PDA

View Full Version : MinnesotaSmith Update

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

ed bell
08-29-2006, 22:11
It ain't work. It's pleasure.That's the reason I love backpacking. Nice post: short, to the point and on the money again Wolf.

Lone Wolf
08-29-2006, 22:17
That's the reason I love backpacking. Nice post: short, to the point and on the money again Wolf.
Thanks Ed. It's so true. Most hikers today rush to a town, spend days on end at an overcrowded hostel, slackpacking out of it for days on end. ***n weird. Huge cliques. All the way to Maine. I understand why they cry at Katahdin. They missed SO Much.

Sly
08-29-2006, 22:47
A little bit of slackpacking ain't going to kill you or ruin your trip. Where do you draw the line is the question. Four or 5 days in and out of town, arranging shuttles with cellphones, depending on trail angels/providers much of the way.

Not to pick on LW but he's supporting the ultimate slackpack aka sub 40. As the saying goes, HYOH.

Lone Wolf
08-29-2006, 22:53
Apples and apricots, bro.:)

mweinstone
08-30-2006, 08:37
the minnisota smith update thread is now accepting applicaions for summit posts.

matthewski says; dear minnisota smith, you are done. go home.

suggestions?

Nean
08-30-2006, 08:44
I'd suggest a ride to Kent.:rolleyes:

the goat
08-30-2006, 09:17
I'd suggest a ride to Kent.:rolleyes:

LOL! you beat me to it:D

MOWGLI
08-30-2006, 09:29
the minnisota smith update thread is now accepting applicaions for summit posts.

suggestions?

Merry Christmas. What took you so long? ;)

mweinstone
08-30-2006, 16:25
i minnisota smith being of sound mind and judgement do on this day, august 29th , in the year of our lord 2006, hearby request, if i should die before finnishing the appalachian trail to be carryed by thru hikers to the summit of mount katadhin and left for the vultures, with my gear to be burned at abol bridge that evening while the constitution is read aloud by lone wolf. also i would like my dead stiff body to be propped up against the sign for a summit shot.

sherrill
08-30-2006, 16:36
most thrus don't even carry a full pack. What makes ya think they'd want to carry you?? :p

leeki pole
08-30-2006, 17:10
i minnisota smith being of sound mind and judgement do on this day, august 29th , in the year of our lord 2006, hearby request, if i should die before finnishing the appalachian trail to be carryed by thru hikers to the summit of mount katadhin and left for the vultures, with my gear to be burned at abol bridge that evening while the constitution is read aloud by lone wolf. also i would like my dead stiff body to be propped up against the sign for a summit shot.

now that's pretty funny! :)

Ender
08-30-2006, 17:11
i minnisota smith being of sound mind and judgement do on this day, august 29th , in the year of our lord 2006, ...

It's August 30th, not the 29th.

Lone Wolf
08-30-2006, 17:26
most thrus don't even carry a full pack. What makes ya think they'd want to carry you?? :p
I've carried a full pack to the top of K a few times. I'd carry him.:)

bfitz
08-30-2006, 19:33
Some towns are worth a few days. Earl was mad the trail was diverted from towns. Seeing them and meeting the people that live there is part of the trip. Damn, I've yellow blazed on a slack! I only do what seems like fun at the time. I like to be masochistic sometimes too, but I'm not making a religion out of it.

Dances with Mice
08-30-2006, 21:08
Liberty Springs Campground tonight, Lonesome Lake Hut last night.

South Kingsman was a real Smith-kicker: 6 hours to do 4 miles.

Clear weather, breath taking views all around.

The roots are slicker than the rocks - he's pulled out his leather gloves to protect his hands from stumbles and for climbing.

He met SoBo Goats Milk.

Stay tuned for his Mt. Washington webcam (http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/index.php)appearance.

Jack Tarlin
08-30-2006, 21:16
The Kingsmen sang "Louie, Louie."

The mountain in question is "South Kinsman."

And as far as his staying at Lonesome Lake Hut......geesh, since he doesn't seem to approve of anything the AMC does, then what's he doing there?

Or is he perhaps saying that the club's high-end and exclusive lodging policies
can be forgotten when it's HIMSELF that is in need of a rack for the night?

Ya know, I bet when he showed up exhaused and tired after a long day's Smithkicking, I bet the AMC's lodging houses looked pretty damned good to him.

As long as they took him in, that is.

Alligator
08-30-2006, 21:36

As long as they took him in, that is.They probably thought he was on a supply run with that pack:eek: .

the goat
08-30-2006, 22:11

i was thinking the same thing myself!

it seems that MS has the mindset of: "abolish the AMC and all the huts.....after i take advantage of them, that is.":confused:

MOWGLI
08-31-2006, 06:45

When I said recently that The Whites would "slow him to a crawl", I didn't mean that literally. ;) Those mountains are tough though.

Ender
08-31-2006, 09:08
i was thinking the same thing myself!

it seems that MS has the mindset of: "abolish the AMC and all the huts.....after i take advantage of them, that is.":confused:

To be fair, he probably never had direct experience with them before this, so give him a chance to make an informed decision based on actual experience.

Who knows, maybe this experience will change his mind on the huts system, and maybe it will strengthen his resolve against it. But at least he'll have actual personal experience now.

Sly
08-31-2006, 09:21
To be fair, he probably never had direct experience with them before this, so give him a chance to make an informed decision based on actual experience.
Well he's the one that formed a premature opinion, talked down about the AMC and suggested sweeping changes before he even hiked their section. I don't think MS is the type to apoligize about anything he says. It's apparent, he's always right...

Lone Wolf
08-31-2006, 09:30

Clear weather, breath taking views all around.

The roots are slicker than the rocks - he's pulled out his leather gloves to protect his hands from stumbles and for climbing.

He met SoBo Goats Milk.

Stay tuned for his Mt. Washington webcam (http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/index.php)appearance.
He stayed at a hut. How very hypocritical.

Ender
08-31-2006, 09:54
Well he's the one that formed a premature opinion, talked down about the AMC and suggested sweeping changes before he even hiked their section. I don't think MS is the type to apoligize about anything he says. It's apparent, he's always right...

That's what I mean... maybe this will show him the other side of the story. Not saying he didn't prematurely passed judgement, just that now at least he'll have some basis of experience to pass judgement with. I'm certainly not trying to excuse the fellow from his uninformed soapboxing.

emerald
08-31-2006, 11:29
I don't know that we should interpret his stay to mean he's seen the light and converted, but at least he can now speak from experience. I'd like to hear what he thinks once he's passed thru AMC's territory.

Anyone know where there may be internet access north of his present location? I'm wondering how much more we can expect to hear from the man himself before he completes his hike.

