PDA

View Full Version : 1 dead, 1 injured in cougar attack

Chair-man
05-19-2018, 20:59
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/eastside/1-dead-1-injured-in-cougar-attack-on-eastside/

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Too bad they had to put the cat down.

JPritch
05-19-2018, 21:24
Why is it too bad they had to put the mountain lion down?

chknfngrs
05-19-2018, 22:29
No kidding! Cat has the taste for mammal blood, gotta go!

robby
05-19-2018, 22:32
i hate that they murdered an apex predator. its a risk we all take in the wilderness. if a cat kills me, i do not want her murdered. and if you hunt them, i hate you

T.S.Kobzol
05-19-2018, 22:48
Good to kill the cat. Best if other cats see it. Gotta teach them to fear and avoid humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPritch
05-19-2018, 22:55
I have my popcorn and soda ready. This is gonna be a fun thread!

Sarcasm the elf
05-19-2018, 23:55
I have my popcorn and soda ready. This is gonna be a fun thread!

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a mountain lion is a good guy with a mountain lion. :rolleyes:

tdoczi
05-20-2018, 00:47
Good to kill the cat. Best if other cats see it. Gotta teach them to fear and avoid humans.

seeing as how they are rather solitary creatures and arent often come across period i find it unlikely there were very many witnesses.

this theory is always at the top of my "silly rationales behind hunting" list

Feral Bill
05-20-2018, 02:16
I am more scared by almost anything. There are lots of cougars in Washington. Attacks are very rare.

fiddlehead
05-20-2018, 05:00
Sounds like a rogue cougar and most likely they did the best thing.
I don't believe cougars attack people generally.
Since this one attacked 2, it is not normal at all.
My opinion.
I'm imagine hikers in the area will rest better at night.

Old Hillwalker
05-20-2018, 05:49
Support the right to arm bears.

rickb
05-20-2018, 06:59

It is possible that you and the OP may think more alike than not.

Big difference between saying “its too bad they HAD TO put the Mountain lion down” and saying “it’s too bad they put the mountain lion down”.

As written I agree it was too bad they needed to do this — just as I would agree that it was too bad Aron Ralston needed to cut off his arm to save his own life (for example).

bushwhacker88
05-20-2018, 07:08
The deceased ran away instead of trying to help his buddy. The two of them working together could probably have driven it away. Running is only going to make things worse with an apex predator. Youre not going to out run (or out-ride) a mountain lion.

MuddyWaters
05-20-2018, 07:53
Predators, just like armies, know that to suceed

You first divide, then conquer

if they stayed together, might have had different outcome

Chair-man
05-20-2018, 08:39

I'm not saying it wasn't necessary, it's just kinda sad every time they put down a nuisance bear, gator or whatever.

tdoczi
05-20-2018, 09:15
The deceased ran away instead of trying to help his buddy. The two of them working together could probably have driven it away. Running is only going to make things worse with an apex predator. Youre not going to out run (or out-ride) a mountain lion.

the old joke about "i dont need to outrun the cougar (bear, lion, whatever) i just need to outrun you" proven true, inadvertently.

moldy
05-20-2018, 12:47
Not hikers

Uncle Joe
05-20-2018, 13:08
i hate that they murdered an apex predator. its a risk we all take in the wilderness. if a cat kills me, i do not want her murdered. and if you hunt them, i hate you
Killing isn't murder. Killing the innocent is murder. I'd argue the cat was guilty.

Sarcasm the elf
05-20-2018, 13:28
Given that it’s washington, I’m surprised that they didn’t give it a plea bargain to serve a 10 year sentence, suspended after five (in cat years of course.)

Runner2017
05-20-2018, 15:24
The problem with mountain biking is that you move at fast speed. When you are trespassing/violating a big cat's or a grizzly's territory, you have become an intruder, and you will be treated as such. This is the thing most mountain biking guys don't get it.

rocketsocks
05-20-2018, 16:10
Can’t help but think a fixed blade knife may give a body 1/2 a fighting chance.

ADK Walker
05-20-2018, 16:29
I seem to recall an individual fighting off a cougar with a Bic Pen many years ago.

tdoczi
05-20-2018, 17:48
Can’t help but think a fixed blade knife may give a body 1/2 a fighting chance.

i cant help but think 2 against 1 would give you a fighting chance to.

not be judgmental, but "a cougar attacked me, so my friend distracted it and then i ran for the hills" isnt a very good optic when the friend ends up dead.

