PDA

View Full Version : FL to VA for Trail days (Need something to view/do)

Bearded_Shrek
04-30-2018, 20:54
I-95 to I-26 to I-77 to 321

I'll be either leaving 051618 evening or 051718 early morning. I can't arrive early and I'm trying to find something to check out between FL and VA.

My thought was to arrive (early) in or near Damascus and just check out the local spots. But, I also thought about coming on here and see if anyone has a recommended stop on the way. So here I am...

Thank you for your time :-)

FrogLevel
05-01-2018, 12:45
Just go all the way up 26 to Erwin and stop at Sams Gap. You can day hike to bald mountain right off I-26. You can continue to Erwin and go to Beauty Spot Gap and check out the views there.

You could continue on I-26 past Erwin take the Elizabethton exit and then hook up to 321 into Damascus. You'll follow the trail the whole way...Laurel Fork Falls, Watauga Lake and Shady Valley will offer day hiking on the AT and convenient road crossings. Plus you'll meet other hikers trying to get there.

blw2
05-01-2018, 21:04
that's a wide open thing. Everyone is different, what I like may not be what you like. so wide open....trails to hike, museums, points of interest, historic sites....depends on what you're looking for.

roadtrippers.com is a decent resource for finding stuff to do on a road trip.