PDA

View Full Version : Where to go best for my next winter holidays?

JulianM
05-08-2018, 05:22
Hello Community!
I am living in Alabama and would like to fly somewhere during winter time. It should be there warm and calm so I could escape from winter and relax.
Sorrily I haven't yet any ideas where I could go. So I wanted to ask some ppl here in this form where I could go for my winter holiday.

regards Julian

MuddyWaters
05-08-2018, 06:30
I didn't know those Alabama winters were that tough.

Cozumel?

MuddyWaters
05-08-2018, 06:30
Double posted

rocketsocks
05-08-2018, 08:53
Puerto Rico might have some good deals

Bansko
05-08-2018, 11:41
Well, how well-heeled are you?

Odd Man Out
05-08-2018, 11:51
Go to Michigan in the winter. Then going home to Alabama will seem like a vacation.

bigcranky
05-08-2018, 11:59
The New York Times publishes a list of "52 Places" to visit every year. This year they are having a reporter visit each place and write about it.

Here is the original story (https://www.nytimes.com/column/the-52-places-traveler), and here is a link to the stories she is writing about each place (https://www.nytimes.com/column/the-52-places-traveler).

Los Cabos, at the southern tip of Baja California (in Mexico) looks good. So does Costa Rica.

Hope you find a good place. :)

nsherry61
05-08-2018, 12:46
How long are you going for? It would be fun to get out of the northern hemisphere and head to Australia or New Zealand. For backpacking, NZ is supposed to be some of the best in the world!

Venchka
05-08-2018, 12:50
Is hiking part of the requirements?
Big Bend National Park. Avoid Thanksgiving and Christmas-New Years holidays. Fly to San Antonio or El Paso and rent a car.
Wayne

JulianM
05-10-2018, 05:11
Hello!
Thanks for your reply and the many advises. Well the winters are not realy very cold but I would love to see something from the world. Was planing to go for some weeks up to 2 Months.
Well hiking could be an interesting alternative. But I was more thinking on an asian location to spend my winter time. I heared in Phuket should be interesting places to visit (https://clubchampagnephuket.com) and wanted to give it a try and visit some of them.

T.S.Kobzol
05-10-2018, 06:51
Hiking would be an interesting alternative? [emoji16] what kind of forum am I in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiddlehead
05-10-2018, 06:54
If you go to Phuket, let me know.
I live here and believe it or not, there is hiking here. (although you'll sweat a lot, it's hot)
Not long distance but there are mountains.

Nearby, you have Kinabalu in Borneo, mountains in northern Thailand around Chiang Mai, Nepal is doable in winter. I've been there 6 times, usually i Jan or Feb. Gets cold at the higher elevations of course but beautiful place.
I might try Myanmar next winter.
I'm heading for Taiwan in July but that would be too cold in winter I believe.

So many exotic places within a $150 airfare of here: Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, etc.

Venchka
05-10-2018, 12:26
You’re in North America.
Folks from Asia flock to North America to see our wonders.
You want to go to Asia.
Shakes his head.
Have fun.
Wayne