PDA

View Full Version : Hanover to what airport?

Gambit McCrae
07-13-2018, 11:09
Having trouble finding the best airport to fly home from out of Hanover, NH.

Looks like MHT which is 127 mile drive, but they only have 6am flights out on a sunday so there isn't much variety. However they do have reasonable sat evening flights.

Trip is Friday august 31st from Nashville to Hartford. And Sunday September 16th is my last day of vacation and my target end point is Hanover. I want to use a shuttle for end pickup to have flexibility in where I actually finish the trip, just need to know if there is a "go to" airport for Hanover.

fastfoxengineering
07-13-2018, 11:58
Manchester is a clean, organised, non hectic airport if that helps.

Always a seamless experience when I fly out of there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Gambit McCrae
07-13-2018, 12:11
Well I just kinda winged it and I think it worked out well...

Nashville to Hartford, CT and getting picked up by Jesse(the Jesse that runs a hostel in CT). And will be staying at her hostel that Friday NIght. She will shuttle me to Goose Pond RD early the next morning.

Jump forward 2 weeks

I paid for a ticket on the Dartmouth Coach for $38 bucks which will take me from Hanover straight to BOS airport for a 6:20 pm nonstop flight back to Nashville

Got out for $357 round trip flight and $38 for coach ticket.

Puddlefish
07-13-2018, 12:31
Hanover to MHT is more like 80 miles, but the shuttles will cost more than the flight. Dartmouth Coach... and I glanced up and you've got it.

Gambit McCrae
07-13-2018, 12:50
Hanover to MHT is more like 80 miles, but the shuttles will cost more than the flight. Dartmouth Coach... and I glanced up and you've got it.

I chose a good plan?? lol

rickb
07-13-2018, 13:05
Lebanon Municipal Airport (LEB)is a short ride from Hanover.

If you don’t mind small planes (Cape Air) for the first leg of your trip, check this out — $160 to Nashville with one stop in Boston. Go to url at top of the snip for more options.

Slo-go'en
07-13-2018, 13:32
For some inexplicable reason, there is no public transportation in or out of the Manchester Airport. It's easier (and cheaper) for me to drive to Concord, park in their free long term parking lot and take the bus to Logan in Boston. And if you accidently leave your parking lights on, they will jumps start your car.

Funkmeister
07-13-2018, 14:02
I have used Cape Air to return home from a hiking trip. Nice enough airline. But you need to understand how they operate.

They use Cessna 402's, an 8 seat twin engine piston plane. Luggage space is snug. Snug. I watched the ground crew (which was the pilot) try to stuff my pack into the rear of the plane. No joy. The only thing that got my pack on that flight was my suggestion to remove my Z-rest pad from the pack, then open the pack, remove my sleeping bag and squish it into any space they had. Ultimately, they stuffed it into the locker just behind the left engine. It is a fun flight, if you like small airplanes.

They did not go crazy over my hiking poles or my knife. I did toss my leftover alcohol in its bottle at the airport.

And...you will make no friends climbing into this thing without a shower beforehand. Some vents in the ceiling, but no AC. Mailing travel clothes to Hanover might be a good idea.

They fly from Lebanon NH to Boston MA four times a day on that Saturday or Sunday for ~$90 one way. I didn't look up travel from BOS to BNA (Nashville)

Have a great trip.

Puddlefish
07-13-2018, 14:33
Lebanon Municipal Airport (LEB)is a short ride from Hanover.

If you don’t mind small planes (Cape Air) for the first leg of your trip, check this out — $160 to Nashville with one stop in Boston. Go to url at top of the snip for more options.

I've flown or tried flying out of Lebanon a few times on Cape Air. Twice the flight to White Plains was cancelled at the very last minute. Once with no ability to reschedule. Once, as a alternative, they put everyone on a van and drove there, better than nothing I guess. Twice they actually took off on time. Some of their flights to Florida are seasonal as well.

The Hanover/Lebanon area taxi services are hellishly inconsistent. Might be better off hitching a ride.

The price looks awesome, might be worth the risk.