PDA

View Full Version : Long Underwear

RedSean
02-17-2006, 01:13
Hey guys, i am looking for a good set of long jons for the trail. I have an old set of polypro that are pretty old and ratty. Is this material still in use and where can i find it? Or can anyone suggest a good alternative.

Zero_Six
02-17-2006, 01:55
Of everything I have tested Medalist leads the pack. Better than poly, form fitting for better articulation and wicking. Real moisture transport that works, temperature regulation and funk control through silver tech. If its insulation you are looking this isnt it, but for performance baselayers for aggresive hiking its the ticket.

digger51
02-17-2006, 02:11
I just bought some polypro at REI.Good

digger51
02-17-2006, 02:13
I just bought some polypro at REI.Good price also.

stickinit2theman
02-17-2006, 09:15
I love power dry... mountain Hardear has it in their extend line, marmot, prana, rei and ll bean use it. It wicks like a champ and the stink killing silver thread works too.

timhines
02-17-2006, 09:24
yeah, check Sierra Trading Post and REI. REI is having a sale right now, not sure if they have any polypro stuff on.

You can always check performancebike.com and nashbar.com They sell polypro thermals

homebrew
02-17-2006, 10:24
Check out Duluth Trading Co. out of Belleville, WI. They have polypro tops and bottoms. The tops have an extra long tail to stay tucked in and the sleeves have thumb holes so they don't hike up on you when putting on extra layers. The web site is Duluthtrading.com, about $40 for tops/bottoms.