PDA

View Full Version : sub forums for other trails forum?

Lumberjack
02-11-2006, 12:35
can we get the other trails forum broken up by trail? Ie BMT,CDT,PCT,long trial ect? this would help navigation a good deal

attroll
02-11-2006, 13:58
can we get the other trails forum broken up by trail? Ie BMT,CDT,PCT,long trial ect? this would help navigation a good deal

Not a bad idea. How does this look?
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=421

neo
02-11-2006, 14:00

sounds great to me:cool: neo

Lumberjack
02-11-2006, 14:09
Looking good , thanks

Tipi Walter
03-06-2006, 11:48
I'm confused(nothing new)but shouldn't the Benton MacKaye posts in Other Trails be transferred to the B Mac Trail category?

attroll
03-06-2006, 12:36
I'm confused(nothing new)but shouldn't the Benton MacKaye posts in Other Trails be transferred to the B Mac Trail category?
Yes now that I created the other sub forums they do need to be transfered into there appropriate forums. I just have not had the time. I have been way to busy to do it. I am going to do it when I can find a chance when ever that may be.

Rain Man
03-06-2006, 13:29
We're told that this Appalachian Trail site already has too many forums to have forums for AT section hikers,.... but now we told gosh no, there aren't too many forums to launch into all sorts of non-AT trails??? What gives??? Is this an AT site or not? What's with all the non-AT forums, photos, and etc, while being told there are too many forums for any AT forums for the kind of hiker I am???

I'm a totally confused peon!!!

Rain:sunMan

dixicritter
03-06-2006, 23:46
Yes now that I created the other sub forums they do need to be transfered into there appropriate forums. I just have not had the time. I have been way to busy to do it. I am going to do it when I can find a chance when ever that may be.

It's done. :)

Spirit Walker
03-07-2006, 11:56
Rain Man -
Most of the questions asked by a section hiker can be answered by either another section hiker or a thruhiker. The subjects are of interest to both groups and can be answered by a large number of the members of whiteblaze.

However, information about a trail that is not the AT is only of interest to those who have either hiked that trail or intend to hike it - a much smaller group. Obviously, that group doesn't include you. So why put questions about the other trails in the General hiking category where they are of no interest to the majority of the members?

As to why cover other trails at all? Simply because a lot of us who have hiked the AT then discover that there is a whole world of interesting places out there that are not the AT. We want to go explore those places. We choose not to limit ourselves to one trail. And we need information. Most of the other hiking related websites are not focused on long distance hiking as whiteblaze is. Since there are a lot of people here who have hiked many of those trails, who have the same long distance point of view, this is a logical place to discuss them. And if they are in their own forum, those of you who don't care about those discussions can easily ignore them.