PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Rain

Mother Natures Son
07-24-2018, 19:50
The problem (Here in South Central PA.) is too much rain. Monday, Perry CO (Where the Doles Hotel is located.) got 6+" of Rain in 24 hours! Some of the side road leading up to the AT are closed due to flooding. For those hit hard my the massive Rain storm, how are doing with all this Rain?

Malto
07-24-2018, 20:10
I'm in Hershey and it has been band after band roll through. It has put a serious damper on my walking. A few roads in our area are shut down as was HersheyPark and ZooAmerica.

LittleTim
07-25-2018, 06:36
I'm in Hershey and it has been band after band roll through.

Just to update, woke up to the local news reporting that virtually all bridges across the Swatera Creek are closed this morning. Flood stage is at 7 feet, we're at 15+ now. Don't know the exact conditions where the AT crosses in lickdale, but it probably would be impassable, requiring a bit of road walking.

Stay safe out there.

chknfngrs
07-25-2018, 07:07
Saw the ATC posted something about this on Facebook.

Hoping hikers are smart about this and don’t get the fever to do something silly

PatmanTN
07-25-2018, 07:16
I haven't bothered to look up historical context, but I keep a little journal of my weekend hikes (which are mostly in and around East TN / Western NC) and out of 21 so far this year, only two were without rain (or snow earlier in the year). Pretty tired of wet hiking at this point.

Malto
07-26-2018, 18:40
We ended up with 15.4" of rain from Saturday noon until Wednesday evening. Ready for a drought.
or perhaps a draft.

Last Call
07-26-2018, 19:15
Please re-direct some to Mississippi....

ramdino
07-26-2018, 21:49
Is there any flooding or trail closures from Bears Deb Hostel in Va to Caledonia SP in Pa?