PDA

View Full Version : Max Patch to Hot Springs

medicjenn76
07-17-2018, 10:01
Hey folks been a while since I've posted. Looking for recommendations for a shuttle from Hot Springs to Max Patch mid Aug. I need to get myself, GF and our 30ish pd Pup from Hot Springs and to Max for a short couple days hike. Thanks in advance..

T-Rx
07-17-2018, 11:23
Check with Bluff Mountain Outfitters in Hot Springs. I have used them on several occasions and have been pleased.

Gambit McCrae
07-17-2018, 11:50
I heard bluff stopped doing shuttles, and that laughing heart had picked up their shuttle biz.

Standing bear may be another option

foxinnc
07-17-2018, 14:59
I've used Bluff Mountain twice in the past couple years but heard the same thing the poster above said. You can always call and ask.

blue indian
07-17-2018, 15:06
Bluff Mountain will refer you to Laughing Heart and a few other locals.

I used Laughing Heart for a shuttle about 3 weeks ago. Its nice bc you can leave your car on their property for free

Alex Blain-Laider
07-18-2018, 21:25
I live in Hot Springs, and could do that if need be.

Stalking Tortoise
07-19-2018, 09:05
Standing Bear will only do a shuttle from Hot Springs to their location. They told me to find a Hot Springs shuttler if I was only going as far south as Max Patch.

BMO had a list of local shuttlers and hooked up my buddy when he needed to retrieve his rental car from Max Patch right before a winter storm hit.

QiWiz
07-19-2018, 13:16
Check with Bluff Mountain Outfitters in Hot Springs. I have used them on several occasions and have been pleased.

+ 1
They may be able to put you in touch with a shuttler even if they are no longer doing shuttles themselves.

medicjenn76
07-20-2018, 17:06
Thank you all, Laughing Heart has got us all hooked up and booked up.. So can't wait for this little trip..

dustmitch
07-21-2018, 00:30
My wife and I stayed at Laughing Heart in April and got shuttled down to Browns Gap. It is definitely an awesome trip and Laughing Heart was great to work with. Depending on what time you are getting shuttled out you should definitely walk down to the Smokey Mountain Diner. They have an awesome breakfast and are literally just off trail since the AT runs down the sidewalk in Hot Springs! Good luck and happy hiking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk