PDA

View Full Version : Need shuttle July 22nd, Deep Gap NC to Springer

Tigertrails
07-15-2018, 22:32
Hi all. I just found out I have all of next week off and I want to hike the GA section of the AT. Since this is very last minute I don't have a lot of money saved up for a shuttle and everything I've found online has been over $100. That's nearly a week's pay for me! Can anyone help me find a shuttle for $50 or less? Thanks in advance!!!

soumodeler
07-16-2018, 07:19
While it is not too bad to get from Deep Gap to Springer, you have both ends on FS roads, which adds a little extra to most shuttle prices due to the extra wear and tear on their vehicles.

It is 72.6 miles from Deep Gap to Springer, little over a 2 hour drive. You have to consider that the shuttle driver has to come get you first, then drive you where you need to go, then return home/next pickup/etc. I would say a minimum of 3 hours dedicated to your shuttle, plus gas and vehicle expenses. Anything less than $120 would be a bargain. Under $50 is probably going to be impossible to find from a shuttle driver. You might find a trail angel for gas cost only, or try to hitchhike from the main highway (US64).

Best of luck on finding something.

Gambit McCrae
07-16-2018, 10:14
Your not going to get that shuttle for $50 unless it is considered volunteer work. Call Ron Brown and schedule a shuttle, he is fair and wont let you down.