PDA

View Full Version : Three Days on the PCT June 2018

DuneElliot
09-03-2018, 09:08
I'm finally on my trip reports for hiking vs roadtripping on my blog:

This was was one of the least fun aka worst trips I have ever done in my entire hiking life

https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/three-days-on-the-pct-june-2018/

Midwest Mike
09-03-2018, 22:57
Yeah. Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. But I must say that you've got two great dogs there.

Durwood
09-04-2018, 02:09
Let it be said, I love DE's posts and wealth of knowledge.

Tried to quote the assignments but I'm new to forums and really unsophisticated. I had a laugh at how the "trail angel" became "the lady" with gps coordinates, etc.

Shows how a crummy hike can change perspective...much like a great hike can change one's world.

I don't know the full story with Dunes interactions with that person but I noticed the turn in her appraisal. Cheers.

Durwood
09-04-2018, 02:35
Apologies, read it again and realized you gained trail miles that put you into another "angel's" hands.

Thank you for the descriptive trip report. I don't believe I will hike that route, ever. Ha!

DuneElliot
09-04-2018, 09:29
Yeah. Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. But I must say that you've got two great dogs there.
The first day, the bear and deer, and the first half of the third day were the highlights but those didn't last long.
But thanks for the compliments about my dogs...they really are fabulous hiking partners.

Let it be said, I love DE's posts and wealth of knowledge.

Tried to quote the assignments but I'm new to forums and really unsophisticated. I had a laugh at how the "trail angel" became "the lady" with gps coordinates, etc.

Shows how a crummy hike can change perspective...much like a great hike can change one's world.

I don't know the full story with Dunes interactions with that person but I noticed the turn in her appraisal. Cheers.
The trail angel who helped at the beginning was still a trail angel at the end as much as she helped me...but it definitely got a little frustrating when trying to give someone directions. I'm still glad she was around to help. I write these reports at the end of each day so feelings do come out in my words because of that.

And really glad you enjoy my reports. I love doing them and it's certainly nice when I hear people enjoy reading them...plenty more to come this year...hiking season (for my writing) just got started.