PDA

View Full Version : Looking for New Jersey "TJ"

newbostonbowen
07-17-2018, 09:30
My son was on a solo Long Trail Thru-Hike on June 23 to July 6th, just prior to the Yellow Deli in Rutland he met with an "AT" Thru-Hiker from New Jersey, "TJ" is all we have, but long story short , my son (17) needed to leave the trail after spending the 4th of July on Camels Hump....he needed an emergency appendectomy. He is well and hopes to return to the Long Trail to finish the 98 miles he has left...The 100+ Miles "TJ" and my son hiked together were some of the best day's hiking my son has had, "TJ" is quite a trail angel (I know that usual doesn't refer to actual thru-hikers) but I feel he saved my son's life for sure. I'd love to find him some how, this seemed like the most obvious place. Not much to go on I know, but if you hiked with a thru-hiker from New Jersey, 29-30 yrs old , Dessert War Vet. and told the story of (Poncho and "The MOVER") often over campfires. He left the "AT" after Rutland and the yellow Deli to hike with my son and a Vermont NOBO Long Trail Hiker (Trail Name: Hot sauce) around June 30th, so any one who might have been in Southern Vermont prior to that date, might have run into him. I'd love to know contact info !

Thanks ALL...HIKE ON !

Sean

Angle
07-17-2018, 11:01
Hot Sauce has a you tube channel (Jake Hikes)maybe he can help you out. Are you sure he was a Long Trail through hiker?

Sarcasm the elf
07-17-2018, 11:15
If you have Facebook, you may want to post this in the current year’s thru hiker group as well. That will probably be the largest single audience of current thru hikers that you can easily post to.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1156390967721268

newbostonbowen
07-17-2018, 11:52
Thanks, no not that "Hot sauce", this guy was definitely doing a NOBO "LONG TRAIL" Hike. "T.J" had a time frame and seeing the 500 Mile to Katahdin he decided to "GO TO QUEBEC" with my son and hot sauce !

Gambit McCrae
07-17-2018, 11:55
You may want to check the FB group "Thru hIker Class of 2018" (https://www.facebook.com/search/str/appalachian+trail+thru-hikers+class+of+2018/keywords_groups) There are actually 2 of these groups, and people of the age 30ish are more prevalent on FB then they are WB. I feel like I am an old man stuck in a 30 year old body so WB works well for me, but I don't think there are too many active WB members younger then I.