PDA

View Full Version : Helen Ga parking

jonywalker
08-29-2018, 19:42
I知 planning a hike from the 24th-29th of September. I値l be finishing at Unicoi gap, and crashing in a hotel on the 29th. My problem is where to park my car. Does anyone offer parking for a fee for a couple of days? I知 sure the hotel will only have it for the next guy I知 staying.
Also, if anyone knows a good shuttle driver, let me know. Thanks everyone.

cneill13
08-29-2018, 21:53
I left my car at unicoi gap for 10 days on one hike. No problem. I have never had vandalism issues in North Georgia or anywhere else for that matter.

Park there and shuttle to your starting point.

For shuttles, I always use Joyce and Sally. 706-896-9339. They can offer you a parking spot if needed in Hiawassee.

MuddyWaters
08-29-2018, 22:30
+

unicoi is moderately busy hwy
But i leave my vehicle there, no issues

Gambit McCrae
08-30-2018, 08:51
Call Ron Brown, he is top notch. Also, park at Unicio gap I parked there for 6 days no problem, GA has historically had break ins in many years past, but haven't heard of any reoccurring problems for many years, not since I have been hiking the AT.

I stayed at the quality inn in Helen and it was a good place. They have a spirits store with a great craft beer selection next door.

We ate at the Heidelberg in Helen and it was a great experience but outdated :) lol

soumodeler
08-30-2018, 08:58
Unicorn Gap is overall a safe place to park, although there have been break ins and vandalism as recently as last year.

Ron Brown and Joyce and Sally are both excellent choices for shuttle drivers.

Tennessee Viking
08-30-2018, 09:44
Check with Brown.

I believe the end of September is the start up of Helen's Oktoberfest and some fall leaf season. Going to be packed.

Gambit McCrae
08-30-2018, 10:42
Check with Brown.

I believe the end of September is the start up of Helen's Oktoberfest and some fall leaf season. Going to be packed.

Don't think its a little early for fall colors that far south TV? I would put more money on mid to late October, but you are correct about the October fest, best to get a room asap if you want one in Helen during that time

Christoph
08-30-2018, 16:19
I left my car at Unicoi for a week. Nice big parking area, lots of use. My bro left his at the falls so I can't recommend a shuttle service, but parking there felt it was very safe.