PDA

View Full Version : Klymit at Costco

MisterQ
06-20-2018, 13:08
Pads, bags, packs, hammocks on sale at good prices. I picked up a Static V2 pad for $34.99 yesterday. Here is the schedule for when they will be in each store-

https://www.costco.com/klymit-schedule.html

Longboysfan
06-20-2018, 13:32
Thank you - I saved the date in my outlook.
Plano TX

JC13
06-20-2018, 14:10
As per normal, they hate the South East.

Old Grouse
06-20-2018, 14:45
They're afraid of New England as well.

H I T C H
06-20-2018, 14:52
Maybe they already came to your area?

They were in Frederick MD this month and I dont see it on the list.
Looks like only future dates are listed

Time Zone
06-20-2018, 17:09
As per normal, they hate the South East.

I've seen them in the Fort Oglethorpe GA store, couple years ago maybe. First I had heard of them.

I find their designs interesting, but so far they've not worked for me. IIRC, the 23x72 Static V2 I bought measured out, inflated, to be 22.5" x 68" or 22.5" x 70", depending on whether I measured from the middle of the head end to the middle of the foot end, or along the edge. I forget which was which. I had hoped to make it work for me but I'm just a bit too tall (unless I either let my feet hang off, or got a very thick/tall pillow and kept that off the mattress). I wasn't totally convinced that the deep baffle design really allowed down bags to loft into them - the shell of the down bag likely prevents it. Still, build quality seemed very good, weight and bulk were excellent, price was incredible. For the right person it might be a terrific value.

JC13
06-21-2018, 10:18
Maybe they already came to your area?

They were in Frederick MD this month and I dont see it on the list.
Looks like only future dates are listedI think they just hate Birmingham, we are in there 1-2x a month and they seem to never have anything backpacking related including the Cascade trekking poles.

I've seen them in the Fort Oglethorpe GA store, couple years ago maybe. First I had heard of them.

I find their designs interesting, but so far they've not worked for me. IIRC, the 23x72 Static V2 I bought measured out, inflated, to be 22.5" x 68" or 22.5" x 70", depending on whether I measured from the middle of the head end to the middle of the foot end, or along the edge. I forget which was which. I had hoped to make it work for me but I'm just a bit too tall (unless I either let my feet hang off, or got a very thick/tall pillow and kept that off the mattress). I wasn't totally convinced that the deep baffle design really allowed down bags to loft into them - the shell of the down bag likely prevents it. Still, build quality seemed very good, weight and bulk were excellent, price was incredible. For the right person it might be a terrific value.I have 4 Klymit pads, started with two of the Static V's, swapped to the Klymit/Massdrop UL ones and now have two Thermarest Xlites as well. I use the UL in the summer and temps above 40*, the Xlites in everything else. I am toying with carrying the Xlite on my upcoming trip though for the 25x76 @ 4 oz weight penalty. In summer, the elbow drop with the Klymit doesn't bother me too much since they aren't very thick. The thickness causes an issue though in hard packed earth/shelter floors where I put my zseat under my hips to solve that.

All that to say, I agree. They are a good value for someone starting out who doesn't want to spend $$$ on a pad.

H I T C H
06-21-2018, 12:49
We picked up some of the V Luxe pads on Amazon for $44.50. (regularly $85)
Amazon seems to have deep discounts on this pad around the winter holidays.
Great pad when weight /size is not an issue.

ant
06-21-2018, 12:51
Costco seems to be carrying a lot of random hiking stuff, some great, some not so great, but very rarely in my area..