4shot
05-20-2018, 18:54
i cant help but think 2 against 1 would give you a fighting chance to.

not be judgmental, but "a cougar attacked me, so my friend distracted it and then i ran for the hills" isnt a very good optic when the friend ends up dead.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I think the word "friend" is overused in our society.We use it for people who are most likely "friendly acquaintances". i always told my sons that if they met 5 real and true friends along the way they were doing better than most.

Uncle Joe
05-20-2018, 18:54
The problem with mountain biking is that you move at fast speed. When you are trespassing/violating a big cat's or a grizzly's territory, you have become an intruder, and you will be treated as such. This is the thing most mountain biking guys don't get it.
The problem with mountain biking and the speed of travel is that you no doubt trigger a predator's inclination to chase. That probably led to this issue, although the cat could have just as easily targeted a hiker as they have before.

robby
05-20-2018, 19:44
of course cat is guilty of nothing. the cat breaks no laws, as it not subject to them. if you kill animals, i believe you are a murderer. most people would disagree with me. i live in sf bay area, so call me snowflake and feel better about yourself

Heliotrope
05-20-2018, 20:04
Predators, just like armies, know that to suceed

You first divide, then conquer

if they stayed together, might have had different outcome

Totally agree. Don’t run. Stand your ground together. However, fear takes over the best of us at times like this. How well do you know your friend? Will they back you up in an emergency?

Runner2017
05-20-2018, 20:27
of course cat is guilty of nothing. the cat breaks no laws, as it not subject to them. if you kill animals, i believe you are a murderer. most people would disagree with me. i live in sf bay area, so call me snowflake and feel better about yourselfThere are 7.4 billion human animals on this tiny rock and their population is projected to be over 10 billion in a few more decades. All wild animals including all large ocean fishes are destined to be all gone by then. Progress!

saltysack
05-20-2018, 20:36

A ranger in MT was killed by grizz few years ago on a mtb....

Runner2017
05-20-2018, 21:29
A ranger in MT was killed by grizz few years ago on a mtb....

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah. No exceptions.

This two guys hiked across the North pole in summer (the toughest time of year to do it). And they didn't even bring any rifles. They had many encounters with polar bears and never got bothered.

https://youtu.be/3IKxCA1C-Yw

TexasBob
05-20-2018, 22:23
of course cat is guilty of nothing. the cat breaks no laws, as it not subject to them. if you kill animals, i believe you are a murderer. most people would disagree with me. i live in sf bay area, so call me snowflake and feel better about yourself

If an animal kills a human that is OK but if a human kills an animal that is murder? I am having a hard time seeing the logic behind that line of reasoning. Help me understand your thought process on this.

Uncle Joe
05-20-2018, 22:26
Didn’t imply you were a snowflake only that killing the cat wasn’t murder.

Siestita
05-21-2018, 00:07
Don't cougar's typically attack their prey very rapidly, attempting to kill or fatally wound it by biting quickly with jaws and teeth that are powerful enough to break neck vertebra? So, perhaps we shouldn't be critical of the cyclist who left the scene and survived. Things might not have turned out any better if he had remained there.

Thefurther
05-21-2018, 08:08
should have been wielding a piece ....

Roll Tide
05-21-2018, 09:17
News reports this morning that the cougar was emancipated. Only weighed around 100 lbs, normal weight is 150lbs.

Sarcasm the elf
05-21-2018, 10:00
should have been wielding a piece ....
Somehow I don’t think that operating a firearm from a moving mountain bike would work out as planned...

trailmercury
05-21-2018, 10:26
News reports this morning that the cougar was emancipated. Only weighed around 100 lbs, normal weight is 150lbs.

Autocorrect?
did you mean emaciated?

