PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there on the trail right now in GA

wordstew
02-28-2018, 12:12
I'd be curious to get a few updates RE: real time weather, trail conditions, campsite availability, the shelter crowds anything else of interest

ldsailor
02-28-2018, 12:21
You don't have to be on the trail to answer your questions. Weather: https://www.atweather.org. Trail conditions: Muddy, wet. Campsite availability: get there early. Shelter crowds: forget about a spot in the shelter, especially in the rain. Anything of interest: The trail, hikers dropping out, run on hostels.

chknfngrs
02-28-2018, 12:42
Also think the Facebook is a better source than this here corner of the internet

JC13
02-28-2018, 14:53
I will be up there Friday-Sunday for ATKO. Last I heard from Redbeard it was rain for today and tomorrow and then clear and cool after that.

skater
02-28-2018, 15:43
I'm not on the trail itself, but I'm nearby. We are under flash flood watch, with moderate to heavy rain through Thursday. Crowds are already showing up, and while it hasn't reached a peak yet you can expect to encounter up to 30 people in any given day right now.

El JP
02-28-2018, 17:05
You don't have to be on the trail to answer your questions. Weather: https://www.atweather.org. Trail conditions: Muddy, wet. Campsite availability: get there early. Shelter crowds: forget about a spot in the shelter, especially in the rain. Anything of interest: The trail, hikers dropping out, run on hostels.

That's exactly what I'm expecting on there. It would probably be a bit of a disappointment if we have more than two sunny days a week.

MuddyWaters
02-28-2018, 20:31
Yep but starting about this weekend I think there's going to be a week and a half or two weeks of good weather.

saltysack
02-28-2018, 20:54
Turn on youtube the mobs are already starting....Hoping to avoid the crowds..I’m doing a quick hammock trial run from Spivey gap to 19e..3.5 days prob start Thursday next week....I’ll pass on the mayhem in Ga......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slo-go'en
02-28-2018, 21:14
Yep but starting about this weekend I think there's going to be a week and a half or two weeks of good weather.

Just in time for the next series of storms to hit them while in or near the Smokies...

MuddyWaters
02-28-2018, 21:51
Just in time for the next series of storms to hit them while in or near the Smokies...
No rain...
No pain...
No Maine

Personally Ize goin to Arkansas. Where the lows be 30 not 20, and the creeks be full, and the company....nonexistent. for a blissful week of solitude and ideal weather.