PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Guide to Hammock Camping

JohnBelly
05-21-2018, 06:40
As I was pretty new in hammock camping I had lots of problem in the Start due to lack of knowledge.
If you are newbie then I think this guide could be helpful for you.

]Beginner Guide to Hammock Camping[/COLOR][/SIZE] (https://www.outdoorfederation.com/beginner-guide-to-hammock-camping"[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF8C00)

Note for admins: I'm not sure whether I have posted in right section, Please move it to right section if possible or let me know.
Thanks

JohnBelly
05-21-2018, 06:42
Sorry Link link problem here is correct link
I'm unable to edit post thats why I'm adding it in reply
Beginner Guide to Hammock Camping (https://www.outdoorfederation.com/beginner-guide-to-hammock-camping)

BuckeyeBill
05-21-2018, 16:55
You may also want to visit this site by Derek Hansen (https://theultimatehang.com/). His book "The Ultimate Hang" is a great source of information for beginners.

Shrewd
05-22-2018, 08:29
And checking out hammockforums, great place with a ton of info

FreeGoldRush
05-22-2018, 09:48
The guide says that hammocks make backpacking trips lighter than when using a tent. I do not believe most people find that true.

My zpacks tent is something like 23 ounces. Sunday night was my first hammocking experience on the AT with Warbonnet gear. Tarp was the minifly in nylon, which weighs nearly nothing. Blackbird in the lightest material. 40 degree underquilt. 30 degree sleeping bag for topquilt. lightweight, but still heavier than tenting. I slept better and things stayed much cleaner when packing up, even after a major downpour. Less dirt after rain was a surprise benefit.

But less weight? Nah.

kroot
05-22-2018, 10:16
Good heavens, you're posting this blogspam garbage on this forum too? It wasn't enough to clog up hammockforums with this awful article that you had to bring it to other places?

Just Bill
05-22-2018, 10:59
Good heavens, you're posting this blogspam garbage on this forum too? It wasn't enough to clog up hammockforums with this awful article that you had to bring it to other places?

You mean you don't want to read another 'guide' from someone who has at least several weekends of experience?
Over here he's from Cheyenne USA instead of? Pakistan I think it was.

Google translator is getting better but not quite there it seems- "We created this beginner guide is to explains the benefits of using hammock for your camping trip and also compare both hammock and tent"

Not knowing much about the dirty side of the internet... I assume this is just a site that scams others articles. Broken english and spam posts with a site filled with advertising links and the only cleanly written thing is a legal disclaimer.
https://www.outdoorfederation.com/dmca-policy/

trailmercury
05-22-2018, 15:29
"Does Hammock suitable for winter?"
LOL

kroot
05-22-2018, 16:44
You mean you don't want to read another 'guide' from someone who has at least several weekends of experience?
Over here he's from Cheyenne USA instead of? Pakistan I think it was.

Google translator is getting better but not quite there it seems- "We created this beginner guide is to explains the benefits of using hammock for your camping trip and also compare both hammock and tent"

Not knowing much about the dirty side of the internet... I assume this is just a site that scams others articles. Broken english and spam posts with a site filled with advertising links and the only cleanly written thing is a legal disclaimer.

A search through the user's post history is just as entertaining here as it was there. Lots of "wow great tips!" and "thank for posting!" in order to build up post count that appears to be respectable at first glance.

scope
05-23-2018, 14:49

I think the same people writing this "guide" are also doing Nigerian phishing scams, or so it seems.

