PDA

View Full Version : Planning Wawayanda to Wildcat NB in May -- any bivouac stops available in between?

windlion
03-23-2018, 13:09
Sectioning my way north, concerned that I may not be able to fully enjoy Agony Grind, Devil's Ladder, and the boulder climbs if I try to do it in one day? AT Distance Calculator says 12.2 miles, 1960 ft up and 2100 ft down. Photos look like fun rock climbing! Fortunately, I am not into speed hiking.
Suggestions on places I could throw down the tent for a night between these two shelters?

Gambit McCrae
03-23-2018, 13:19
I went thru this section on my 8th day on trail. It is a doozy. We went sobo from William Brien Shelter to Wildcat right at 19.5 miles.

Not sure your wawayanda to wildcat...Agony grind is from Lakes Rd NB to NY17 which is just north of wildcat

Slo-go'en
03-23-2018, 17:31
Even if there were (which I don't think there is) it's not legal to do that in NY.

JohnThe Snail
03-24-2018, 22:11
Not legal to stealth camp in NY. That said, two years ago my daughter and I section hiked that part and stopped at a place about a mile past the ladder and roughly .3 miles before Cascade Brook. Heading north, there was a hollow to the right, right before another uphill. We were tired and it was getting late so we stopped.

windlion
03-28-2018, 19:02
Better choice than hiking into the dark tired, I'd say. Thanks for validating my concern.