PDA

View Full Version : cool trail food

mweinstone
02-13-2006, 23:38
post your secret recipe here.
mats creek shake or mats spring shake;into a nalge mix milk,coco,and the secret ingredient,vanilla extract. add brown sugar and put in ice cold water source overnight.shake alot till total foam and drink first thing apon waking.

camich
02-14-2006, 10:19
A mixture of milk chocolate chips, p-nut butter chips, pecans, and marshmallows (premixed in a ziplock)...put a handful on a tortilla and melt over low heat. We use the top of one our pans to heat it on.....it's good!:banana ;)

hobbit
03-23-2006, 21:44
take an oven bag (at home) place in marshmallows crushed gram crackers, and broken up chocolate bars (since the stuff will be destroyed in a pack anyway why not start it off destroyed) at camp place oven bag into a pot of water and melt it untill goey and enjoy (warning very thick you may need a friend or a loved one to split this with before you start eating it of course)

Mr. Clean
03-23-2006, 22:49
and the chicks seem to like it, too. :sun

hobbit
03-24-2006, 20:58
yep thats another helpfull thing cause girls love chocolate but so do old and strange, bragging, elitist gear heads!!! (who don't ask if they can have some,i mean i know i'm sharing with the girls but you don't just walk over and take some dang!)

Dancer
11-03-2006, 11:05
I make banana boats!

peel down one side of the banana peel and cut a trench in the banana

stuff marshmallows, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts or whatever you want inside the trench then push the banana you cut out back on top

lay the peel back on the banana and wrap in foil

place in the embers of a campfire or use a pan over your stove to heat the banana

heaven in a banana peel!!!!

Amazonwoman

halftime
11-03-2006, 13:41
Power Balls

5 cups Corn Flakes (un-crushed)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
Optional: Substitute 1-1/2 cup flakes with 3/4 cup Granola, Raisins, Dry fruit, Chopped Nuts, Chocolate etc (anything that you might like).

Crush Flakes in large bowl. Add optional ingredients and peanut butter and stir mixture to consistency

Mix Sugar and Syrup in pot and bring to boil. Pour into Bowl and mix with large spoon,

Spoon into 1" Balls and place on a sheet of aluminum foil to cool

Should make about 30 balls depending on size.

Should keep a week or so in a well sealed container (depending on climate etc.) Do not store for extended time period.

khaynie
11-03-2006, 16:36
Quesadilla - Must pronounce like Napolean Dynamite's Grandmother for maximum flavor:D

In cook pot, heat a tbsp'ish of olive oil and place tortilla right over pot surface.
Proceed to either Meat Style or Desert Style
Meat Style

Base: Genoa Salami (or any meat for that matter), cheese, hot sauce
The rest of your ingredients must come from your imagination
Once ALL ingredients are in, place another tortilla shell over the top, and flip that jewel over into some more hot olive oil. Be careful you don't get it too hot; particularly if you've got a one speed stove.
Desert Style

Base: Peanut Butter
I'll break up a snickers and sprinkle it over the top of my base. Then sprinkle any other sweet rations over the rest
Again your imagination needs to play a big part here
Once ALL ingredients are in, place another tortilla shell over the top, and flip that bad boy over into some more hot olive oil. Be careful you don't get it too hot; particularly if you've got a one speed stove.Eat and enjoy.

adh24
11-03-2006, 17:16
A freezer Bag with Ground Beef (Dehydrated)
A freezer Bag with instant Tatoes (Add any seasoning you like)
A McCormick Mushroom Gravy Packet

Add water to the beef and tatoes pop in cozy. Wait a bit then simmer gravy pour meet and gravy over totoes. It's kind of like a shepherds pie. You can build off it by adding peas carrots or other veggies one would like.