PDA

View Full Version : Best Backpacking Shower?

DownYonder
08-03-2018, 15:34
Any opinions on the best backpacking shower?

REI - Sea to Summit is only 5.25oz and gets good reviews.

Any other good ones out there?

Slo-go'en
08-03-2018, 17:21
If you use a water bladder, that will work just fine. I've used a plastic grocery shopping bag. Fill with water, hang on a tree branch and pour over head.

Hatchet_1697
08-03-2018, 17:21
I bought this one, never used it. Prefer to jump in a lake!

https://sectionhiker.com/simple-portable-camping-shower-review/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RangerZ
08-03-2018, 17:37
Bucket shower at Boots Off Hostel. :banana

Christoph
08-03-2018, 17:55
I used my water bottle. Drilled a few holes in another lid so it served as dual purpose. Although not a "shower" so to speak, it was really good for cleaning up after the days over, just before bed. Only extra to carrry was the extra screw on cap.

DownYonder
08-03-2018, 18:01
I used my water bottle. Drilled a few holes in another lid so it served as dual purpose. Although not a "shower" so to speak, it was really good for cleaning up after the days over, just before bed. Only extra to carrry was the extra screw on cap.

A very innovative idea but this is for my wife. She loves to hike and camp but wants a shower (clean hair, etc). Looking for something that will give about 5 minutes of water.

Slo-go'en
08-03-2018, 22:22
A very innovative idea but this is for my wife. She loves to hike and camp but wants a shower (clean hair, etc). Looking for something that will give about 5 minutes of water.

You need to find one of these sun showers. Holds 2.5 gallons so enough to wet down, then soap off, then rinse off. Takes 4-5 hours of sun to get tepid water of out it. Weighs 8 oz and is a bit bulky. I found it pretty much useless.

Starchild
08-03-2018, 22:28
You need to find one of these sun showers. Holds 2.5 gallons so enough to wet down, then soap off, then rinse off. Takes 4-5 hours of sun to get tepid water of out it. Weighs 8 oz and is a bit bulky. I found it pretty much useless.

I have one somewhere and just want to comment that it can get hot, not tepid, but hot shower hot.

MuddyWaters
08-04-2018, 04:12
Used one in backyard plywood shower stall at a hostel once. Did the trick. Although i felt a bit exposed to neighborhood.

Odd Man Out
08-05-2018, 00:53
I bought this one, never used it. Prefer to jump in a lake! ...

Jumping in the lake is a bath. If you want a shower, you need a waterfall. That was going to be my suggestion.

Crossup
08-05-2018, 09:02
MSI 6L Dromedary with shower attachment. I heat 1 qt. of that water boiling hot which I add back to the creek/stream water in the Dromedary so as to avoid cardiac arrest. For me the its perfect size camp water bag- with one trip I have plenty of water for the evening meal and hydration with enough to fill my bottles the next morning.

martinb
08-05-2018, 15:21
Any opinions on the best backpacking shower?

The nearest body of water and some Dr. Bronners.

BuckeyeBill
08-06-2018, 10:59
Dutch has this little light weight unit (https://dutchwaregear.com/product/simple-shower/) on his website.

QiWiz
08-06-2018, 12:53
I like the Sea To Summit bucket (10 L I think) that I can fill at a water source and then use the water to wash myself and wash out hiking clothing well away from the water source. Not a shower per se, but works just fine for me.

THEDON
08-06-2018, 20:50
Daughter got me a Gegierrig hydration bladder a few years ago. Love it and works well to shower and rinse with

Deadeye
08-10-2018, 16:56

I use the water bottle just like Christoph.

If it was my wife, I'd be happy to hold the bottle for as long as it takes!

randall_mcduberson
08-10-2018, 20:58
Baby wipes and water bottles can do wonders. I second the bottle cap with holes in it. You would be really surprised how some warm water in the bottle can work

One Half
08-10-2018, 21:06
the nearest stream, river or lake