PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Stratton, Me

Calamine
07-28-2018, 17:55
Hello
I had to bail on my section hike in Stratton.
Can anyone tell me how to get back there? I’m in Seattle, what airport should I fly into, and what buses and shuttles to get there. Thanks!

Doc
07-28-2018, 18:06
How did you get out? Reverse the steps. You need to fly into Portland or Bangor and get a shuttle to Stratton and not easy and not cheap. $1.50 per mile is going rate.

MuddyWaters
07-28-2018, 19:45
Yup.
You got to shuttle
Stratton Motel will do it. $200+

The best way to get anywhere along maine AT, besides Baxter/Monson.....is to walk there.

If travelling from far away, Maine should really be done as a single 300 mile section gorham-katahdin, or it will cost $$$$ in multiple long expensive shuttles and transportation.

Calamine
07-31-2018, 12:18
hi! thanks for the response. that's exactly my problem! I was staying at the Stratton Inn, and got a expensive shuttle ride to a Conchord bus station, which took me to an airport that I don't remember! I'm so confused! thanks for the tips on the airports. I still need to work this out!

Calamine
07-31-2018, 12:25
thanks for writing. I'm expecting it to be pricey .Stratton was where I left off, (My knees were shot) so I wanted to pick up the trail where I left off. As I mentioned in a different post, my problem is I don't remember how I left. I got a shuttle from Stratton to a bus station, and then went to an airport of which I can't remember. I know I no being easy, I'm just tryingto fill in the blanks.
Thanks again@

perrymk
07-31-2018, 13:35
Sounds like you had a great time. As the saying goes, "if you can remember Woodstock, you weren't really there."
:)

Cheers
09-05-2018, 21:05
Don't know if this is too late in the game to answer. I live 45 mins west of Stratton. I'd say it's about 1hr 45mins drive to Augusta from there where there is a large Concord Trailways bus station which can be reached from Portland Jetport of Boston Logan pretty easily and cheaply.

As far as cost of shuttle, i'd say at least $130. I work in Augusta quite a lot so hit me up on the off chance, i'd do it for a 6 pack.

Cheers