PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think you've seen it all....

oldwetherman
04-09-2018, 19:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8A3WJnYkI

Tipi Walter
04-09-2018, 19:41
I didn't even think about ordering this item until I saw its stuff sack---remarkable! What really sold me was the Bikini Brief option.

goatee
04-09-2018, 19:45
Salesman talked me into buying 2 so I have a spare now.Can't wait to use on my hike.

Tipi Walter
04-09-2018, 20:10
I have two of these suits and one is heavily used and soiled but I'm willing to sell the other suit for twice what I paid for it.

Kookork
04-09-2018, 20:49
This is what happens when you force your development and research to come up with something new that blows people's mind. It blows most of the time!!!

Burrhead
04-09-2018, 20:59
I would love to have a job where I could.
1- Get high enough to think of that!
2- Be brave enough to go to my boss with the idea!
3- Have a boss that is high enough to approve the budget to build the suit and record the video!
All for an April fools joke.

KCNC
04-09-2018, 21:19
I'm holding out for the mesh panel option. Can't survive black fly season without that.

Sarcasm the elf
04-09-2018, 21:20
I’m a little annoyed there’s no “Union suit” zipper on the back.

rocketsocks
04-09-2018, 22:04
Does it come with stakes?

Tipi Walter
04-09-2018, 22:18
I’m a little annoyed there’s no “Union suit” zipper on the back.

It's designed as a Full Body Diaper whereby you release your stool right into the suit so there's need for a back zipper. No more pesky catholes need to be dug although at the end of a long trip the suit itself will weigh more than the rest of your gear.

In fact, it's advertised as ONE TRIP, ONE SUIT.

kestral
04-10-2018, 14:11
They had me at “with a front v neck that will go as low as you dare to go...”. in tear away Velcro.

Hiker strip tease? Would this be gender bias? Where did my yearly bonus go? I like that it packs down small, but no weight was mentioned!

BlackCloud
04-11-2018, 08:57
Was that real? I honestly can't tell.

Coffee
04-11-2018, 09:26
They left out the weight, so I have no idea how to update my spreadsheets and no idea what the impact will be on my base weight. Also all the removable parts make it damn near impossible to know which elements to allocate to my base weight vs. my skin out weight, making this totally unusable for me when cyber hiking.

rhjanes
04-11-2018, 10:00
Release date might be a tip......

KCNC
04-11-2018, 10:07
They left out the weight, so I have no idea how to update my spreadsheets and no idea what the impact will be on my base weight. Also all the removable parts make it damn near impossible to know which elements to allocate to my base weight vs. my skin out weight, making this totally unusable for me when cyber hiking.

It's made with their proprietary NanoWeight UltraDyneema (working name - Nauru Fiber.) Current technology cannot measure weights of such extreme, so you're free to use either zero or infinity, whichever happens to suit the formula you're working with at the time.

Coffee
04-11-2018, 10:36
If they throw in some dehydrated water in one of the removable nano weight ultradyneema pouches, I'll more seriously consider it.

CalebJ
04-11-2018, 11:09
Release date might be a tip......

Yep, definitely an April Fools thing.

KCNC
04-11-2018, 12:10
If they throw in some dehydrated water in one of the removable nano weight ultradyneema pouches, I'll more seriously consider it.

I've seen internal documents that indicate they're planning to offer that as an upgrade next year.

Tipi Walter
04-11-2018, 12:56
This suit is marvelous. I love mine and I'm thankful the day it came in the mail in its little envelop.

Not mentioned in the video but the entire suit is waterproof and this is achieved by soaking it in a big vat of mercury before shipping. 10 gallons of mercury are also sent with the order as it's recommended you periodically re-soak the suit every month.

It works best when the mercury impregnated fabric is worn next to the skin so it's best to be worn over a fully naked body. Other than experiencing severe neurological dysfunction on occasion (due to the water repellent chemicals), it's the best piece of backpacking gear I have.

rocketsocks
04-11-2018, 13:00
Best piece of gear since edible socks!