The Solemates
08-31-2006, 13:18
I don't know that we should interpret his stay to means he's seen the light and converted, but at least he can now speak from experience. I'd like to hear what he thinks once he's passed thru AMC's territory.

Anyone know where there may be internet access north of his present location? I'm wondering how much more we can expect to hear from the man himself before he completes his hike.

he tends to stop at every place possible, so he will find internet if its remotely close

mweinstone
08-31-2006, 14:37
stayed at a hut. after the longest day of bustin a nut.and to their supprise. he won the door prize.a mop and a pail. then sat on his tail,and scrubbed while he wailed,...who does this hutmaster think he is? king tut? so on he walked while others bawked . at his pack and his stink and his butt.im minnisota smith dammit! take your huts and cram it!

Gray Blazer
08-31-2006, 14:40
stayed at a hut. after the longest day of bustin a nut.and to their supprise. he won the door prize.a mop and a pail. then sat on his tail,and scrubbed while he wailed,...who does this hutmaster think he is? king tut? so on he walked while others bawked . at his pack and his stink and his butt.im minnisota smith dammit! take your huts and cram it!

Good stuff!!

Ender
08-31-2006, 15:00

Wow... that's actually really good. Maybe not Robert Frost quality, but I think it passes muster for the White Blaze crowd...

Lugnut
08-31-2006, 15:06
The Kingsmen sang "Louie, Louie."

The mountain in question is "South Kinsman."

And as far as his staying at Lonesome Lake Hut......geesh, since he doesn't seem to approve of anything the AMC does, then what's he doing there?

Ya know, I bet when he showed up exhaused and tired after a long day's Smithkicking, I bet the AMC's lodging houses looked pretty damned good to him.

As long as they took him in, that is.

Since you're getting so critical: you spelled exhausted wrong! :D :banana

Fiddler
08-31-2006, 15:23
It's apparent, he's always right...
Of course he's always right. He's a fart smeller.

(OOPS !!! I meant smart feller.)

(Keep on - one day at a time)

Micky
08-31-2006, 15:40
Originally Posted by mweinstone

I want some of whatever it is that he's taking.

gr8fulyankee
08-31-2006, 15:57
Originally Posted by mweinstone

I want some of whatever it is that he's taking.

I think its childrens tylenol :D

Dances with Mice
08-31-2006, 16:11
Since you're getting so critical: you spelled exhausted wrong! You should have used single quotes around 'exhausted'. No biggee - any reason to mention "Louie,Louie" is good.

Me gotta go now.

Lugnut
08-31-2006, 22:52
You should have used single quotes around 'exhausted'. No biggee - any reason to mention "Louie,Louie" is good.

Me gotta go now.

Well, you're right, but then you should have too for ' me gotta go now' which is part of the song! I hate to admit being old enough to know the words, but thanks for the reminder. :D

I think it was 'me gotta go right now'

mweinstone
08-31-2006, 22:53
these are the storys of minnisota smith,... the minnisota plainsman who wandered,...leaving behind a trail of still remembered legonds. the part of minnisota smith is played by lucas smith.white blaze and its members are proud sponsors of the minnisota smith update .

franconia joe
09-01-2006, 13:17
Met Minnesota Smith at the summit of Mt. Lafayette, around 3pm, yesterday, 8/31. He regaled us with trail stories as we took the side trail down to the AMC Greenleaf hut. He has become an arch-conservative.
Best of luck, Minnesota Smith.

Sly
09-01-2006, 13:31
He regaled us with trail stories as we took the side trail down to the AMC Greenleaf hut.
After the climb out he'll probably make it as far as Garfield Ridge. So much for not using AMC facilities!

He has become an arch-conservative.
Was he ever any other kind?

Dances with Mice
09-01-2006, 13:46
Franconia Joe is the 4th person to first meet MS then register on White Blaze.net and post their first note on this thread!

I think. I could go back and count, I guess, but people won't usually question anything that's sorta believable if you say it with firm confidence. Using bold font doesn't hurt either.

If I'm wrong somebody will make a list then write "No, you idiot! It was (3, 5, whatever) new people." And if someone does that then we'll either know or someone else will do a recount then debate the details for several pages.

So forget I mentioned it.

Just Jeff
09-01-2006, 13:50
I volunteer to not go through 1542 posts looking for newbies. I'll just welcome them all. I wonder how many are still here reading WB, though.

Dances with Mice
09-01-2006, 13:55
I wonder how many are still here reading WB, though.SteveM was a MS recruit. He now has 12 posts on 4 different threads.

max patch
09-01-2006, 14:06
Franconia Joe is the 4th person to first meet MS then register on White Blaze.net and post their first note on this thread!

Of course, the flip side is how many folks read this thread and thot *** and left never to return.

mweinstone
09-01-2006, 14:07
met minaso ,whos goin slow, dont ya know.and even though he is nobo,....some folks say no. they say hes yellow ,red or blue. but we all know hes blazin thru. when the day is said and done.and even lone wolfs had his fun. its minnisota smith we love.he hikes his own hike. fits him like a glove.some folks say he should run for president. we all know,.. hes an appalachian trail resident.there he'll stay. till the day. minnisota smith stands on big k.

Dances with Mice
09-01-2006, 14:10
Of course, the flip side is how many folks read this thread and thot *** and left never to return.I believe this thread is the reason Rocks'n'Roots left WhiteBlaze.

Excuse me...you'd think I'd learn...I just wrote about how to do this stuff:

This thread is the reason Rocks'n'Roots left Whiteblaze.

Sly
09-01-2006, 14:17
I wonder how many folks met MS and thought *** and never bothered!

Darwin again
09-01-2006, 14:19
He has become an arch-conservative.

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Dances with Mice
09-01-2006, 22:05
For the next few days the MS Update Thread News Network will have to rely on its crack team (http://www.theconnection.org/content/2003/01/30/crackhead173.jpg)of field correspondents to bring you any breaking news.

I’ll once again be attempting to save the world (http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/maps/1500s/1544agnese13.jpg)from Sports Juggling (http://www.howardfamily.ws/images/Will/will%20joggling.jpg) by organizing civil disobedience (http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/raystern/Ireland%202006/Ireland%202006%20Festival/Festival%20Parade/?action=view&current=festival-parade-13.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch9)actions with other concerned jugglers at the site of the nefarious Hurricane Hugo Juggling Festival (http://www2.davidson.edu/news/giduzhp/hugo/hugofest.html)in North Carolina. You read that right: The evil Sports Jugglers have named their juggling festival, which is being held during the hurricane season only days after portions of the state have been declared a disaster area, after an infamous Category 5 hurricane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Hugo)!

Enlightened jugglers (http://www.jordanclan.net/pics/images/Hugo200409/hugo09.jpg) are determined to stop this travesty.

