PDA

View Full Version : I got an AT hat! Nope. FAKED OUT :(

Rockit Mann
07-08-2018, 20:56
43086 So I grabbed a version of this same cap for damn 30 bucks and see if you notice anything odd about it. That is NOT the AT logo my ole was asking me to bring home on a hat for her. But it sure looks like it - right? The only dif is they added 5 lines to theirs but the same five lines make up the iconic AT on AT swag they omit. Ironic. And if you reverse the image so the big mountain of the 2 is on the same side the rays align. Bout the whole thing does. Kinda strange. Really GD irritating! WTH?

Rockit Mann
07-08-2018, 21:03
43087 For comparison.

Miner
07-08-2018, 22:29
Sorry for your loss. You could have made one cheaper; just buy a plain trucker's cap and sew an AT patch on it. Ironically, all the baseball caps the ATC sells are all cheaper than that.

Slo-go'en
07-08-2018, 22:40
No doubt there are copywrite issues if you don't buy from the ATC.

Rockit Mann
07-09-2018, 10:18
43088 Okay, so more rant follows... Here's another example of look-alike lids from these same cats! I am too stupid to put up 2 pics but check out this Billabong rip very similar to the AT logo job. (The actual Billabong is below in next post - I think.) Thanks

Rockit Mann
07-09-2018, 10:33
43092 43089 Got it! Yeah so note the wave and what I'm told is a font. Same same no?43090 43091 Check out this blatant Patagonia Fish knock off as well. This company is out of SC. I think this is appalachiantrailsubculturalmisappropriation!

MtDoraDave
07-09-2018, 19:31
Since those are all different, they can say their designs were inspired by the others... because those ARE all different, so I don't understand the issue.
Plenty of people out there blatantly copying trademarked stuff... Ever see concert T's in front of the venue for a fraction of the official ones inside?
I bought a Game of Thrones t-shirt from HBO.com to support the company that created the show...but Google GoT t-shirts, and you'll see hundreds of unauthorized knockoffs. I may even buy the one with HFC (KFC) logo that says "think I'll have 2 chickens"

Rockit Mann
07-09-2018, 20:19
Since those are all different, they can say their designs were inspired by the others... because those ARE all different, so I don't understand the issue.
Plenty of people out there blatantly copying trademarked stuff... Ever see concert T's in front of the venue for a fraction of the official ones inside?
I bought a Game of Thrones t-shirt from HBO.com to support the company that created the show...but Google GoT t-shirts, and you'll see hundreds of unauthorized knockoffs. I may even buy the one with HFC (KFC) logo that says "think I'll have 2 chickens"

Hey Dave! I'm sorry but the picture of you where you "don't understand the issue" in one of your GOT tees is killing me right now. I thought I broke it down pretty good at the opener. I wanted a shirt with a Mickey Mouse and accidentally paid out high dollar for a Chuck E. Cheese switcheroo.

rocketsocks
07-09-2018, 20:38
Dude if I had a AT logo hat, I gladly give it to ya gratis, I really would!

rocketsocks
07-09-2018, 20:40
Somebody please give this guy a hat! :D

T.S.Kobzol
07-09-2018, 20:48
I would but I do not wear baseball caps and consequently do not own any either.

I do have an AT patch on one of my backpacks although it doesn't look like the one in OP.

Mine is 10 years old [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpburdelljr
07-09-2018, 22:32
Want to buy some beach front property in Florida?

Maineiac64
07-10-2018, 07:07
43087 For comparison.
You didnt see the iconic AT symbol and still feel duped?

MuddyWaters
07-10-2018, 07:36
43086 So I grabbed a version of this same cap for damn 30 bucks and see if you notice anything odd about it. That is NOT the AT logo my ole was asking me to bring home on a hat for her. But it sure looks like it - right? The only dif is they added 5 lines to theirs but the same five lines make up the iconic AT on AT swag they omit. Ironic. And if you reverse the image so the big mountain of the 2 is on the same side the rays align. Bout the whole thing does. Kinda strange. Really GD irritating! WTH?
Id suggest if you paid $30 for a cheap mesh backed ball cap with any kind of emblem on it, you got exactly what you deserved. A lesson. That looks like a cheap promo trucker cap priced to give away for free, with some emblem on it.

Yeah, if you buy a hat, much price goes to support ATC and thats the reason. But if you check ATC store, you can get hat for $15. So im at a loss why go anywhere else.

Rockit Mann
07-10-2018, 08:16
You didnt see the iconic AT symbol and still feel duped?

43123 No. I saw about half of it - or enough to think I was looking at a cool more subtle version and grabbed it.

Rockit Mann
07-10-2018, 08:58
Id suggest if you paid $30 for a cheap mesh backed ball cap with any kind of emblem on it, you got exactly what you deserved. A lesson. That looks like a cheap promo trucker cap priced to give away for free, with some emblem on it.

Yeah, if you buy a hat, much price goes to support ATC and thats the reason. But if you check ATC store, you can get hat for $15. So im at a loss why go anywhere else.

43124 You mean like this one? ($25) (I round up - after breaking a 10 and a 20 plus tax if I'm left with less than what a pack of smokes costs I call it 30!) Or this one...43125 ($27) Sure you can get an all cotton hat for $15, but as every hiker knows you'd prolly get killed!

MuddyWaters
07-10-2018, 15:17
43124 You mean like this one? ($25) (I round up - after breaking a 10 and a 20 plus tax if I'm left with less than what a pack of smokes costs I call it 30!) Or this one...43125 ($27) Sure you can get an all cotton hat for $15, but as every hiker knows you'd prolly get killed!

Like i said, if you buy from atc, its a given much of the price is just a donation to them. Although UL style running hats tend to run 20 to 25 bucks. That last one reminds me of a Nike .