PDA

View Full Version : Pikes Peak cog railroad

CrumbSnatcher
03-14-2018, 15:50
just read an article that the pikes peak cog railroad will not be open this spring & possibly closed for good.

iAmKrzys
03-14-2018, 22:57
That's a bit surprising - I took a ride in it some 2 years ago and the train was packed.

JJ505
03-15-2018, 16:07
Very curious as I am often in the area. I looked at the page. Apparently its an infrastructure concern-- that it's runs its course. Not really popularity. If it were to be reopened, it is likely it would have to be completely redesigned and built--from another page. Sounds $$$.

CrumbSnatcher
03-15-2018, 20:32
Very curious as I am often in the area. I looked at the page. Apparently its an infrastructure concern-- that it's runs its course. Not really popularity. If it were to be reopened, it is likely it would have to be completely redesigned and built--from another page. Sounds $$$.Colorado is making so much money on Mary-jane, they can afford to fix it! if they want to. we road the train last summer, glad i got a chance to try it.

JJ505
03-15-2018, 21:21
Colorado is making so much money on Mary-jane, they can afford to fix it! if they want to. we road the train last summer, glad i got a chance to try it.

Sounds like they are trying. They are bringing in all sorts of people who build these-- would think they, of any state, could afford it.