A gun could have helped, but no guarantees.

martinb
05-21-2018, 10:44
This is pretty telling. Could have been with its mother too long and did not develop enough hunting skill,

Berserker
05-21-2018, 12:05
I don't normally make these kind of comments because I wasn't there and don't know all the facts of the incident, but why in the heck did the one guy take off and ride 2 miles away and then call for help? I can't say that I'd be a hero in that situation either, but if my buddy was being attacked I'd at least have grabbed the nearest big stick and put up a fight.

rocketsocks
05-21-2018, 12:08
I seem to recall an individual fighting off a cougar with a Bic Pen many years ago.
Had to have been a Marine :D
But I can honestly say I’ve never carved a turkey with a Bic pen. Grappling with a big cat would be like fighting Royce Gracie and Freddy Cougar all rolled up into one...I don’t do big cats, I’d rather fight a bear any day...a small bear, like teddy size.:D

Siestita
05-21-2018, 13:26
This is a more detailed news story than some initial reporting about the incident: https://apnews.com/9a47c3db8a2a4575a03a3b9276a4ac54/Cyclists-tried-to-scare-cougar-but-it-attacked,-killing-1

This was the first human fatality caused by a cougar in Washington State in 94 years, even though that State is believed to have a current cougar population of about 2,000.

gpburdelljr
05-21-2018, 13:33
I don't normally make these kind of comments because I wasn't there and don't know all the facts of the incident, but why in the heck did the one guy take off and ride 2 miles away and then call for help? I can't say that I'd be a hero in that situation either, but if my buddy was being attacked I'd at least have grabbed the nearest big stick and put up a fight.

From the article link in post#1:

“He jumped the first victim and attacked him,” said Abbott. “The second victim turned and started to run away. The cougar saw that and went after the second victim. The first victim saw his friend being pulled by the cougar. He got on his bike and started to bike away.”
Abbott said the man rode for about 2 miles before being able to get cellphone coverage and call 911.”

“The injured man, 31, was attacked first before the cougar turned on his friend. He initially was listed in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center, but by late Saturday afternoon was upgraded to satisfactory. The names of the two men were not released Saturday.”

Runner2017
05-21-2018, 13:39
To mount one can of bear spray on your bicycle is all the precautions you ever need.

devoidapop
05-21-2018, 13:46

See what happens when you break up traditional families? This country is going to hell in a handbasket

rocketsocks
05-21-2018, 15:34
See what happens when you break up traditional families? This country is going to hell in a handbasketthis made me chuckle :D

Berserker
05-21-2018, 16:21
From the article link in post#1:

“He jumped the first victim and attacked him,” said Abbott. “The second victim turned and started to run away. The cougar saw that and went after the second victim. The first victim saw his friend being pulled by the cougar. He got on his bike and started to bike away.”
Abbott said the man rode for about 2 miles before being able to get cellphone coverage and call 911.”

“The injured man, 31, was attacked first before the cougar turned on his friend. He initially was listed in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center, but by late Saturday afternoon was upgraded to satisfactory. The names of the two men were not released Saturday.”
Yeah, I read the article, so what's your point? I understand the guy that rode 2 miles was the first guy attacked and is in serious condition, but he was able to ride 2 miles to call 911. Surely if he could do that he could have tried to defend himself and save his buddy. Again, I don't know all the details because I wasn't there so perhaps circumstances were such that he couldn't help, or maybe he thought he could get a cell signal sooner and didn't realize he rode 2 miles, etc.

My main point was he and his buddy were attacked, so the first priority should have been to fight the dang thing if at all possible.

Feral Bill
05-21-2018, 19:07
this made me chuckle :D Not easy to chuckle at this topic. But there it is.

gpburdelljr
05-21-2018, 19:08
Here is a quote from a National Geographic article.

“....One of them, 31-year-old Isaac Sederbaum, survived—but only after wrestling his head free from the cat’s mouth. The other cyclist, 32-year-old S.J. Brooks, wasn’t so lucky; after turning away from Sederbaum, the cat pounced on, killed, and dragged Brooks into the woods.Sederbaum, seriously injured and seeing that there was nothing he could do for his friend, rode two miles to an area with cell service and called for help.....”

TexasBob
05-21-2018, 21:30
Yeah, I read the article, so what's your point? I understand the guy that rode 2 miles was the first guy attacked and is in serious condition, but he was able to ride 2 miles to call 911. Surely if he could do that he could have tried to defend himself and save his buddy. Again, I don't know all the details because I wasn't there so perhaps circumstances were such that he couldn't help, or maybe he thought he could get a cell signal sooner and didn't realize he rode 2 miles, etc. My main point was he and his buddy were attacked, so the first priority should have been to fight the dang thing if at all possible.
"As they stood trying to catch their breath, the cougar returned, biting one of them on the head and shaking him, Capt. Alan Myers of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Police said Sunday.
The second cyclist ran, and the animal dropped the first victim and pounced on him, killing him and dragging him back to what appeared to be its den."