Just note the similarity between the props used by the police to beat innocent protestors (http://www.troutbrook.com/cdgallery7.html)into submission at last year’s Festival and these Hugo jugglers (http://www.jordanclan.net/pics/images/Hugo200409/pvc1.mov)secretly filmed by a hidden camera. Coincidence? Yeah, right.

We might be outnumbered but we won’t stop until cows sprout wings (http://www.jordanclan.net/pics/show_pict.cfm?img=images/Hugo200409/holycow.jpg&dir=H).

Normal broadcasting will resume on Tuesday.

Just Jeff
09-02-2006, 00:54
Hey - is this just a random picture or do you know the girl on the right? She looks like a girl I went to HS with but I can't remember her name. I'm from GA and half my class went to UGA so it's not that much of a stretch...
Sports Juggling (http://www.howardfamily.ws/images/Will/will%20joggling.jpg)

Nean
09-02-2006, 00:58
I believe this thread is the reason Rocks'n'Roots left WhiteBlaze.

Excuse me...you'd think I'd learn...I just wrote about how to do this stuff:

This thread is the reason Rocks'n'Roots left Whiteblaze.

I thought MS WAS Rocks'n'Roots!!:eek: :o :D :rolleyes:

Topcat
09-02-2006, 07:15
Is MS doing work for stay at the Huts?

mweinstone
09-02-2006, 07:24
how is minnisota smith dealing with the greatness of his hike?its too great. hes getting an ego. and we are responsible.

Dances with Mice
09-02-2006, 08:21
Hey - is this just a random picture or do you know the girl on the right? Heather's not from GA.

StarLyte
09-02-2006, 08:52
Minnesota---are you going to summit and make it in time for the Gathering?

Mr. Clean
09-02-2006, 09:48
must be a record?
I've skipped a lot of pages here so iffn this has been said, don't shoot me, but the AMC isn't in control of the White Mtn National Forest. That would be the Forest service under the direction of the Dept. of Agriculture. So, while they have been given a long term lease for operation of the high mtn huts, they are only following the rules laid out by the Forest Service: no camping above treeline, no camping within 200 feet of the trail or a water source, and no camping in forest protection areas, to name the basics. The $8 shelters I'm not sure on, but I believe the are running them for the USFS. I maintain a USFS/AMC trail for the AMC, and while I find myself disagreeing with them more with each passing year, I don't like the misinformation that is transmitted each year about them.
So, don't stay at the high mtn huts or $8 shelters. Drop below treeline and make camp (200 feet from the trail, of course). It is an experience, though, just like all the others on the trail, and one that everyone should experience once, anyways.
And as Jack said, the Whites see an incredible amount of use. These rules of the USFS are in place to protect the beauty that is there, and save that beauty for, hopefully, generations to come.
That's my rant for the month.

Sly
09-02-2006, 10:01
Minnesota---are you going to summit and make it in time for the Gathering?

Let's see...

Six months already on the trail divided by 1500 miles hiked equals 8.3 miles per day. 370 miles left to Katahdin as his MPDA equals 45 days

A little bit of math says... he'll summit the last day of the Gathering or the day they close the park to overnight camping.

Sly
09-02-2006, 10:08
Now... throw in the 280 miles he'll have left after summiting the Big K, an additional 35 days, he'll total time on the trail will be 8.8 months!

Now that's something to be envious of!

Sly
09-02-2006, 10:12
OK some slight corrections. MS started around mid Feburary, add .5 months and lower the ADM's.

He could be on the trail over 9 - 9.5 months!

Now I'm even more envious!

StarLyte
09-02-2006, 10:16
Hey Sly.....have another friggin cup of coffee will ya !!! ha ha

We don't have to wonder what's on your mind lately now do we? :D

Go hike my friend!!! I know you will soon enough!!!

Sly
09-02-2006, 10:22
Hey Sly.....have another friggin cup of coffee will ya !!! ha ha

I'm drinking my second cup of quadruple expresso (hazelnut).

So my final calculations are... MS will not make it to the Gathering and he won't finish until Thanksgiving!

emerald
09-02-2006, 11:49
Do yo really think MinnesotaSmith's average pace to date (MPD) can be used to project his performance for the remainder of his hike with any degree of accuracy? He's moving a bit faster now than his average to date, isn't he? :-? :( ;) :rolleyes:

Sly
09-02-2006, 11:55
Do yo really think MinnesotaSmith's average pace to date (MPD) can be used to project his performance for the remainder of his hike with any degree of accuracy? He's moving a bit faster now than his average to date, isn't he? :-? :( ;) :rolleyes:

Well, my calculations aren't to be taken too seriously, but it seems like he's slowed down since PA from his high for whatever reason and he has the hardest part of the trail, atleast to Katahdin, to do. VT-CT aren't all that easy either.

You're welcome to make your own prediction....

Sly
09-02-2006, 12:02
Plus, my "predictions" call for no days off. Even 1 every two weeks adds a week.

mweinstone
09-02-2006, 12:16
whens the gathering and where?

go minnisota smith.

Sly
09-02-2006, 12:20
whens the gathering and where?

go minnisota smith.

http://www.aldha.org

emerald
09-02-2006, 12:46
You're welcome to make your own prediction....

MS still has quite a bit of ground to cover and I wouldn't want to speculate about the remainder of his hike. I'll just watch and hope it works out for him.

Jack Tarlin
09-02-2006, 13:19
First off, he's mid-way thru the Whites.

Assuming he's in Gorham in a week, this gives him at least 35 days to do Maine. (Most folks take 22-27 days to hike the state).

I'm quite sure he'll make it to Katahdin by the 15th.

People that are speculating on his failing should be reminded that there were folks betting on whether or not he'd make it out of Georgia.

Whatever else one's feelings are about Mr. Smith, he's done more hiking this year than around 98% of the peole who are posting here, myself included.

People that feel the need to slam him, or people who feel the need to post "cute" posts about when he'll quit, should turn the computer off and go hiking.

Mr. Smith, if he were to drop off the Trail tomorrow, has done far better than anyone expected, and in the process, he made asses out of the folks who were ripping on him back in February.

In short, he's been out there hiking for the past six months.

How many of his critics can say likewise?

TOW
09-02-2006, 15:05
Keep on going MS, you are an inspiration to me, I am really enjoying reading your posts, I hope to meet you soon.............

mweinstone
09-02-2006, 15:43
by saying he wont make it this far in , you've added another state to the roster of states in witch minnisota smith has been bet on to loose. on the quest to become bet against in every state you have furthered the cause.

mweinstone
09-02-2006, 15:44
80th page deserves an intro.anyone?

ed bell
09-02-2006, 16:50
Nobody will read this thread from start to finish in one sitting.:D

ed bell
09-02-2006, 16:51
How about, this thread is a chat room?

ed bell
09-02-2006, 16:54
How about, hiking is more productive than typing?

ed bell
09-02-2006, 16:57
How about, Go Minny, Go!

ed bell
09-02-2006, 16:58
How about, ..................aw screw it.

