PDA

View Full Version : I am getting very excited!

Old Spice
02-18-2006, 20:40
Today I bought a pair of Montrail Hardrocks. Two of my coworkers who have hiked the trail highly recommended them to me. I only have a few more items to buy/make for my thru. In the meantime I am trying to do push-ups and sit-ups as well as walk and run every day. If I can start to cut back on the number of cigarettes I smoke each day and not spend to much many going out with friends I will be all set as far as prep work goes. I am so excited and ready to get out of NYC!!!

neo
02-19-2006, 10:00
Today I bought a pair of Montrail Hardrocks. Two of my coworkers who have hiked the trail highly recommended them to me. I only have a few more items to buy/make for my thru. In the meantime I am trying to do push-ups and sit-ups as well as walk and run every day. If I can start to cut back on the number of cigarettes I smoke each day and not spend to much many going out with friends I will be all set as far as prep work goes. I am so excited and ready to get out of NYC!!!

good luck on your thru,happy trails to ya:cool: neo

maxNcathy
02-20-2006, 19:08
Are you going all the way?

They say determination is the key.

Good luck no matter how far you walk.

Max

digger51
02-20-2006, 19:30
Best of wishes to you Spice. I hope you have a great walk .

Old Spice
02-20-2006, 22:00
thanks all. yeah, i am going all the way... at least that's the plan.

Bravefoot
02-20-2006, 22:01
Just got a pair myself. Tried them out a week ago on a 20-mile trail. Very satisfying in all areas 'cept waterproofing, but I knew that going in. What's your start date? I plan starting my thru hike around 3/15 from Amicalola. Maybe I'll see you on the trail.

Old Spice
02-20-2006, 22:10
i haven't tried mine yet. i am going to run in them tomorrow. i'm going to be starting the first week of april. good luck to you bravefoot.