PDA

View Full Version : The Rockit Liftsoff! - A new angel in the shuttle service

Rockit Mann
06-25-2018, 15:29
Hey ya'll! I'm doing the shuttles for gas thing here in the TN, NC, VA area. Here's my new site and how to reach me. Thanks, Rockit Mann

https://www.gofundme.com/the-rockit-liftsoff&rcid=r01-152995473066-58c2a77d3f2e45d2&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Rockit Mann
06-25-2018, 20:39
43015 (I forgot - this is me at Laughing Heart in Hot Springs back in 14 or 15. If you hiked out of the GSMNP between 2012 and now we prolly met.) I WILL BE IN THE VICINITY OF WAYNESBORO VA THIS WEEKEND DOING MAGIC AND RIDES YA'LL!!

Gambit McCrae
06-26-2018, 10:37
Aye rockit yea I met you at Standing Bear Farm back when Curtis was alive.

Rockit Mann
06-26-2018, 11:43
43017 Good ole Curtis was my friend till the end and under that rugged often misunderstood exterior was a good guy, a father, Marine, and a lover of animals, the wild, hikers and the trail. We miss you "Captain Butternuts"! - The Dream Team

Rockit Mann
06-27-2018, 12:58
A BIG THANK YOU TO Crazy Larry and Mike! Thanks guys and wb too.

Rockit Mann
06-29-2018, 11:28
43031 A big shout out to Miss J. Good to hear from you and thanks for your support Janet!

Offshore
06-30-2018, 14:50
So my question is where you got my email address and why the spam?

Traveler
07-01-2018, 06:49
In my view, simple etiquette would suggest email addresses connected to this site should not be used for spam level marketing.

rickb
07-01-2018, 08:43
In my view, simple etiquette would suggest email addresses connected to this site should not be used for spam level marketing.
Not sure that WB is at all responsible for these emails.

I got this one too.

Over the past year or so Ihave received a couple other rather bizarre email broadcasts from others - all related to well-known and not so well known trail personalities and levels of drama that are an order of magnitude greater than anything ever (ever) posted on Whiteblaze.

Cannot be 100% sure why my name got on someones list of AT enthusiasts (and a subgroup of them) but I think it was because I was put on the distribution list for a single well intended email from a good guy some time ago, and that his list may have been coopted somewhere along the line.

Just a theory.

colorado_rob
07-01-2018, 10:02

So my question is where you got my email address and why the spam? Yep, sending us those emails was a breach in our privacy. Not sure how you got them, but the WB admins should investigate.

Still, good for you providing rides for folks. I might suggest though you don't do so stoned or drunk. Just a thought.

SWODaddy
07-01-2018, 14:05

I got this one too.

Over the past year or so Ihave received a couple other rather bizarre email broadcasts from others - all related to well-known and not so well known trail personalities and levels of drama that are an order of magnitude greater than anything ever (ever) posted on Whiteblaze.

Cannot be 100% sure why my name got on someones list of AT enthusiasts (and a subgroup of them) but I think it was because I was put on the distribution list for a single well intended email from a good guy some time ago, and that his list may have been coopted somewhere along the line.

Just a theory.

Find the "real miss Janet" thread from last year.

Whiteblaze has some culpability here. The default privacy settings allow your email address to be public (or at least did) and there was a web page on the site that listed member names and addresses.

George
07-01-2018, 15:31
Find the "real miss Janet" thread from last year.

Whiteblaze has some culpability here. The default privacy settings allow your email address to be public (or at least did) and there was a web page on the site that listed member names and addresses.

I tried to change that setting, looks like the email is still available - at least last time it was more interesting and not looking for handouts

Traveler
07-02-2018, 07:35

I don't believe WB is responsible for people who opt to send spam level email. This is more of an etiquette issue, considering the privacy of those in a forum like this and not sending mass email when a post would be better. Unfortunately, sometimes people do not recognize or respect this social contract and use email information like a carnival barker promoting their interests to a broad audience on the midway.

Offshore
07-03-2018, 07:48
I don't believe WB is responsible for people who opt to send spam level email. This is more of an etiquette issue, considering the privacy of those in a forum like this and not sending mass email when a post would be better. Unfortunately, sometimes people do not recognize or respect this social contract and use email information like a carnival barker promoting their interests to a broad audience on the midway.

WB and its administrators most certainly are responsible. As was noted in the Miss Janet drama a while ago, WB's admins collected email addresses for purposes of site registration but mis-configured the site and allowed these addresses to be exposed and harvested. They claimed to have fixed this, but being reactive to a data breach does nothing for the data in the wild. Yet another reason that I used to be a donor.

Rockit Mann
07-04-2018, 22:05
Ooopsie! My B ya'll. I am new to the AT interwebs and so am new at this. I got an e-mail that had a list of e-mails at the top in the sent to section and thought dang that is handy plus I pretty much figured that since everyone else has a go fund me well what the hell - I will to. Sorry I hurt your feelings by sending you an e-mail. I jus press delete when that happen. NBD.

On a lighter note I want to thank STICKS, SKY, and WHISKEY for not running me and my brother over while we slept Sunday night at the park in Waynesboro Virginia in your SILVER HONDA SONATA W/BAMA TAGS as you pulled F-its wasted and crashed into the BBQ grill knocking it off its post instead. (Oh, and I almost forgot a shout out to the two homeless guys that jus got out of prison illegally squatting there to hustle hikers for handouts - enjoy the soups and stay soberish. Thanks for scaring off all the pesky lady hikers!) Great job paying it back guys - roll tide! Prolly that is a nother post tho.

Rockit Mann
07-04-2018, 22:59
Actually that is 2 questions. 1st is explained below and the 2nd self explanatory. My bad bro jus gettin' started here sorry if I went about things the wrong way.