PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Bronner's Hemp Soap

Mother Natures Son
05-06-2018, 18:43
I was shocked to see, "Dr. Bronner's Hemp Soap" in my local store. I know its legal in PA but would I get in trouble if I used it (on the trail) in other states?

Runner2017
05-06-2018, 18:47
I was shocked to see, "Dr. Bronner's Hemp Soap" in my local store. I know its legal in PA but would I get in trouble if I used it (on the trail) in other states?Costco sells hemp seeds in bulk. Isn't that illegal in PA?

blw2
05-06-2018, 19:41
They sell in retail in Florida, as far as I know they always have.
I actually wonder if the hemp is even the kind that you might think it is. Maybe it's the kind of hemp used to make manila rope?

Feral Bill
05-06-2018, 20:09
They sell in retail in Florida, as far as I know they always have.
I actually wonder if the hemp is even the kind that you might think it is. Maybe it's the kind of hemp used to make manila rope? Manila and hemp are different natural fibers altogether. Processed hemp products (fiber, oil, nonviable seeds) have always been legal, although the plant is not legal to grow here. AFAIK hemp products have no special properties that make them better than alternatives, or any downsides, either.

Venchka
05-06-2018, 20:47
Our neighbors to the north sell a bazillion tons of edible hemp products annually. I use Manitoba Hemp Hearts in my trail diet.
I’m sure Google can answer all of your hemp questions.
Wayne

Highland Goat
05-06-2018, 21:01
There may be some reform in how hemp is regulated, likely leading to more hemp based consumer products.

McConnell Wants Hemp Removed From Controlled Substance List (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-26/urgent-mcconnell-wants-hemp-removed-from-controlled-substance-list)

Venchka
05-06-2018, 22:05
Google knows:
“A. If the only source of the psychoactive THC in your body is from hemp foods, produced from Canadian grown hemp seeds and eaten in reasonable quantities, it is virtually impossible to fail a drug test by ingesting hemp foods due to the fact that THC levels in our products are barely measurable.”
Canadians know.
Wayne

greenmtnboy
05-07-2018, 07:45
It's a great product, as well as hemp fabric and hemp/cotton clothing mixes; combines the toughness of hemp with the softness of cotton. There are so many things you can make with hemp products. A dozen or so years ago I put up some money for a debate at NOFA between Ron Paul and Ralph Nader: https://www.commondreams.org/views/2005/06/25/hemp-victory Good politicians have been trying to make hemp growing legal and mainstream for a long time now and there have been some real advances.

sketcher709
05-07-2018, 12:04
Hemp typically is sold as seeds and irradiated so that they can not grow. So, you can often sprout them but then they die die to the radiation damage. One has to look high and wide to find hemp seeds that will actually grow into a plant which is what is/was illegal.

T.S.Kobzol
05-08-2018, 05:40
A few years ago I switched exclusively to bronners concentrate in my shower.

I use it as a shampoo and a soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randy.shopher
05-09-2018, 15:26
Who wants to wash their hemp?
I was shocked to see, "Dr. Bronner's Hemp Soap" in my local store. I know its legal in PA but would I get in trouble if I used it (on the trail) in other states?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Cosmo
05-12-2018, 12:19
You'll only be in trouble in the woods if you use it in the water. Wait until you get into town before washing up.

Cosmo

gpburdelljr
05-12-2018, 13:08
According to the DEA, hemp soap is not illegal.

https://www.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr100901.html

Traveler
05-13-2018, 06:59
Just don't smoke it and everything should work out fine.