PDA

View Full Version : Wedding officiant for trail wedding at Max Patch?

zeldaminor
08-03-2018, 17:55
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend a wedding officiant for a small ceremony at Max Patch this October (yes, this year). Doesn't need to be someone who is ordained or anything--no religion or legal stuff needed as we will already be married on paper. We're just looking to do a short ceremony for a small group of family and friends.

If you know of anyone, or if anyone on here does things like this for a reasonable rate, please let me know :) We're a couple of hiker hippies with hiker family and friends and have pictured celebrating at Max Patch for a while. We just need someone who is all right with public speaking and who is fun! I love the community here and thought y'all might be able to help me out.

Thanks!

Pastor Bryon
08-03-2018, 18:20
Well, I would love to do this for you! But I don't think you want to pay my gas for 10 hours round trip. I did, however, just meet a guy who is a pastor at a church near that area (I know you don't need that necessarily, but he does these kinds of things for a living); and I think he'd be up for something like this. If you don't get any other responses, PM me and I'll get his email to you.

zeldaminor
08-03-2018, 18:31
Thanks, Bryon! Doh! If you happen to be hiking in that day, let me know ;) Sounds good!

The Snowman
08-03-2018, 19:00
no real help to give just wishing you good luck and God Bless

zeldaminor
08-03-2018, 19:39
no real help to give just wishing you good luck and God Bless
Thank you :)

illabelle
08-03-2018, 19:47
Gatlinburg has several wedding chapels - touristy things. One of them could probably recommend somebody.
And of course, there's plenty of little churches near there. Probably could find a pastor willing to do your ceremony.
But since it's not a legal ceremony, you could have your parent/sibling/bff officiate.
Best of luck for beautiful weather. (My daughter is having an outdoor wedding Oct 19 - maybe we'll both have good weather)!

RuthN
08-04-2018, 15:35
Congrats zeldaminor!

BuckeyeBill
08-04-2018, 15:41
If you are already married and you are just having a special ceremony at Max Patch, why not just recruit a hiker on the trail that day. Granted they may not be ordained, but if I was in the area I would gladly do it for nothing. I would recommend having the words you want to be read prepared ahead of time. If you want it to look kind of official, you can go to a Halloween store (It will be close enough to Halloween to have a store open near you) and buy a large priest shirt and collar. Hope this may help you and congrats.

zeldaminor
08-05-2018, 08:17
Gatlinburg has several wedding chapels - touristy things. One of them could probably recommend somebody.
And of course, there's plenty of little churches near there. Probably could find a pastor willing to do your ceremony.
But since it's not a legal ceremony, you could have your parent/sibling/bff officiate.
Best of luck for beautiful weather. (My daughter is having an outdoor wedding Oct 19 - maybe we'll both have good weather)!

Thank you! There is no one really we can ask in our group, although maybe in a pinch... Good luck to you too, and congratulations to your daughter! :D

zeldaminor
08-05-2018, 08:18
Congrats zeldaminor!

Thank you!

zeldaminor
08-05-2018, 08:19
If you are already married and you are just having a special ceremony at Max Patch, why not just recruit a hiker on the trail that day. Granted they may not be ordained, but if I was in the area I would gladly do it for nothing. I would recommend having the words you want to be read prepared ahead of time. If you want it to look kind of official, you can go to a Halloween store (It will be close enough to Halloween to have a store open near you) and buy a large priest shirt and collar. Hope this may help you and congrats.

I had thought about that! There will doubtless be tons of people out there that day, I'm sure. Hey, if you are in the area, let me know :) Thanks for the idea!