PDA

View Full Version : Don't mail your woolies home...

Venchka
04-16-2018, 09:36
...too soon.
It's snowing in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina as I type. Live video of snow falling on Doc Watson's statue in Boone, NC.
Have a great day!
Wayne

Sarcasm the elf
04-16-2018, 09:53
Yep, I just took my studded snow tires off, as CT law only allows their use until April 15th. Naturally this morning it snowed again in the Northern part of the State. :eek:

full conditions
04-16-2018, 13:51
Two hour delay for Swain County schools - the Smokies are looking pretty frosty from atop Schoolhouse Hill right now.

Venchka
04-16-2018, 14:53
Yep, I just took my studded snow tires off, as CT law only allows their use until April 15th. Naturally this morning it snowed again in the Northern part of the State. :eek:
Interesting. We lived in the northern part of the state. On the east bank of the river opposite Holyoke, MA. 👍😄
This is quite late for winter weather.
Wayne

Cosmo
04-16-2018, 19:13
Still a good 6-8”of snow on the higher parts of Mass. More than a foot on Mt Greylock. Met a SB’er 3 days out from North Adams headed for VA—soaked to the bone. Took him to the bus station, he’ll be back in May.

2nd coldest April ever, so far. Maybe averages will work out and we’ll have a nice sunny 2weeks.

Cosmo

Cosmo
04-16-2018, 19:13
Still a good 6-8”of snow on the higher parts of Mass. More than a foot on Mt Greylock. Met a SB’er 3 days out from North Adams headed for VA—soaked to the bone. Took him to the bus station, he’ll be back in May.

2nd coldest April ever, so far. Maybe averages will work out and we’ll have a nice sunny 2weeks.

Cosmo

RangerZ
04-16-2018, 19:33
Snow and 27* overnight at Tray Mtn shelter in GA. Believe me, I’m here. Hope the mice freeze their asses off.

Venchka
04-16-2018, 20:40
Snow and 27* overnight at Tray Mtn shelter in GA. Believe me, I’m here. Hope the mice freeze their asses off.
Perfect hiking and camping weather. Wish I was there.
Wayne

Kev
04-17-2018, 14:59

Way to go, toughing it out! Best of luck!