If a cougar bites you on the head, shakes you and only lets you go to attack your friend, do you realistically think you are going to able to stop the attack and save your friend? We all like to think we would try to do something to help our buddy but in this situation it would be a futile effort. I think the news would be reporting two dead cyclists instead of one if you tried that tactic.

Berserker
05-22-2018, 10:35
"As they stood trying to catch their breath, the cougar returned, biting one of them on the head and shaking him, Capt. Alan Myers of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Police said Sunday.
The second cyclist ran, and the animal dropped the first victim and pounced on him, killing him and dragging him back to what appeared to be its den."

If a cougar bites you on the head, shakes you and only lets you go to attack your friend, do you realistically think you are going to able to stop the attack and save your friend? We all like to think we would try to do something to help our buddy but in this situation it would be a futile effort. I think the news would be reporting two dead cyclists instead of one if you tried that tactic.
To be perfectly honest, I don't know what I'd do in that situation. So I get your point. I guess my gut feeling is that if an animal is attacking me I'd probably fight back just because running seems like a good way to get chased down and expose my backside. Plus seeing my buddy getting attacked would put me into a rage...that's just how I'm wired.

At any rate, I don't know the circumstances, and my comments were purely based on the documented evidence that it appears no fight was attempted. 2 people against a 100 lb animal seems like an advantage, but then what the heck do I know...I've never seen, much less fought a cougar.

Oh yeah, and I want to go ahead and go on record that I mean no disrespect to the deceased and the survivor. As I stated in my first post in this thread, this is why I usually keep my yapper shut on these topics. What gets documented and what actually happened are probably not consistent with one another.

grubbster
05-22-2018, 10:52
I have had a 10 lb house cat tear me a new one so I cannot imaging trying to fight a motivated one 10 times the size.

kickerofelves
05-22-2018, 10:57
I guess my gut feeling is that if an animal is attacking me I'd probably fight back just because running seems like a good way to get chased down and expose my backside. Plus seeing my buddy getting attacked would put me into a rage...that's just how I'm wired.

A legend in your own mind.

Southeast
05-22-2018, 11:00
People on the internet:
I would assess the situation while simultaneously grabbing a weapon based on my knowledge of the animals profile of weaknesses. After calculating the appropriate trajectory, I would strike with just the right amount of force to cause the cougar to re-evaluate attacking humans. While finishing up my spinning attack, I would donate to the cougar fund on my phone.

Reality:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMFG

On a serious note, my heart goes out to the family.

Sarcasm the elf
05-22-2018, 11:22
I have had a 10 lb house cat tear me a new one so I cannot imaging trying to fight a motivated one 10 times the size.
I’m with you, having given a 20lb cat a bath on more than one occasion I have no delusions about what would happen if I found myself on the business end of a large wildcat.

People on the internet:
I would assess the situation while simultaneously grabbing a weapon based on my knowledge of the animals profile of weaknesses. After calculating the appropriate trajectory, I would strike with just the right amount of force to cause the cougar to re-evaluate attacking humans. While finishing up my spinning attack, I would donate to the cougar fund on my phone.

Reality:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMFG

On a serious note, my heart goes out to the family.

Bingo...

TexasBob
05-22-2018, 12:25
To be perfectly honest, I don't know what I'd do in that situation. So I get your point. I guess my gut feeling is that if an animal is attacking me I'd probably fight back just because running seems like a good way to get chased down and expose my backside. Plus seeing my buddy getting attacked would put me into a rage...that's just how I'm wired.

At any rate, I don't know the circumstances, and my comments were purely based on the documented evidence that it appears no fight was attempted. 2 people against a 100 lb animal seems like an advantage, but then what the heck do I know...I've never seen, much less fought a cougar.

Oh yeah, and I want to go ahead and go on record that I mean no disrespect to the deceased and the survivor. As I stated in my first post in this thread, this is why I usually keep my yapper shut on these topics. What gets documented and what actually happened are probably not consistent with one another.

I don't think any of us know what we would do and I am not trying to bust your chops. I was just thinking about a 100 lb cat sinking those sharp claws into to me and then biting me on the head and giving me a good shake before spitting me out. I have been attacked by a big dog who wasn't trying to kill me and there wasn't much I could about it so it is hard to imagine how I could stop a cougar who was trying to kill me.

