PDA

View Full Version : Speaker for "wild"

BlakeM
06-25-2018, 12:46
Guys all hello! Going on a promenade with friends and a question arose. We need a Bluetooth speaker for listening to music and movies. Prompt please any variants? On another forum the guy recommended JBL GO portable (https://www.bestadvisor.com/bluetooth-speakers/jbl-go-portable-vs-xiaomi-mi-bluetooth-speaker). I will now quote his message "I also bought it, mainly because of full moisture protection and normal cost.

Appearance, size, weight - super, most that is necessary. The viability in normal, 8 hours stand, it's enough for me, that would not worry about recharging the day. Sound is a bit of a controversial issue. It seems that the internal equalizer is twisted in the style of "disco", that is, low and high frequencies are raised, so it seems that in the middle there is a failure. If you listen at home in the room - it's a little felt, but at home I have a stationary acoustics. In nature, this nuance is not noticed, but for nature such a column is taken. There is also a background hiss, noticeably at a distance of less than 0.5 meters. Again, this is not audible in nature. I'm happy with the purchase. "And what can you say? I will be grateful, thank you!

Venchka
06-25-2018, 12:52
Please give us your location where this contraption will be used.
That way we can go somewhere else.
Wayne

Traillium
06-25-2018, 23:37
Please give us your location where this contraption will be used.
That way we can go somewhere else.
Wayne

Somewhere very far away, indeed!

WTX2WY
06-26-2018, 02:55
OP, know your audience. This is a long established forum geared toward the Appalachian Trail. Most posters here are older and more conservative/traditional/whatever when it comes to the outdoors. You will likely find zero support or recommendations for this type of request.

You will probably get a decent response if you post on one of the reddit subforums (and you will no doubt catch a lot of **** there too :D )

Try r/backpacking, r/campingandhiking, r/campinggear, or r/ultralight if you have thick skin.

I assume you are talking about a speaker to use if your group is hanging out by yourselves on a peak, bald, meadow, lake, river, campsite, etc.

If you plan on using a loud speaker actually on the trial you should beware of grizzlies, mountain lions, rattlers, and ticks. They LOVE loud speakers.

BlakeM
06-26-2018, 03:54
OP, know your audience. This is a long established forum geared toward the Appalachian Trail. Most posters here are older and more conservative/traditional/whatever when it comes to the outdoors. You will likely find zero support or recommendations for this type of request.

You will probably get a decent response if you post on one of the reddit subforums (and you will no doubt catch a lot of **** there too :D )

Try r/backpacking, r/campingandhiking, r/campinggear, or r/ultralight if you have thick skin.

I assume you are talking about a speaker to use if your group is hanging out by yourselves on a peak, bald, meadow, lake, river, campsite, etc.

If you plan on using a loud speaker actually on the trial you should beware of grizzlies, mountain lions, rattlers, and ticks. They LOVE loud speakers.

Oh yeah! I have already pulled one tick in May from my foot :( ... No, we are not going to take it into the thicket somewhere, somewhere on the outskirts ... When I go on a serious trip, I take only the most necessary things, I do not need funds for entertainment.

Regarding the location ... Now I'll call the guys and specify where they want.