PDA

View Full Version : Nobo’s Spotted in Virginia

chknfngrs
03-19-2018, 12:40
Hiker peanut butter and partner jelly were spotted climbing up three ridges near devils backbone brewing yesterday. Said they started 1/1/2018.

illabelle
03-19-2018, 15:21
Husband and I came down the Priest yesterday. We saw NOBO footprints ahead of us in the snow. A dayhiker said there was a "woman in a yellow slicker" ahead of us. Said she was a thru-hiker, started early. Maybe she was one of them?

scuddr
03-19-2018, 15:30
i saw them on the summit of three ridges. That seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was a beautiful day!

chknfngrs
03-19-2018, 15:49
It was a perfect day to hike! The ice on trail made things very interesting didn’t it?

scuddr
03-19-2018, 15:57
Yes indeed. Step placement on the north side of three ridges was critical. I was a little blind sided by the ice, did not expect it, and thought that the trail by Campbell's Creek would possibly be a luge run, but was pleasantly surprised that the ground was clear there.

Slo-go'en
03-19-2018, 19:44
Their about to be hit with another snow storm. So it goes.

bbikebbs
03-19-2018, 22:05
Weather service has issued a "Winter Weather Advisory" for tomorrow with a follow up "Winter Weather Watch" for tomorrow (Tuesday 3/20) night into Wednesday for the Central Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge. They're talking a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Tuesday night into Wednesday accumulation of 5 or more inches of snow. I hope they've got somewhere to hunker down!

El JP
03-20-2018, 00:56
Scoutmaster started off in February and has been making good miles despite some zero days. Last video I saw of him he was up among the ponies hiking through snow.

KnightErrant
03-21-2018, 16:03
I just met four thru-hikers on my shakedown section hike here in VA! They said they knew of a couple little groups shortly behind them. The hikers ahead are few and far between if the shelter logs were any indication. Hardly any entries at all for the month of March, but I think I did see a note from this PB& J the OP mentioned in one of them.

I'm planning to do one more shakedown here in VA before flying to Atlanta in a few weeks, and I'm hoping for a little more company! I camped all alone for the first time on one of the nights on this trip and it was fine, of course, but pretty sure I jumped about a foot in the air at every little noise. Once I'm down in the bubble in Georgia I'll probably look back on that night with longing though! But I figure by the end of this month, the February starts will be trickling in at a steady rate and an empty shelter will be a rare thing.