PDA

View Full Version : Less fog eyewear

devoidapop
03-31-2018, 15:13
I usually wear ray-bans but they fog up too easily. Has anybody had luck with a specific shape or brand of frame that allows better air flow to avoid fogging?

Dogwood
03-31-2018, 15:43
There are anti fog eyewear. Theres also a anti fogging liquid solution in a small squeezable AM sized bottle. I use glacier type glasses of high quality lenses with eye surrounds to avoid fogging. They are mostly to avoid glare and snow blindness but also aid in not having fogged up lenses. Beyond that as far as I can tell for sunglasses fogging up is user generated.

kestral
03-31-2018, 16:07
I tried using some rain-x (for car windshields) on my glasses. It helps, but has a slight halo effect around bright lights.

Dogwood
03-31-2018, 18:56
I tried using some rain-x (for car windshields) on my glasses. It helps, but has a slight halo effect around bright lights.

Was wondering if Rain x would work.

egilbe
03-31-2018, 22:27
I found cat crap works pretty good to keep glasses anf goggles from fogging up.

Carl7
04-01-2018, 09:19
Has anybody had luck with a specific shape or brand of frame that allows better air flow to avoid fogging?

I have to wear prescription glasses all the time. I sweat a lot and have found that larger lenses that come closer to the cheeks fog more, as they restrict airflow. More airflow is better. Most sunglasses have larger lenses. Sometimes keeping the hood draw strings tight in the rain restricts air flow. However, if you are in a wet warm fog bank, sweating uphill in the rain, and are wearing a hood, that's a tough one.

daddytwosticks
04-02-2018, 07:13
Cat crap works OK, better than nothing. It needs to be re-applied as needed. :)