PDA

View Full Version : Sun shade/umbrella for SNP to Harpers?

Crossup
05-30-2018, 13:03
Wondering how much open space there is from the SNP north to Harpers, I dont want to be caught crossing hours of open space without proper protection. I can't tolerate much sun being prone to skin cancer and having got way too much exposure as a young man. Its a no brainer to have a GG Chrome umbrella but I've spent so much money cutting my base weight that I would not mind delaying the purchase if my up coming hike will be all green tunnel. I still use sunblock and a large brimmed hat in the tunnel as I know the exposure adds up and have rain gear.
Let hear your recollection of that area, I only have a few days leeway to order in time if needed.

tagg
05-30-2018, 14:11
No worries, I don't remember there being much open space in that section. Certainly not anywhere close to the amount of sun you get a little farther north cutting across the Cumberland Valley in PA.

Slo-go'en
05-30-2018, 14:44
I got a pretty good tan hiking SOBO through there in late April, but should be mostly shaded now. The only open area other then the occasional vista would be Sky Meadow and that's only for a mile or less.

Crushed Grapes
05-30-2018, 15:13
Green tunnel right now for the most part

Crossup
05-30-2018, 16:42
Thanks guys, I'll just go with my mini 'brella and when I get rained on for 3 days I'll be well motivated to get the GG Chrome 'brella for the next outing. :D Life is good, and then I get to hike too :banana