PDA

View Full Version : non-stink bra

Sailor (The other one)
03-13-2018, 11:59
I need a recommendation for a hiking bra made from an anti-microbial fabric, like merino, or from something treated with an antimicrobial like polygiene.

Thanks.
Mudpie

kestral
03-13-2018, 12:07
Exoficio has good reviews. I don’t find them comfortable however. Ibex has some Marino blend items. Pricey to buy without trying on first. Will follow with you.

JC13
03-13-2018, 13:21
Not a lady but I generally buy performance hiking gear for my wife. She swears by the Icebreaker merino wool sports bras. I have grabbed the Sprite model in the past when it goes on sale/clearance.

Bmelee
03-13-2018, 14:09
I second the recommendation for Icebreaker. I have bought several different styles and have been very pleased. Something is usually on sale, but they are even worth the full price if you have to go there. Not cheap, but they hold up well, are very comfortable, and do not stink.

BuckeyeBill
03-13-2018, 14:15
Also not a female but the latest Outdoor Research catalog had sports bra listed. Didn't read it, don't need one lol.

Sailor (The other one)
03-13-2018, 16:13
Not a lady but I generally buy performance hiking gear for my wife. She swears by the Icebreaker merino wool sports bras. I have grabbed the Sprite model in the past when it goes on sale/clearance.

Found one here: https://www.6pm.com/p/icebreaker-sprite-merino-racerback-bra-black-black/product/8624052/color/183092 for only $29.99 and in my size.
Thank you very much for the tip.
Mudpie

Sailor (The other one)
03-16-2018, 14:07
OK, that didn't work. The XL is too small. The straps are not long enough and the cups are not big enough, so it pulls up in the middle. Any large busted ladies have a recommendation?

copro
03-17-2018, 08:30
Smartwool also makes them. My Smartwool has more support and more coverage than my Icebreaker, but it is a blend and not 100% merino. I have worn it for several days and not noticed it smelling but it doesn't dry as fast as I would like.

The perfect sports bra is still my holy grail of hiking gear. Everything else is pretty alright.