Heater
09-02-2006, 17:14
How about, ..................aw screw it.

I coulda hada V8. :rolleyes:

Kerosene
09-02-2006, 18:16
I just got an e-mail from a recent new WhiteBlaze registrant, Douglass Teschner, who wanted to thank Minnesota Smith for helping him push his car out of a ditch near Mt. Moosilaukee. Playing the good samaritan can take a lot of time, so stop giving him a hard time for how long he's taking!

Old Hillwalker
09-02-2006, 18:35
I just got home from three days, two nights spent at Guyotte Tent site while playing around the Twinway trail from North Twin to Zealand and doing a gear test while some friends finished their 48 4Ks on Bondcliff and Bond. Hoped to run across MS, but alas (I think) didn't. This morning I did see a NOBO couple of thrus (man and women) that I am curious about. The guy had a big full red bread, and looks like he must have lost well over a hundred pounds on his thru cause he had a "deflated" belly pouch that must have hung ten inches over his hip belt. Almost looked like his knees would bang on it as he walked. We were on the top of N Twin in 40 mph winds and temps at around 37 degrees so no one was hanging around chatting and they just hurried through. Not trying to make fun of the guy, just kind of remarkable seeing the effects of such drastic weight loss. They had just made the 1100 foot in .8 mile climb out of Galehead Col and were a bit chilly;)

mountain48
09-02-2006, 19:04
Minnesota at Flume information center 8/30 doing ok

Heater
09-02-2006, 19:36
Minnesota at Flume information center 8/30 doing ok

Geeeeeze... This is getting ridiculous...

Redhead
09-02-2006, 20:19
I volunteer to not go through 1542 posts looking for newbies. I'll just welcome them all. I wonder how many are still here reading WB, though.

Count me among the newbies who have entered the sphere of WB thanks to Minnesota Smith. He hunkered down overnight at our house in Harper's Ferry during a major downpour. I've enjoyed following his progress (or trying to) on this thread. I think I need a map...

the goat
09-02-2006, 20:28
Count me among the newbies who have entered the sphere of WB thanks to Minnesota Smith. He hunkered down overnight at our house in Harper's Ferry during a major downpour. I've enjoyed following his progress (or trying to) on this thread. I think I need a map...

damn, i wonder how many houses has he stayed at!! just from folks who've posted here on whiteblaze, i'd say he's got me beat!

Sly
09-02-2006, 22:51

I'm quite sure he'll make it to Katahdin by the 15th.

Yup, just as I predicted! :welcome

mweinstone
09-03-2006, 08:24
minnisota smiths every cell division being watched closely by world leaders.president bush was reached for comment and said we had alot to learn from this rare individual and that is why a defense satalite has been dedicated to following the hike.

does minnisota smith remind you of ziggy?

mweinstone
09-03-2006, 09:25
im printing out the thread. 8 pages per page equals 8 times 80 . soo far thats 640 pages. im exsperomenting with editind and shrinking and condensing but i wanna make a fun quick read 'bathroom book'.ill mail it to the trail and have it put in a privi for reading.or wiping.

MediumRare
09-03-2006, 10:26
My wife and I picked up a tired MS near Snickers Gap late one day after he'd missed a turn off. We transported him back up the ridge to the Horseshoe Curve Restaurant and only had a few minutes for conversation but, per the usual report, he was the perfect gentleman.

In any case, he told us about WB and we've been lurkers here (and all over WB) ever since. Perhaps more interestingly, we've come from being only very occasional day hikers to "every week" hikers with thoughts at least of becoming section hikers.

Cheers, David

Just Jeff
09-03-2006, 12:30
Rock on - Welcome, David. Lots of good stuff to learn here so enjoy your hikes!

Frosty
09-03-2006, 14:03
Ever since I was a young boy I hiked the white-blazed trail
From Springer to Katahdin I tried to hike it all
But I ain't seen nothing like him in summer, spring or fall
That Minnesota Smith guy, is going to hike it all.

His legs pump just like pistons, his stride is strong and sure
Passes all the blazes, keeping his hike pure
Takes in all the vistas, stays in towns along the way
That Minnesota Smith guy hikes with a mean sashay

He's a white-blaze wizard, there has to be a trick
Gets to where he's going, even if he's not so quick
How do you think he does it? I don't know
What makes him so good?

Ain't got no distractions, don't care for girls or dogs
Don't see the bar-signs flashing, northward he just slogs
Always makes his mileage, never seen him fail
That Minnesota Smith guy sure hikes a mean ol' trail

I thought Jack was the Appalachian Trail king
But Warren just handed the AT crown to him

Even on my favourite section, he can beat my best
His shuttlers drop him off and he just does the rest
He's got that crazy long sleeve shirt thing, never sweats at all
That Minnesota Smith guy will reach Katahdin in the fall.

Topcat
09-03-2006, 14:14
Ever since I was a young boy I hiked the white-blazed trail
From Springer to Katahdin I tried to hike it all
But I ain't seen nothing like him in summer, spring or fall
That Minnesota Smith guy, is going to hike it all.

His legs pump just like pistons, his stride is strong and sure
Passes all the blazes, keeping his hike pure
Takes in all the vistas, stays in towns along the way
That Minnesota Smith guy hikes with a mean sashay

He's a white-blaze wizard, there has to be a trick
Gets to where he's going, even if he's not so quick
How do you think he does it? I don't know
What makes him so good?

Ain't got no distractions, don't care for girls or dogs
Don't see the bar-signs flashing, northward he just slogs
Always makes his mileage, never seen him fail
That Minnesota Smith guy sure hikes a mean ol' trail

I thought Jack was the Appalachian Trail king
But Warren just handed the AT crown to him

Even on my favourite section, he can beat my best
His shuttlers drop him off and he just does the rest
He's got that crazy long sleeve shirt thing, never sweats at all
That Minnesota Smith guy will reach Katahdin in the fall.

Pete Townsend just called and said he would like to die now so that he can begin rolling in his grave........http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Frosty
09-03-2006, 14:51
Pete Townsend just called and said he would like to die now so that he can begin rolling in his grave........http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gifNah, he started rolling over when he heard "The Quiddich Ball Wizard" (That magically inclined kid sure plays a mean quiddich ball.)

mweinstone
09-03-2006, 15:54
hike or die.

mweinstone
09-03-2006, 16:02
i want a thru hiker whos in front of minnisota smith to hit a town and impersonate our boy then report back what it was like.hi,.. im minnisota smith. oh come on in and sit down! we've heard all about you! would you like some food? thank you mamm.dont mind if i do.

what a scam! you could yogi the rest of the way!

disclaimer;impersonation is a federal fellony and should be left to exspert professional fellons

Mr. Clean
09-03-2006, 16:04
Frosty, thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time, still chuckling.