Berserker
05-22-2018, 12:51
I don't think any of us know what we would do and I am not trying to bust your chops. I was just thinking about a 100 lb cat sinking those sharp claws into to me and then biting me on the head and giving me a good shake before spitting me out. I have been attacked by a big dog who wasn't trying to kill me and there wasn't much I could about it so it is hard to imagine how I could stop a cougar who was trying to kill me.
No offense taken, you just called me out on some comments that could have been misconstrued. It's kinda funny because just this morning my 40lb dog got a little excited and ran "through" me planting a paw (with rounded nails, not sharp ones) on top of my bare foot as she made a 90 degree cut sideways. This left several cuts in my foot. It puts things into perspective as to how fast an animal can move, and how slowly one may react.

rockyiss
05-22-2018, 13:54
First put a house cat on a screen when you bath them and the claws will hang on the screen not you ! Second , I was in a sports store the other day and saw they had small little personal cans of pepper spray , just think if those guys would have had some the outcome probably would have been different. Two scared bikers alive and one cat with smarting eyes and a new healthy respect for humans ! I just don't understand why people can't be bothered to carry it . I have never had a flat tire but have always had a spare in my car just in case. One time I ran into a big cat on the back of the mountain and I thank God I was in my rino riding doing trail cleanup and not on foot. That scared me more than any bear I have seen in the woods !! I pray this young man and the family's can find some peace.

chrisj1567
05-22-2018, 17:01
I ride quite a bit and I live in florida where there is little chance of an encounter with anything except a boar. I carry bear spray on my hydration pack def dont notice the weight and will probably never use but its there. Lets assume i dont have the spray, if i was riding with a buddy and i was attacked and then it went after my freind I dont know how I would react but I hope to god I wouldnt leave. Not to say he was wrong I wasnt there but two against a 100 pound cougar it would lose no exception and Im 52. Im with you berserker... you fight

devoidapop
05-22-2018, 18:55
2 surprised humans against a hungry, wild animal, that's not going to end well no matter how tough you are. Could you and a buddy fight off a 100lb Olympic boxer? Nope. Add claws and teeth, you're just hoping the cat mistook you for a deer and leaves you wounded.

rocketsocks
05-22-2018, 19:57
2 surprised humans against a hungry, wild animal, that's not going to end well no matter how tough you are. Could you and a buddy fight off a 100lb Olympic boxer? Nope. Add claws and teeth, you're just hoping the cat mistook you for a deer and leaves you wounded.exactly!........

gpburdelljr
05-22-2018, 20:29
2 surprised humans against a hungry, wild animal, that's not going to end well no matter how tough you are. Could you and a buddy fight off a 100lb Olympic boxer? Nope. Add claws and teeth, you're just hoping the cat mistook you for a deer and leaves you wounded.
Exactly. Any animal that Is known to prey on animals as big as a moose, or elk, can jump up to 18 feet vertically, and 20 to 40 feet horizontally, is not to be taken lightly.

JPritch
05-22-2018, 22:30
Could you and a buddy fight off a 100lb Olympic boxer? Nope.

Yes, easily, by myself. Like beating up a skilled 6th grader. No sweat.:sun

RockDoc
05-24-2018, 23:42
This may have been the first death by cougar in 94 years, but there are hundreds of 'incidents' and sightings in WA State just in the last year. See the map.

http://wdfw.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=76e2e8d32ebe4f2d8f68ddd88c88e4c e

ghostman74
05-25-2018, 08:53
There are lots of cougars in Washington.

I’m more scared of the Cougars at Washington St. U. Have you seen those animals? #gohuskies

In all seriousness, in my mind’s eye everything points back to ancient principles about being one with nature. Most folks take that as hugging trees. I take it as respecting the ecosystem, understanding the behavior of animals, and not making myself a target for animals that hunt like cougars. This is not meant to judge those that were attacked. It is more of a warning for the rest of us: cougars generally stalk their prey. Being aware of that should inform how we hike. Pause every once in a while... say every 500-1000m. Be still. Be quiet. Don’t be paranoid or alarmed. Learn how to determine if there is there something stalking you.

It took me years to learn and the skills quickly fade. Guess I need to get into the woods more often.

