PDA

View Full Version : Southbounder Forum?

TJ aka Teej
02-14-2006, 00:38
I think there should a forum for MEGA planning, where all the recent sobo threads would be relocated and future sobo topics directed.
I'll volunteer to help.

RITBlake
02-14-2006, 00:59
i'd also be happy to help and I think its a great idea. I think going SOBO is a whole different kind of animal

attroll
02-14-2006, 02:04
I will give this some thought some more. I know I told you I would think about it TJ. I have to admit it was put way in the back on my mind and forgot about. I have some big projects going on with WhiteBlaze right now. Bug me in a couple of days about htis again. RITBlake you can bug me too. I have some concerns about this i will post later though.

attroll
02-14-2006, 04:06
I just added a southbounders thru hiking forum and it falls under the forum "Thru - Hiker Specific Topics / Q & A,s (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21) " and is titled "Southbound thru hikers (MEGA) (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=422)".

khaynie
02-14-2006, 07:52
Good idea. I look forward to seeing it's usefulness.

nattyd123
02-14-2006, 11:20
You guys are my heroes

TJ aka Teej
02-14-2006, 17:35
I just added a southbounders thru hiking forum and it falls under the forum "Thru - Hiker Specific Topics / Q & A,s (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21) " and is titled "Southbound thru hikers (MEGA) (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=422)".

Thanks, ATTroll! :banana

TJ aka Teej
02-14-2006, 17:43
Good idea. I look forward to seeing it's usefulness.

I think this is the first time, on any website or in any book, that major space has been dedicated to Southbound specifics. There have been threads and topics galore, and a few paragraphs in the guides, but now on WhiteBlaze there's finally a home for 'directionally challenged' hikers :D

I talked with you two at KSC for a few minutes last June, after meeting Augie, Mike and Blake - really enjoyed reading about your hike! Since you folks have recent sobo-ing experience, I know you'll be valuable contributors on the new forum!

khaynie
02-14-2006, 17:51
I think this is the first time, on any website or in any book, that major space has been dedicated to Southbound specifics. There have been threads and topics galore, and a few paragraphs in the guides, but now on WhiteBlaze there's finally a home for 'directionally challenged' hikers :D

I talked with you two at KSC for a few minutes last June, after meeting Augie, Mike and Blake - really enjoyed reading about your hike! Since you folks have recent sobo-ing experience, I know you'll be valuable contributors on the new forum!

Samoa and I remember talking with you at Kathadin Stream Campground like it was yesterday. The mosquitoes and black flies were as thick as a dust cloud. They didn't seem to be bothering you, but they were eating us up. Guess we were just some fresh Georiga blood...

We both look forward to adding our thoughts/comments into this new forum. Seems like a great idea and I'm glad that future SOBO's (or anyone for that matter) will have it for a reference.

Alligator
02-14-2006, 17:59
K\J !orraziB ?sdrawkcab gnigtyreve si yhW

RITBlake
02-14-2006, 18:02
K\J !orraziB ?sdrawkcab gnigtyreve si yhW

this makes perfect sense :clap

nattyd123
02-14-2006, 18:09
I'm going to make a Tshirt that says "You're going the wrong way!"

RITBlake
02-14-2006, 18:17
I'm going to make a Tshirt that says "You're going the wrong way!"

for nobos to wear? or sobos?

hey Guilford CT ... right down the road!

nattyd123
02-14-2006, 18:30
For the SOBO's, a public service annoncement?. Or as Treebeard from LOTR said (something like) "Walking south always feels like I'm going downhill."

I know there has been a thread about people going the wrong way in the morning - I can only imagine the confusion spawned when the two migrations pass through each other.

There is quite a contingent of Whiteblazers in Guilford, all two of us! CT Ruck anyone?

DLANOIE
02-19-2006, 13:56
I have been trying to see a SOBO forum on WB. I think its needed for those who are planning on a SOBO thru hike. This is a great idea and a chance for those who can contribute advice and the like to do so.

I would be happy to contribute info like a pack list for Sobo thru hike.
I will post it under another thread, not sure where yet.

2006 SOBO, June 1 start date! sssssoooooo excited!:sun

No Belay
02-22-2006, 23:36
Great addition to the site. I did a GAME Thru in 71 as a kid before I started working. I'm looking forward to a MEGA when I quit working in 2008. Your efforts and labor are much appreciated.

"Lord, help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am."