PDA

View Full Version : Amicalola Lodge Rates & Reservations

Mountain Laurel
04-11-2018, 14:18
King room is $189 for 5/4/18. They're running some specials for Memorial Day week and some for closer in, but nothing I can find for our one-night stay date.

I don't want to risk them selling out, but not familiar with the lodge so don't know if waiting closer in might garner a better rate or if I should just book now while there's availability?

I tried searching the forum, but with the word "Amicalola" in the search term, I was drowning in threads/posts.

TIA!

Mountain Laurel
04-11-2018, 19:45
At the risk of talking to myself, I think I may have stumbled upon a better plan. Since we have to move the car at Amicalola anyway, I started searching for other options for lodging. If we stay in Ellijay, we get to the hotel sooner, can grab breakfast at the Waffle House or equally available 24-hour breakfast spot and then drive over and hit the trail and save a good bit of money in the process. There could be huge flaws in my logic, because we've never been to the park, but it seems to make some sense financially and logistically?

Lone Wolf
04-11-2018, 19:52
the lodge is way overpriced nowadays. thanks to hundreds/thousands of hikers attempting a full walk. ellijay is the answer

Mountain Laurel
04-11-2018, 20:24
THANK YOU! I wasn't sure if I was missing something really obvious, so I wanted to ask. When we get to do our full walk, we'll get dropped off in the parking lot, during the day, and just start up the stairs. :)

Thefurther
04-12-2018, 07:26
THANK YOU! I wasn't sure if I was missing something really obvious, so I wanted to ask. When we get to do our full walk, we'll get dropped off in the parking lot, during the day, and just start up the stairs. :) try Dawsonville , Dahlonega , elijay , are all in half hour to forty five minutes of the falls . the roads going over to the falls from these towns are pretty much straight shots . probably be a bit cheaper to stay in one of these towns .

Thefurther
04-12-2018, 07:29
Dahlonega has some great history and is a great town for food . everything is right in a 5 minute walking distance downtown . there is a inn down there that is really cute and rustic .... hall house hotel has a great restaurant there .

Mountain Laurel
04-12-2018, 08:05
Thanks, Donald! Since all we're going to do is sleep and grab a shower and run back out, we'll probably end up booking something that's en route without a backtrack. We won't get to Ellijay until probably 9:30 or 10:00 local time since we can't leave until after work. Functional and clean is all we need. We toyed with getting a campsite and just sleeping in the car, but I think springing for a room is worth the extra so we can start out rested and clean.

Thefurther
04-12-2018, 08:39
[QUOTE=Mountain Laurel;2204194]Thanks, Donald! Since all we're going to do is sleep and grab a shower and run back out, we'll probably end up booking something that's en route without a backtrack. We won't get to Ellijay until probably 9:30 or 10:00 local time since we can't leave until after work. Functional and clean is all we need. We toyed with getting a campsite and just sleeping in the car, but I think springing for a room is worth the extra so we can start out rested and

yeah , definitely a awesome plan . keep it simple my friend . peace and hike safely