PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze.net Tagging

Gambit McCrae
09-20-2018, 09:40
Saw this as I was walking down the streets of Cheshire, Mass 2 weeks ago. Also saw one elsewhere on the trip but cant remember where it was.

Separate topic: I found it interesting that as usual I asked many many hikers while on the trail if they were on whiteblaze, or had heard of it, and no one had. I think its funny how so many on here including myself ask questions and post things yet others who have walked the entire or majority of the trail have no clue about WB.

colorado_rob
09-20-2018, 10:47
Separate topic: I found it interesting that as usual I asked many many hikers while on the trail if they were on whiteblaze, or had heard of it, and no one had. I think its funny how so many on here including myself ask questions and post things yet others who have walked the entire or majority of the trail have no clue about WB. In all of my thousands of miles on the AT/PCT/CT/LT/JMT, only once has someone answered "yes" to my WB participation question, though I've pretty much stopped asking recently. Surprising, but apparently we are a very small minority on the trails. Or maybe most people just don't want to admit they're on WB, perhaps.

Berserker
09-20-2018, 11:11
Yeah, I've found the same thing as the two of you. Been hiking the AT for 11 years and other trails in that time, and I think I have only met 2 - 3 people that entire time that said they are on WB.

JPritch
09-20-2018, 13:54
If you were to ask how hikers how many have been to an AT related Facebook page, I'd suspect you'd get alot. I've been on other forums through the years similar to this one, even admin'd one, and Facebook basically killed them all. WB is an oddity in that it still gets lots of traffic.