JohnBelly
05-24-2018, 08:22

Stop this **** buddy, as I already mentioned above that I'm quite new in camping and all that but yet you are expecting me to write a professional article? As I'm a newbie I'm not that must experienced yet I gave my personal best to write as good as I can... But the People like you always try to degrade Newbies Instead of appreciating them... Man I just shared a guide... If you don't like my article then just don't come to my post thats it...
Seems like you only registered on this forum to spread hate for me or my articles...
Come on Grow up... Buddy at least learn to appreciate someone

Just Bill
05-24-2018, 10:32
"I'm looking to buy an Hammock and looking for the most comfortable hammock.
Please Share your review Which hammock you found most comfortable?"
https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/129533-Most-Comfortable-Hammock

So you're looking for a hammock, yet you're writing guides for beginners.
You're from Pakistan and from Cheyenne USA.
You're quite new, but feel qualified to run a professional looking website with all kinds of affiliate links, dozens of 'articles' and revenue generating tricks advising others?
The cleanest and most professional thing on your site is a DCMA disclosure which tends to indicate that you plan to at best 'repost', and worst flat out steal others content.

We've had these conversations before with folks. Whiteblaze and Hammock Forums are places where people of all skill levels can exchange information with each other.
There are people here very qualified to help other folks out, and we all appreciate that these folks share that knowledge for free.

We are not big fans of people with nothing to share, who also want respect AND our money.

You are welcome here or there as a newbie if that's what you want to be. Read along, join in the discussion, ask questions. Get outside.

If you want to write a guide;
Yes it should be professionally written, by a knowledgeable person who can communicate effectively in the language they choose to write in.
Those appear to be skills you are not currently in possession of.

You might also consider that you have some personalresponsibility when you share advice if you don't know what you're doing...
At best... you waste someone's time or money.
At worst... someone reads your 'guide' and heads out to the woods and is seriously hurt or even killed.

Me personally... there are lots of VERY nice people at hammock forums who are willing to support others and take them honestly at their word.
I don't like to see that kindness abused.

scope
05-24-2018, 11:16
Apologies JohnBelly if you're legit. If you are, you need to know that we take our hobby seriously and we may be a little sensitive with regards to "how to" articles that clearly are written by someone who doesn't know the hobby. There's too many of those out there, many of which help spread false info. I'm thankful you didn't do internet research first and then propagate such misinformation. I think yours was so basic, actually, that it doesn't do much harm - doesn't do much at all one way or the other, but combined with a large number of dubious posts and threads in a short period of time, it comes off as trolling. You should sit back and respect what JustBill and others have said... and learn. Read posts, search the forum when a question pops into your mind instead of posting... and learn. No one here is trying to flame a newbie, that's not what we do here. Sometimes it gets taken that way, and most of the time its the newbie failing to learn.

cmoulder
05-24-2018, 15:23
Stop this **** buddy, as I already mentioned above that I'm quite new in camping and all that but yet you are expecting me to write a professional article? As I'm a newbie I'm not that must experienced yet I gave my personal best to write as good as I can... But the People like you always try to degrade Newbies Instead of appreciating them... Man I just shared a guide... If you don't like my article then just don't come to my post thats it...
Seems like you only registered on this forum to spread hate for me or my articles...
Come on Grow up... Buddy at least learn to appreciate someone
Your pattern here and at Hammock Forums indicates that you're interested solely in promoting your link-infested blog pabulum. People who know what they're talking about can sniff out a phony very quickly.

zelph
05-24-2018, 21:33
These videos are the best for beginners:

Hammock Hangin' How-To PART 1... Essentials For Noobs Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7NZVqpBUV0

scope
05-24-2018, 23:26
Now that's some learnin' right there... whoo buddy!!!

JohnBelly
05-25-2018, 15:32
Apologies JohnBelly if you're legit. If you are, you need to know that we take our hobby seriously and we may be a little sensitive with regards to "how to" articles that clearly are written by someone who doesn't know the hobby. There's too many of those out there, many of which help spread false info. I'm thankful you didn't do internet research first and then propagate such misinformation. I think yours was so basic, actually, that it doesn't do much harm - doesn't do much at all one way or the other, but combined with a large number of dubious posts and threads in a short period of time, it comes off as trolling. You should sit back and respect what JustBill and others have said... and learn. Read posts, search the forum when a question pops into your mind instead of posting... and learn. No one here is trying to flame a newbie, that's not what we do here. Sometimes it gets taken that way, and most of the time its the newbie failing to learn.

I'm sorry, I'm not going to share any post here from now.