PDA

View Full Version : Chester Gap Road parking

chknfngrs
04-09-2018, 09:18
Anyone ever park a car at VA610/Chester Gap Road .5 miles from the AT? You know, the side trail to Terrapin Station hostel?!? Not at VA522. Asking for a friend

tdoczi
04-09-2018, 09:32
Anyone ever park a car at VA610/Chester Gap Road .5 miles from the AT? You know, the side trail to Terrapin Station hostel?!? Not at VA522. Asking for a friend
ive parked at the hostel. the trail in to the AT is a piece of cake. dont know about just parking on the road there, i bet that website with all the at parking information would shed some light on it... rohland something or other

chknfngrs
04-09-2018, 18:49
Good info! I looked on the Rohland site and VA610 isn’t mentioned. I googled it and found an NPS website that mentioned good access to foot or horse traffic, and space for about five cars. But it was in a pdf updated in 2010.

tdoczi
04-09-2018, 19:46
Good info! I looked on the Rohland site and VA610 isn’t mentioned. I googled it and found an NPS website that mentioned good access to foot or horse traffic, and space for about five cars. But it was in a pdf updated in 2010.

yeah right after i replied to you i checked that site and noticed 610 isnt mentioned.

does mike still own terrapin station? i know it was for sale. if he does i would suggest just asking to park there. the trail is literally right into his driveway basically.

chknfngrs
04-10-2018, 09:29
I emailed him a while ago but haven’t heard back. Will follow up maybe with a phone call. Thanks for the help!

tdoczi
04-10-2018, 09:39
I emailed him a while ago but haven’t heard back. Will follow up maybe with a phone call. Thanks for the help!

definitely call. hes not exactly a high tech kind of guy.