I gotta say, Smith is having a great hike on his way north. He's about to hit my neck of the woods, and if I can get out there, I'll send him on his way with some trail magic. Gotta do trail work tommorrow, though.

mweinstone
09-03-2006, 20:36
we were cut off after only a minute and im trying to reconnect but the line says, were sorry were exsperiencing trouble at this time. minnisota says hes at crawford notch. he has worked for stay his whole way so far as a lecturere. im not being funny. he said he reads poetry, makes them laugh and talkes about his hike. he says he worked for stay at liberty spring campsight,gailhead and lonesom lake. he says that south kinsmen was the roughest thing he ever saw. but he made it without fully falling. in other words he slipped alot but caught himself. more later. he sounds great and has a funny story to tell about his talks hes giving. he was very well received and i have a feeling people look forward to his talks. he is fun ya know.he will be on mt washington as soon as day after tommorow. i informed him that the observatory cam only snaps a shot each 15 min. hhe will think about doing it.he sounds happy and like hes just having a very moving exspirence. in my opinion hes having a one in a million hike with so many good people around him. this is gettin cool!

Sly
09-03-2006, 20:41
I hope he's not bumping any other thru-hikers. You're only supposed to do two WFS's

mweinstone
09-03-2006, 21:17
he said he practicly got standing ovations for his talks at gail head.as far as the amc he reports no rude folks and all the folks at the amc campsites to be wonderful and sometimes rulebending.the hut system is strange and complicated for everyone to use the mans own words.hes not carryin his stove till gorham to be lighter.tonite hes with super dave and mud flap and daisy and social and dandylion and sizzle. last two days; beer nuts compost and hitch.also lefty.theres no laundry at the amc and its 9 $ more than where hes at.he said he keeps his talks g rated and mostly non political but for the poem witch hes commited to memory.there was a group from yale a day back who sent some thru hikers looking for another place due to bad trail manners on behalf of the yale folks but minnisota smith wasnt too offended so he slept on a platform 30 feet away .later the leader came over and made it apparent he diddnt know any of the rules of trail ediquette.again , our man is commited, strong and able.i reminded him hes hiking for all of us. and sent him to do his laundry and go to bed. he yawned alot and said goodnight.

Nean
09-03-2006, 23:53
I hope he's not bumping any other thru-hikers. You're only supposed to do two WFS's
I never knew that.
It sounds like MS is having the time of his life :banana
at those terrible:mad: ,
unbearable:( -
huts,
oh my.:eek:

Enjoy MS!

Nean
09-03-2006, 23:58

I never knew that!

It sounds like MS is having the time of his life :banana

at those terrible:mad:

unbearable:(

huts

-oh my.:eek:

Enjoy MS!!

Nean
09-04-2006, 00:06
something strange is going on w/ the posting:confused: ....:eek:

MOWGLI
09-04-2006, 00:41
So nice - Matthewski said it thrice.

mweinstone
09-04-2006, 08:29
minnisota smith is being talked about on OTHER web sites. ill coppy and paste some exserps later.

mweinstone
09-04-2006, 08:29
minnisota smith is being talked about on OTHER web sites. ill coppy and paste some exserps later.

The Solemates
09-05-2006, 11:17
i left to go hiking over a long weekend and came back to 2000+ posts on WB; sadly, almost half of those were on this stupid thread.

Sly
09-05-2006, 12:15
When is MS due on Mt Washington? I think I saw a guy that looked just like him! Click on the webcam to see...

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/

Darwin again
09-05-2006, 12:58
When is MS due on Mt Washington? I think I saw a guy that looked just like him! Click on the webcam to see...

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/

A screen capture would have worked well here, since the Web cam takes a new pic every 15 minutes or so.

Dances with Mice
09-05-2006, 13:08
i left to go hiking over a long weekend and came back to 2000+ posts on WB; sadly, almost half of those were on this stupid thread.It's bad luck to disrespect The Thread.

Sly
09-05-2006, 13:10
A screen capture would have worked well here, since the Web cam takes a new pic every 15 minutes or so.

Ah right. I just learned to do that, but forgot and it's probably the easiest command on a computer!

Lone Wolf
09-05-2006, 13:11
i left to go hiking over a long weekend and came back to 2000+ posts on WB; sadly, almost half of those were on this stupid thread.
Are you not stupid for posting on this thread after knowing full well what it is all about?

Darwin again
09-05-2006, 13:49
Ah right. I just learned to do that, but forgot and it's probably the easiest command on a computer!

I learned about saving the Washington Web cam shots through cruel experience. When I got up there, I met a friend. I used his cell phone to call home and my significant other saved the picture of us together on the observation deck.

Little did i know, she saved the pic to my desktop instead of taking a screen shot/capture. When I went to open it later, the picture of myself and my friend on Mount Washington would flash on the screen for about a third of a second before the active Web link opened the browser and accessed the live Web cam. The pic she saved became an active link to the Web cam. What a pain.

I eventually found a way to open the pic and get a screen shot of it. DOH!:rolleyes:

mweinstone
09-05-2006, 15:30
long live the thread.

mweinstone
09-05-2006, 15:41
benobonecanob and yoda on the summit of katadhin watching minnisota smith climb to within inches of the top.

he falls to his death just before the summit.......yoda;"there goes our last hope" benobonecanob:"there is another" yoda:"ahhh ,...a sister does he have. hidden has she been kept." benobonecanob:"yes master yoda,twin sister." yoda:" then lost our hope is not"

Darwin again
09-05-2006, 15:48
Any word from our intrepid adventurer?
Mount Washington today?
Any word?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

The Solemates
09-05-2006, 16:39
It's bad luck to disrespect The Thread.

yea, according to many this is The Thread. I know I look at it every time I sign on. But you have to admit, it is ridiculous.

The Solemates
09-05-2006, 16:40
Are you not stupid for posting on this thread after knowing full well what it is all about?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Sly
09-05-2006, 16:45
Life is like a box of chocolates....

ed bell
09-05-2006, 16:47
minnisota smith is being talked about on OTHER web sites. ill coppy and paste some exserps later.I'll guess Y2K message boards, Peak Oil message boards, It's the End of the World as We Know it message boards, am I right?;)

MOWGLI
09-05-2006, 16:50
Life is like a box of chocolates....

.....and this thread is like a box of chocolates - with nuts. Pecans, Walnuts, Macadamia, Weinstones, Filberts, etc....

