PDA

View Full Version : Strating to feel like fall -finally!

Slo-go'en
09-09-2018, 08:47
Had a low of 33F this morning at the foot of Mt Adams. I bet this caught more then a few thru hikers by surprise, since it's been in the 80's and humid until yesterday. Man, it's been a hot summer, glad to see it go.

DuneElliot
09-09-2018, 10:01
Not me. I love summer, but then our backpacking and hiking season is ONLY summer and a little in to Fall. We have only around 3 months to fit in as much as we can.

colorado_rob
09-09-2018, 10:04
Yup, awesome time of year! We had some really chilly weather along a high stretch of the CO trail last week, some light snow one morning, and well below freezing one night which formed some significant ice in our platypus bottles laying in tent vestibules, must have been 25-27F or so to do that (we were camping at 12,200' or so). Can't get enough of September in Colorado!

soumodeler
09-09-2018, 10:25
I am beyond ready for summer to be over. I just moved from North Georgia to Western North Carolina and one of my goals for this week is to get the camping gear unpacked so I can get out hiking more as the temps drop. It has been too warm for me to enjoy getting out so far this summer.

I had had hoped to get out this weekend, but there might be a slight issue with a hurricane. Who knows, I may still go out!

egilbe
09-09-2018, 11:57
Nice and chilly yesterday on the summit of Jackson. Ran into the Flags of the 48 group hoisting the colors. Had to put my puffy on. Almost dug out the gloves.

Toolshed
09-09-2018, 12:57
54F in Allentown this AM. Nice respite from waking up in the low 70's.

ncwild
09-09-2018, 14:33
Also ready for cooler weather. Did a two day from Amicalola to Woody Gap a couple weeks ago. Soaking wet with sweat both days, bugs at night, also more crowded in summer.....