PDA

View Full Version : Great Divide Trail (GDT)

ganj
02-08-2003, 23:14
I know this is a long shot, but is anyone here familiar with Canada's Great Divide Trail? I'm thinking of doing this trail in 2004 and have had trouble finding anyone that has hiked it. The internet doesn't provide much information other than the main site. Also not as well known so there doesn't seem to be any discussion groups or message boards on it. If anyone can help me out I would surely appreciate it.

Dirtyoldman
02-09-2003, 06:16
might try the bruce trail people since thats in their neighborhood

www.brucetrail.org or [email protected]

RagingHampster
02-09-2003, 07:56
Backpacker magazine had a nice little 3-4page article on it. Not sure what issue though. Do a search at their site.

chris
02-10-2003, 10:42
The Bruce trail and the Great Divide trail are two wildly different things. There is a single guidebook for the gdt, which you have most likely already found on the web. Y2Y websites have some general information about the area. Try Jim Stoltz's page. This is something I am looking into for the future and have come across the same lack of information.

ganj
02-10-2003, 23:06
Thanks guys, I just took a look at Walkin' Jim Stoltz page. I am a little confused as to whether he hiked the Canadian Rocky Region or the GDT itself. It looks like the place hasn't been updated in awhile.

Chris- If I come across anything new, I can pass it along to you.

chris
02-11-2003, 09:40
Stoltz followed a route from Yellowstone to Yukon border through the northern US Rockies and the Canadian rockies. I am not sure of the exact route that he took, but I would guess it was the GDT or close to it. Let me know if you find anything,

Fallingwater
02-11-2003, 10:32
The
Great Divide Trail (http://www.rmbooks.com/gdt/gdt.htm) has it's own website where you can find everything you need.

Fallingwater