Sly
09-05-2006, 16:50
I'll guess Y2K message boards, Peak Oil message boards, It's the End of the World as We Know it message boards, am I right?;)

Also, the girls should wear dresses and hippie pot smokers can't make it to Maine message boards.

RITBlake
09-05-2006, 16:51
Is this thread about Bill Bryson?

Wolf - 23000
09-05-2006, 17:23
I still haven't seen a correction to his uneducation post earilier about my Maine Winter Trip. 300 picture don't lie.

Wolf

Sly
09-05-2006, 17:34
I still haven't seen a correction to his uneducation post earilier about my Maine Winter Trip. 300 picture don't lie.

Wolf

MS is like President Bush and Donald Rumsfelt they never admit mistakes!

mweinstone
09-05-2006, 18:36
i take responsibility for the insanity part of the thread. what the heck ill throw in taking responsibility for the stupidity even though im only 97 and 44/100ths pure stupid.also i would like to thank my producers,...columbians and mexicans everywhere. and a special shout out to the makers of corn cobbs. missura mirshum ,.. i love you wherever you are.and finnaly tonight folks idd loke to ask for a moment of silance in honor of all the wounded and dead who gave there best on the thread. wolf,......(not lone wolf but wolf with 230000000000 miles).......rest in peace.

Mother's Finest
09-05-2006, 18:54
matthewski, that was really funny.....the columbians and mexicans are all thanking you as well for helping their economy.....

What does MS think about Peak Oil?

thanks Darwin Again ( i picked up a copy of the End of Oil this weekend, and am almost finished with it) not really sure if I should be thanking you as ignorance can be bliss

peace
mf

ed bell
09-05-2006, 19:15

thanks Darwin Again ( i picked up a copy of the End of Oil this weekend, and am almost finished with it) not really sure if I should be thanking you as ignorance can be bliss

peace
mfI'm not sure if I read any posts on Whiteblaze about this. I believe he has mentioned it. I'm sure if you shot him a PM he would respond.:sun

Sly
09-05-2006, 19:20
Forget what MS thinks about Peak Oil, what's he think about greasing the AMC?

mweinstone
09-05-2006, 19:28
take your peak oil question,..come up with the answer that most shocks you,.. be sure its an answer that enrages others,,..add to the answer what you think is unprovable.... and throw in a dash of "if it were tru , this would be quite a different world." . and now you know what minnisota smith thinks about any topic.

minnisota smith trivia question: why was minnisota smith refered to as a "canoly with powdered sugar "?
answer: lost his tent stakes in a snowstorm and rolled up in his tent to awake "dusted".

Darwin again
09-05-2006, 19:31
matthewski, that was really funny.....the columbians and mexicans are all thanking you as well for helping their economy.....

peace
mf

I agree, peak oil, it's spooky stuff. I'm just hoping you and I won't have to worry toooo much about it. Ignorance is bliss. But our kids, well, I worry about them. MS is a pessimist on this subject. He's worked in ethanol refining and knows ethanol is but a mirage.

Check out Newman's History of Oil (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7374585792978336967&q=%22robert+newman%22) for more laughs. It's interesting stuff: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7374585792978336967&q=%22robert+newman%22
It's a 45 minute video. I showed it to MS when he was here and he appreciated it. :D

peace...
~Darwin

mweinstone
09-05-2006, 20:18
mothers finest knows me well and knows that ive been sleeping with survival gear at the foot of my bed waiting for the end since i was 15.i got all kinds of crap you could never ever need unless the caps melt or mad max world breaks out or plage or jesus comes. therefor i claim most pesimistic human alive. although ,..minnisota smiths main streangth in my opinion is his understanding what others refuse to belive. that the end is here. nothing left to do but die. kidding..........

Sly
09-05-2006, 20:28
If Jesus comes all you'll need is clean underwear.

Lone Wolf
09-05-2006, 20:40
A year from now it'll be, Minnesota who? Kinda like these days, Baltimore who?:cool:

Sly
09-05-2006, 20:42
Lol.........

rickb
09-05-2006, 21:04
Baltimore Jack has been in the news for years, Wolf.

Sly
09-05-2006, 21:09

So has Tennessee Jack, I wonder if they're related?

weary
09-05-2006, 21:14
If Jesus comes all you'll need is clean underwear.
If Jesus comes, we'll quickly find an excuse to kill him again. Almost nothing that Christians believe -- at least those Christians currently in power -- have anything to do with the message that Jesus taught.

Weary

Lone Wolf
09-05-2006, 21:14
Direct me to a reputable source.

rickb
09-05-2006, 21:20
There are plenty.

Among those that will no doubt find thier way into the BJ wing of the AT Musuem is this fine piece of journalism:

http://www.dartlog.net/archives/2002_03_24_index.php

Lone Wolf
09-05-2006, 21:25
There are plenty.

Among those that will no doubt find thier way into the BJ wing of the AT Musuem is this fine piece of journalism:

http://www.dartlog.net/archives/2002_03_24_index.php
Wow. Famous on the Dartmouth campus. What a ****ty place.:rolleyes:

Darwin again
09-05-2006, 21:27
If Jesus comes, we'll quickly find an excuse to kill him again. Almost nothing that Christians believe -- at least those Christians currently in power -- have anything to do with the message that Jesus taught.

Weary

LOL. So true...

Jesus isn't going to save us from our savage selves. And if he reappeared, this administration would take him to Gitmo and torture him to reveal the locations of deep oil reserves. It's what they do. It's what we've come to.

Did anybody get a MS location report today? Mount Washington? Lakes of the Clouds? Huh? Huh?

Lone Wolf
09-05-2006, 21:29
MS IS Jesus. He knows where the oil is.

Sly
09-05-2006, 21:32
MS IS Jesus. He knows where the oil is.

Not sure about Jesus and oil, but he does have a nose for trail magic.

mweinstone
09-05-2006, 21:43
directve four
in the event minnisota smith should fail to thru.
A:delete thread
B:a worldwide ban on posts concerning minnisota smith. aka;young skywalker.
C:no thru hiker shall ever use the prefix: minnisota nor the suffix: smith

there will be a 30 day grace period in witch mocking may take place.

ed bell
09-05-2006, 22:13
Anybody know when peak fire will be/ was reached?:D

saimyoji
09-05-2006, 22:46
Anybody know when peak fire will be/ was reached?:D

Do you mean "peak oil?"

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

http://www.peakoil.com/

http://www.peakoil.net/

http://www.google.com/search?q=peak+oil&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

ed bell
09-05-2006, 23:40
:Dgenerally means:DI am joking about "Peak Fire"

Darwin again
09-06-2006, 00:03
What about Peak Thread? Has anybody even thought about THAT?

