PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Framed Pack (North Shore, MA)

Houndstooth
06-07-2018, 05:05
Hi! This is actually my first post (and hope I'm not violating any rules as I don't see a classified section). At the recommendation of a friend, who's an avid outdoorsman and member here, it was suggested this is a great resource. In any event I'm flying out Saturday morning with a stop in Mexico then moving further south to Peru and possibly Argentina. All told I'll be spending a couple months exploring. I'm in need of a framed pack. Apart from being of a frugal nature, I had heard it might be advantageous to go with a bit of a weathered look, if you will. Thought I'd throw this out there if there's anyone on the North Shore looking to part with something. I'm 6'1'' 195lbs. Naturally, looking for something light-weight. Nothing too intense as far as endeavors. Figure a few nights out on the trails in between hostels at most.

Thanks in advance.

Houndstooth
06-07-2018, 05:06
Bladder system might be cheeky as well.

tazmaniac
06-07-2018, 09:01
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/387896/alps-outdoorz-commander-frame-backpack-nylon-tan?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=connexity&utm_campaign=Hunting+-+Backpacks+%26+Duffel+Bags&utm_content=387896&cm_mmc=pf_ci_connexity-_-Hunting+-+Backpacks+%26+Duffel+Bags-_-ALPS+Outdoorz-_-387896

This my frame pack. It is very roomy and versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slo-go'en
06-07-2018, 09:10
When I see "frame pack" I think of old school external frame, but that could also refer to an internal frame pack too.

But since you only have one day to source this pack, good luck. Probably should have thought of this a week or two ago...

Houndstooth
06-07-2018, 16:45
When I see "frame pack" I think of old school external frame, but that could also refer to an internal frame pack too.

But since you only have one day to source this pack, good luck. Probably should have thought of this a week or two ago...

With all due respect, kindly spare me the sanctimonious tone. This is a spur of the moment opportunity. And worst case I'll simply buy a new one. <eyeroll>

Houndstooth
06-07-2018, 16:46
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/387896/alps-outdoorz-commander-frame-backpack-nylon-tan?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=connexity&utm_campaign=Hunting+-+Backpacks+%26+Duffel+Bags&utm_content=387896&cm_mmc=pf_ci_connexity-_-Hunting+-+Backpacks+%26+Duffel+Bags-_-ALPS+Outdoorz-_-387896

This my frame pack. It is very roomy and versatile.

Hi, Taz. Is this a recommendation as to what I might purchase? Or, do you have this locally available for sale? TIA

Houndstooth
06-07-2018, 16:51
EDIT: In review, I see your location now Taz. Gotcha. Sorry, been in the city all day expediting my passport.

tazmaniac
06-07-2018, 17:09
Hi, Taz. Is this a recommendation as to what I might purchase? Or, do you have this locally available for sale? TIA

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear, I can see the confusion it is a recommendation

tazmaniac
06-07-2018, 17:26
Bladder system might be cheeky as well.

Ya know a really good water filter is a must. If it were me I would probably take a Sawyer S3

Venchka
06-10-2018, 18:49
Walmart, Dick’s Sporting Goods, etc. have backpacks & filters etc.
coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.
Have fun.
Wayne