PDA

View Full Version : How does one qualify to be a moderator?

Dominocus
02-18-2006, 14:08
Is there a form to submit? Resume? Miles hiked, number of trails? TY.

attroll
02-18-2006, 14:15
Is there a form to submit? Resume? Miles hiked, number of trails? TY.
What are you asking? Are you asking to be a moderator on the web site?

Dominocus
02-18-2006, 14:18
Yes. I'm offering my expertise.

attroll
02-18-2006, 14:21
Yes. I'm offering my expertise.
Send me a PM and let me know more. It is hard to tell much about a person who has only been on the site for one month and made their first post asking about being a moderator. Moderators come and go. Everyone volunteers with good intentions but never fallow through with there intentions.

Fiddler
02-18-2006, 14:33
Interesting question attroll. Perhaps if you would post the requirements and expectations here some decent candidates might be interested.

attroll
02-18-2006, 14:51
Interesting question attroll. Perhaps if you would post the requirements and expectations here some decent candidates might be interested.

Good idea. I will work on that later. I am getting ready to run out right now. I will post on that later.

Jack Tarlin
02-18-2006, 17:28
I don't know about hard and fast rules for moderators, but my own two cents is that however well-meaning the offer to moderate might be, I think one should probably have more than three weeks' experience with a website, and should be an involved and active participant, before volunteering to help administer the site.

But maybe that's just me.

attroll
02-18-2006, 17:50
I don't know about hard and fast rules for moderators, but my own two cents is that however well-meaning the offer to moderate might be, I think one should probably have more than three weeks' experience with a website, and should be an involved and active participant, before volunteering to help administer the site.

I agree 100% Jack that is why I pointed it out. We are not dying for moderators right now anyways.

Cuffs
02-18-2006, 18:13

Its not just you! I was looking for the words, and you found them before I did, thank you!

Besides, I think those that are already moderating these forums do a fine job! Unless they need (ask for) the relief...

Lugnut
02-19-2006, 10:49
How about you Jack? Being moderate is probably not a requirement for the position of moderator so apply now! :D