After this thread peaks, will society descend into kaos, er, chaos?
Will social order break down and leave us all hunting mice with kitchen knives (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12700&c=530) and/or keeping bees?
When WILL the thread peak?
Or has it already?
And what does it mean FOR ALL OF US?
Is everyone preparing for the time when there is no more MS thread?
IS THE MINNESOTA SMITH THREAD THE PINNACLE OF ALL CIVILIZED THREADS as we know them?
Has MS considered the implications of an ever-dwindling supply of hiking miles to be commented upon?
Does he realize that if he allows the trail to change him, he will endanger the very controversy that fuels this thread?

Has anyone done the calculations and spreadsheets for thread posts versus miles remaining for MS to hike? This could be the END....

THE END of the thread IS NIGH, stinking threaders.

ed bell
09-06-2006, 00:06
IS THE MINNESOTA SMITH THREAD THE PINNACLE OF ALL CIVILIZED THREADS as we know them?
No. Does anyone care to comment on peak steam???:rolleyes:

Dances with Mice
09-06-2006, 06:36
Does anyone care to comment on peak steam???
Most frightening is Peak TP, which is the end of the roll as we whirled it.

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 07:06
when in the course of human history ,it becomes nessisary, to evoke certian unalianable rights, shared by all men to further the survival of the species,certian men who are leaders must take a stand on conservative ground. if for no other reason than to show that time has tested that ground and at least it provides sustanance.in doing so these men die. not only due to the ground being frozen ,forgotten and far away. but because these grounds are forsaken and forbidden. minnisota smith is just such a man. may we run and fetch him back into the fold berore our collective end. amen.
wow. um,... guys?,....if that made sence then i must be getting less dumb. or your collective smarts are not colorfast. or there is more than coffie in this cup.minnisota smith is a beginning, the trail is a beggining the thread is even a beginning for some. there are no ends. just an unending ring of gods love. hike on sweet brother.and you too minnisota smith.

Ender
09-06-2006, 09:34
wow. um,... guys?,....if that made sence then i must be getting less dumb.

Not to worry... it didn't make any sense at all... :p

STEVEM
09-06-2006, 13:43
Minnesota Smith called today at 1:10 from the Mt Washingtion observatory. He may not try for webcam, weather is bad and he needs to hike at least another five hours today. He continues to deliver his stand-up routine at the huts. He reports that all of the AMC people he has met have been very nice. He DID NOT moon the Cog Railway, says it was somewhat off the trail and that the conductors have been throwing coal at hikers. He expects to report in live from Gorham in a few days.

Sly
09-06-2006, 16:32
Minnesota Smith called today at 1:10 from the Mt Washingtion observatory......

He DID NOT moon the Cog Railway, says it was somewhat off the trail and that the conductors have been throwing coal at hikers.

That's odd, (if you choose) you moon the Cog after the summit and don't have to leave the trail at all.

MOWGLI
09-06-2006, 16:47
That's odd, (if you choose) you moon the Cog after the summit and don't have to leave the trail at all.

I think by "it was somewhat off the trail ", Steve was referring to MS' arse. Musta been blue blazing!

Darwin again
09-06-2006, 17:01
It's true.
The AT crosses the cog railway after the summit and visitor's center.
Hmm....

So how could he report by phone, presumably from the pay phone in the visitor's center, that he had already had spatial congress with the cog railway if he had yet to hike past the actual cog railway tracks?

Maybe his hike is warping space-time. Or he must've meant that he didn't moon the cog train while it sat at the station beside the visitor's center and heard other hikers tell stories about coal throwing? Hmmm.

:-?

ed bell
09-06-2006, 17:10
.... and that the conductors have been throwing coal at hikers...For some reason, doesn't that make it more fun?:D

max patch
09-06-2006, 17:19

Nice catch!

Hmmmm...

The Old Fhart
09-06-2006, 17:20
STEVEM-"He DID NOT moon the Cog Railway, says it was somewhat off the trail and that the conductors have been throwing coal at hikers."

Sly-"That's odd, (if you choose) you moon the Cog after the summit and don't have to leave the trail at all."You can see the Cog for miles as you go up the Crawford Path to the summit but you don't get close to the Cog on that section of the A.T.(except at the summit station). If he called from the summit then he hasn't yet got to where the A.T. meets the Cog tracks a few tenths north of the summit. It is probably easy to get mixed up if you're not paying attention. The only way to miss the Cog tracks heading north is to go thru Tuckerman's and miss a few miles of the A. T.

Mother's Finest
09-06-2006, 17:26
minnesota smith sounds confused, and may be suffering from early stages of HACE

(before anyone gets upset, I am obviously joking.....HACE is not funny at all)

peace
mf

the goat
09-06-2006, 17:28
I think by "it was somewhat off the trail ", Steve was referring to MS' arse. Musta been blue blazing!

add that to list!!!:eek:

first yellow-blazing,

then slackpacking,

now blue-blazing!!!

man, and i thought he was a real thru-hiker.....my imagination is no longer "electrified".;)

The Old Fhart
09-06-2006, 17:43
Mother's Finest-"minnesota smith sounds confused, and may be suffering from early stages of HACE " Although he appears somewhat addled, I think he is actually suffering from "HAFE" (http://www.henryfordhealth.org/115059.cfm):D

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 17:44
calm please........factor in the wisper down the line effect with overzelous hiker and throw in a pinch of bad cell connection and you get minnisota smith landing on the moon. now before you all go off half cocked about rainbow blazers,.... remember... minnisota smith will clearafy and justify and even rectify the situation as soon as he posts from gorham.

mothers finest, you dont need to be so nice. we here love a fight. and all your peacemaking is nice but remember,...to post is to host and to host is to roast and to roast minnisota smith is fun, good, proper and the law here.
love, your friend matthewski. ps. come downtown soon and drink.bring the wifey.

saimyoji
09-06-2006, 17:44
minnesota smith sounds confused, and may be suffering from early stages of HACE

(before anyone gets upset, I am obviously joking.....HACE is not funny at all)

peace
mf

Is this what you are refering to?

http://www.basecampmd.com/expguide/hace.shtml

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 17:47
thats funny! i know what you told me in private aboute not telling anyone your a 15 year old girl but i think this needs to be told. your the funnyest teenager i ever saw.youll make a good old guy.some day far off in the distant future.

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 17:51
yes i was reffering. actually i use a pipe. i find rolling joints leaves ones fingers yellow and screaming," hey everyone,.. im a stupid bober!"

saimyoji
09-06-2006, 18:08
yes i was reffering. actually i use a pipe. i find rolling joints leaves ones fingers yellow and screaming," hey everyone,.. im a stupid bober!"

