PDA

View Full Version : Hh Ultrlight A-sym Hammock Tarp

DLANOIE
02-19-2006, 14:20
Yeah, apparently you cant use the tarp provided for the HH UL in high wind conditions(60 mph+). Cause the plastic o-rings on my tarp completely came apart :(
Fortunatley, Ive ordered the MacCat Deluxe hammock tarp from OES. I think the advantage is the fact that you hang the tarp to the trees and not directly to the hammock.
Im a little disapointed with the strength of the HH tarp, but Im glad it happened before I started my thru hike.

Cheesewhiz
02-19-2006, 14:25
very good tarp decision, If you want to add the extra weight, I addeed tarp tensioners by JacksRBetter but I made my own. Very simple to make.

DLANOIE
02-19-2006, 19:54
Ive done alot of research and based on what my needs are, I wanted something a little bigger than the standard tarp. Brian from OES has also come out with the Deluxe tarp 15 % lighter. The weight increase is minimal when comparing ability and functionality. i have the nest under quilt from JRB.
I havent field tested it yet, but it seems I want to keep it dry.

JoeHiker
02-21-2006, 15:12
I have an OES Deluxe as well (not the new one though). I love it. Fantastic piece of quality equipment. Well worth the extra weight (and yours is lighter than mine)

DLANOIE
02-24-2006, 22:40
I just got my hammock tarp in the mail yesterday.

Its alot bigger than I thought and that is a good thing! I wanted something I could cook under, change under and store gear under during untimely weather. Unfortunatley, I cant go out and test it due to the 5* temps outside these past few weeks so Ill have to store it till the weather warms up a little. :sun

PEACE