PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer Water Filters vs Etekcity

DownYonder
06-20-2018, 19:28
I was on the AT for 3 days with my daughter. She needs a new water filter, so she was paying attention to everyone's filter. Most of the ones we saw were Sawyer filters except for the Etekcity that I have. Somehow I got a hole in my bag, so I contacted Etekcity asking where I could purchase another one. I did NOT ask for a free replacement. I asked where I could purchase one in two separate emails. Their response: Unfortunately, we don't have individual pouches available for purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

They advertise that the filter is good for 400 gallons but IMO their small bag will not last that long.

Sawyer filters are about the same cost and their additional bags are cheap. Just something to consider when purchasing a filter.

Venchka
06-20-2018, 19:59
BeFree filter and Hydrapak soft canteens are also worth considering.
Wayne

HooKooDooKu
06-20-2018, 23:04
Sawyer filters are about the same cost and their additional bags are cheap. Just something to consider when purchasing a filter.
You can also use SmartWater bottles and Evernew Watercarry bladders (or anything else using standard screw-cap thread) with the Sawyer... the more collapsible the sides the better.

Captain Panda
06-21-2018, 10:35
Sawyer filter on a SmartWater bottle is all you need. Fill the bottle, wipe it off, and screw on the filter. Drink right through the filter. The Sawyer bags are unnecessary unless you want to carry extra H2O.

DownYonder
06-21-2018, 10:52
Thanks for the excellent info guys!! Just bought a Sawyer .

Venchka
06-21-2018, 15:23
What? Not the BeFree?
Enjoy.
Wayne