PDA

View Full Version : Lost sock

steveb533
08-26-2018, 09:43
I lost a sock two days ago somewhere on the trail, in Virginia. I was on a hike from Linden VA to zither Rod Hollow shelter and back. It is a light gray quarter length wool sock, with neon green writing, which says “fits”. Thanks

illabelle
08-26-2018, 10:42
I have a pair of "fits" socks. They've served me well, but starting to get worn out.
There are so many lost socks, hats, gloves, and other items on the trail, not likely anyone would give a second thought to your sock. Best to buy another pair, or hike a few dozen miles and collect the missing stuff others have left behind.
Good luck

Ethesis
08-26-2018, 10:56
Maybe he will get better luck with his post on reddit.

Slo-go'en
08-26-2018, 12:57
that's what you get for hanging your socks off the back of the pack :)

What amazes me is how many shoes I find along the trail. Typically just one at a time. How do you loose a shoe?

devoidapop
08-26-2018, 13:20
I think I found it. Are you missing the left or right sock?

rmitchell
08-26-2018, 14:55
I found three pair of socks, one pair of underwear and one perfectly good Sawyer water bottle left at Cosby Shelter. The water bottle came home. The socks and underwear went in the bear proof dumpster at the campground.

If air drying socks, I recommend attaching to webbing with safety pins.

kestral
08-26-2018, 15:41
A set of large safety pins have saved me many a sock replacement. ��

OCDave
08-27-2018, 08:42
I lost a sock two days ago somewhere on the trail, in Virginia. I was on a hike from Linden VA to zither Rod Hollow shelter and back. It is a light gray quarter length wool sock, with neon green writing, which says “fits”. Thanks

How can you be so careless. When you accept ownership of a PAIR of socks, you accept them both equally. Shame on you for neglecting Lost sock in favor of Retained sock. You don't even deserve socks. So many people in this world are sockless and would love and cherish a pair of socks while you casually loose one "somewhere on the trail"?!?

How else have you "ABUSED" your socks?

You must live with what you've done.

PS If you are a Soviet troll trying to divide America by pitting those who favor left socks against those who favor right socks, it won't work. United we stand. If you are not a soviet troll, How can you be so different from me?

illabelle
08-27-2018, 09:01
^^ Love this! LOL
:D:bse

TwoSpirits
08-27-2018, 09:10
Agreed -- best post ever. Thanks for starting my week with a smile.