Tundracamper
05-25-2018, 10:27
I’m more scared of the Cougars at Washington St. U. Have you seen those animals? #gohuskies

In all seriousness, in my mind’s eye everything points back to ancient principles about being one with nature. Most folks take that as hugging trees. I take it as respecting the ecosystem, understanding the behavior of animals, and not making myself a target for animals that hunt like cougars. This is not meant to judge those that were attacked. It is more of a warning for the rest of us: cougars generally stalk their prey. Being aware of that should inform how we hike. Pause every once in a while... say every 500-1000m. Be still. Be quiet. Don’t be paranoid or alarmed. Learn how to determine if there is there something stalking you.

It took me years to learn and the skills quickly fade. Guess I need to get into the woods more often.

Uh, if you want to ensure you don’t get attacked by a cougar, then DON’T go into the woods. Everyday life is full of risks. Things happen.

Berserker
05-25-2018, 11:13
I was gonna stay off this thread going forward, but just had to say a couple more things after all of my previous comments that could have been misconstrued as being non-sympathetic to the victims. I know it’s the internet where people say dumb crap all the time and it probably doesn’t matter, but that's not how I roll and my conscience wouldn’t let this one go without me making this final statement.

It’s easy to read a story and come to a quick conclusion (thus why I quoted myself), and that’s what I did. I saw that 2 men had been attacked by a cougar and wondered why the heck they didn’t try to fight it off. My natural bias when I read something like this is to assume that if the story stated 2 male mountain bikers were attacked, then they must have been at least average sized athletically built males. I didn’t even stop to think that it could be two small men, two out-of-shape casual bikers, etc. I did some research on the victims (i.e. just by Googling around), and what I found provides some background that may help explain how this incident escalated to the point that it did.

I don’t want to publish personal details of the victims on here, so ya’ll can dig that up on your own. I simply wanted to point out my error in coming to a quick conclusion. As with anything reported in the news humans process the information by automatically applying our own inherent biases, and one must always consider all the facts before coming to a conclusion. I jumped into this thread before I had gathered all the information, and as I stated in my first post I normally just stay out of this stuff. So going forward I think I’ll likely take my own advice on these types of threads and steer clear of posting my thoughts.

Oh yeah, and I also wanted to say that I have always read that if you see a cougar it’s already too late to stop the attack, as apparently you don’t see them until their pouncing on their prey. So despite trying to sound like a “manly man” in some of my previous posts I do realize an incident like this could happen to anyone with similar results.

Runner2017
05-25-2018, 13:53
It's well documented that young animals have long-term memories of very stressful events, such as loss of mother to hunters. And they can revenge years later.

MuddyWaters
05-25-2018, 14:17
Cougars tend to attack from behind and they go for the neck for quick kill. Predators are all about sneak attacks and lowest energy expenditure. The fact that you have a big backpack and a cat cannot see your neck from behind actually may discourage them. Also protect you if face down.

gpburdelljr
05-25-2018, 15:31
It's well documented that young animals have long-term memories of very stressful events, such as loss of mother to hunters. And they can revenge years later.
Documented where?

Sarcasm the elf
05-25-2018, 15:42
Documented where?

Disney’s Bambi.

Sarcasm the elf
05-25-2018, 15:46
Because that’s totally more plausable than the obvious explanation that this was simply a case of an emaciated Cougar that was desperately looking for a meal. :rolleyes:

devoidapop
05-25-2018, 19:31
Documented where?

Disney’s Bambi.

Don't forget Jaws IV

Runner2017
05-25-2018, 22:27
Documented where?It was well documented in academic journals by the western anthropologists that went to study primitive tribes in Asia, Africa and Australia before 1980s.

cmoulder
05-25-2018, 22:42
I'd ask these guys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBpu4DAvwI8) for advice.

saltysack
05-25-2018, 23:14
I'd ask these guys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBpu4DAvwI8) for advice.

Those guys must need a wheelborrow to get around....serious balls!!!!!!!!

gpburdelljr
05-25-2018, 23:16
It was well documented in academic journals by the western anthropologists that went to study primitive tribes in Asia, Africa and Australia before 1980s.
How about some specific references.

Fredt4
05-26-2018, 16:08
As it was stated before, I wasn't there and I can't know enough about the situation to properly comment on it. But as in all incidents reported my opinion is as valid as the next person's. I believe the guy should have attacked the cougar to save his buddy. It may have been in vain but it would probably have been easier to live (or die) having done so. I can't say what I would have done as I wasn't there.