PDA

View Full Version : How Crowded?

skinnbones
02-13-2018, 21:29
Planning hike from Clingmans Dome to Hot Springs. Hike will begin sometime between end of Aug or early Sept. What kind of crowds can I expect. Can I expect the amount of hikers I encountered on Springer last April or will I be lucky to see a few hikers?

Lone Wolf
02-13-2018, 21:33
i hiked clingmans to davenport with a guy just after labor day. saw just 2 people

gollwoods
02-13-2018, 21:51
Planning hike from Clingmans Dome to Hot Springs. Hike will begin sometime between end of Aug or early Sept. What kind of crowds can I expect. Can I expect the amount of hikers I encountered on Springer last April or will I be lucky to see a few hikers?Not too many. a few more around the BFG to Charlie's bunion section.
Then over by cammerer possibly. Local hikers mostly. Should be no problem though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gollwoods
02-13-2018, 21:52
Not too many. a few more around the BFG to Charlie's bunion section.
Then over by cammerer possibly. Local hikers mostly. Should be no problem though

Sent from my SM-G920V using TapatalkNFG not BFG.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skinnbones
02-13-2018, 21:59
i hiked clingmans to davenport with a guy just after labor day. saw just 2 peopleIs Standing Bear Farm still open at end of Aug? I was planning to resupply here after I exit the park?

Lone Wolf
02-13-2018, 22:02
yes............

TNhiker
02-13-2018, 23:52
as long as you avoid labor day weekend-----thats the time of the summer when it's a little less crowded due to people going back to school and what not.....

just the areas mentioned in post 3 will have people....