PDA

View Full Version : Denver dinner

Nokia
02-15-2006, 19:22
I've been thinking about going out to dinner in Denver on the 27th. I fly out to GA on the 28th. I know a few hikers from last year that are interested. If any 2006 folks or perspective thruhikers want to join us let me know.
Not sure where yet so some suggestions would be good. Can't make the Ruck due to work.

4whim
02-15-2006, 20:05
I'm in the Denver area. Have only done just over 100 miles of AT (last yr Shenandoah) but plan to do some more in Sept this year.

If your group is ok with section hiker let me know. how many of u are going next day?

freefall
02-15-2006, 20:44
I fly out on the 25th for ATL then Springer the next day!

Nokia
02-15-2006, 20:57
If your group is ok with section hiker let me know. how many of u are going next day?
A sectioner buddy of mine will be ther so that's cool. Just looking for trail minded folks.:) As for the next day I'll be heading out solo.

Freefall, have a great hike. Maybe we'll have dinner somewhere up the trail.

max patch
02-15-2006, 22:18
Its probably been 10 years since I've been in Denver, but every time I go I always go to that real cheesy Mexican restaurant with cliff divers, magicians, and you raise the flag on your table for dessert. That place still around?

Mags
02-16-2006, 13:26
Its probably been 10 years since I've been in Denver, but every time I go I always go to that real cheesy Mexican restaurant with cliff divers, magicians, and you raise the flag on your table for dessert. That place still around?

Oh god yeah! http://www.casabonitadenver.com/

Was even in an episode of South Park!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Bonita_%28South_Park_episode%29

I'll put in small plug for the Rockies Ruck for anyone who can attend. A low key get together in Leadville, CO next weekend.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rockies_ruck/

All are welcome to attend.

Houdini
02-16-2006, 13:26
Casa Bonita! Remember Black Bart? Been years since I've been there, but I think it's still around.

I'm game for dinner. Send me some info

Houdini

max patch
02-16-2006, 13:46
Wow, had no idea that the restaurant was famous! Thanks for the links, Mags.

Shutterbug
02-16-2006, 14:38

It has been several years since I have been there, but I sure enjoyed the Buckhorn Exchange. A second choice would be The Fort. Both are great.

Mags
02-16-2006, 14:39
Wow, had no idea that the restaurant was famous! Thanks for the links, Mags.

The creators of the show grew up in Lakewood and attended CU in Boulder so many references to actual Colorado quirks, people and events. Good stuff!

A great episode of South Park I saw was about the "hippie gathering" in South Park. A car pulls up, out pops a guy that looks like a "trustafarian" (think rich hippy, college aged). The back of the car had a CU-Boulder bumper sticker!

snowhoe
02-16-2006, 14:55
Myself, G-man and brewmasterK are going to leave for the trail on March 14th. Let me know where you guys are meeting and we will probably come too.