Hmmm...of all people to comment on spelling errors. :-?

I am starting to enjoy your posts, though I'm puzzled as to why you didn't respond to the guy who called you a cartoon lying run over in the road at the trailhead, or something like that.

Ed: I missed the posts earlier where peak oil was brought up, hence my confusion. I do know what the ***** eating grin emoticon means and use it often. :D

Sly
09-06-2006, 18:09
Mooning the Cog was one of the funniest times I had on the trail. Practically laughed all the way to Madison!

Mother's Finest
09-06-2006, 18:14
all right mathewski.....that was really really really funny.....reffering....I can't wait to get home to try that myself....but I prefer to use a water filtration method.....and yes, I am a stupid bober. and yes, we will all be going out together some time soon (how about this month?)

Saimyoji---you got it, that is the stuff. as nasty as it gets.

and old fhart, i thought I was looking at a page from the Onion at first. thought it was a joke......I think I suffer from that at sea level.

peace
mf

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 18:41
im still messed up thinkin of that. and for all you beginners,gas in the intestine comes out at alltitude just like at sea level. that fart desiece thinggy is just for really fat bastards. and dont be listening to every fart next time your up high , they sound and feel and happen the same. but all the same , its too fusked up to keep thinking about. the funny thing is if it were common, then every one would come down the mountain on there first time screaming," wow did you here those uncontrollable super farts caused by fartonia,? ,... a high altitude fart sickness?

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 18:45
are you farting normally? dont mean to pry but its the recent topic here on the minnisoda smith update channel.i dont think your up high enough to be farting in the way we mean. forget it. hows the wheather?

STEVEM
09-06-2006, 18:51
MS reported to me that he did not moon the cog. What he may later decide to do cannot be known by this witness and therefore cannot be entered into the official record.

I do know that the tourists in the visitor center were observed by MS to be worshipping a Golden Goat, and that MS was given two granite tablets by "The Big Man" with instruction to deliver them to the faithful believers at WB.

The dogwood staff he has so faithfully carried now has the power to part the rivers of Maine.

Now thats Trail Magic!!!

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 19:09
dear ladies and gentelmen. i posses the ability to hack. im sorry but its tru. i never have once even , used my powers for evil. only for good. as proof before i enter evidence against another into the record, i will now release information even attrol may not be aware of. this sites searver has been interupted for a second time. attrol told us the problem should be fixed but i personally belive the bad and evil hackers have slowed down our ability to post yet once again! further more , this member belives that the searver is being robbed and the damage to the speed of our site is systemic.my early exspirence with hacking was freezing and over taxing computer batterys to make them spit out those golden words that hackers everywhere love,... "PLEASE ENTER NEW SECURITY CODE." witch is sometimes in japannese,...............now, back to steaven m. this man is a good man. he met minnisota smith and reported faithfully. we owe him for this. unfourtunatly,...... he was followed to minnisota smiths lair.

stay tuned for more excititing posts from:,......".the shadow."
the " shadow" is a production of " the minnisota smith update thread" all information is privilaged and may not be sold to major league baseball or any of there affiliats.

The Old Fhart
09-06-2006, 19:16
STEVEM-"I do know that the tourists in the visitor center were observed by MS to be worshipping a Golden Goat, and that MS was given two granite tablets by "The Big Man" with instruction to deliver them to the faithful believers at WB.

The dogwood staff he has so faithfully carried now has the power to part the rivers of Maine."Granite tablets are out. The modern ultralight prophets use e-mail to save weight.:D

The ability to part the rivers of Maine don't mean squat if you can't get there. MS whould quit "dogging it", and trade in that dogwood staff for a pair of seven-league boots, which he really needs right now!;)

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 20:08
if minnisota smith needs boots ill give him my credit card number. he dosnt need boots. he needs posts that inspire. now go back to your drawing board and come up with posts that feed.

STEVEM
09-06-2006, 20:18
[quote=The Old Fhart]Granite tablets are out. The modern ultralight prophets use e-mail to save weight.:D

Have you ever seen or lifted his pack?

Granite Tablets----No Problem!
Iron Tablets----No Problem!
Lead Tablets----No Problem!

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 21:16
i lifted his pack at neels and he lifted mine. no biggi. im used to weight. being lightweight is cool but it only works in season.

Heater
09-06-2006, 21:18
if minnisota smith needs boots ill give him my credit card number. he dosnt need boots. he needs posts that inspire.

Minnisota has you fooled. He is not like luke. He is acually minnisota "sith". Yes that's right. A sith lord devoted to the dark side and he as duped you and is drawing you to evil side of the force.

Beware Minnisota Sith. :bse

mweinstone
09-06-2006, 21:59
sith. yeah i missed that one or i would have exsploited the crap out of it.minnisota sith. yeah thats smooth.

mweinstone
09-07-2006, 18:25
recent lack of posting due to minnisota smith being a regular boring thruhiker unacceptable.minnisota smith is an exciting ,vibrant, young, good hearted, puffin stuff.now post ,you. lone wolf? dances with mice? the goat? jack? common! will you watch the thread sloth off into the nether reaches of page two?! never! you will post and you will post now.!

Sly
09-07-2006, 18:55
Well, we'll probably be hearing from him soon. No doubt he'll happen to meet someone at Pinkham Notch and accept a ride to Gorham.

ed bell
09-07-2006, 19:09
recent lack of posting due to... Well, we can only keep this thread floating if there are posts to riff on. If this thread was actually about MS updates, then it would be a great deal shorter. And if MS's posts didn't invite open war due to their predictable nature, then this thread would be on life support. It is what it is.:D

Nean
09-08-2006, 00:57
Well, we'll probably be hearing from him soon. No doubt he'll happen to meet someone at Pinkham Notch and accept a ride to Gorham.

Most likely lined up during his stay at Clouds.:rolleyes:

I'm glad/hope MS is having a great time in the Whites! Enjoy MS!!:sun

ps. as long as mweinstone isn't trying on dresses...............you're safe.:eek: :D

mweinstone
09-08-2006, 07:47
ford moter company recalled nearly 14000 minnisota smith assembly line robots yesterday.meanwhile at cape canaveral, mission control and nasa officials put the launch of the new automated shuttle on hold as problems with their minnisota smith robots caused safty concerns.serbian leaders announced simultainiously a problem with their minnisota smith robotic security teams. in a letter published by mr iacocca, the reason given was lack of operater control.it seems the robots have the ability to learn mr iacocca said. they posess certian conservative veiwpoints we feel required us to take a second look at the smiths as there called due to there abillity to be smiths of most anything.we didnt forsee this mr iacocca stated.it is estimated that since 2012 the work force has been made up of about 95 % minnisota smith robots of one type or another.in related news mitsubishi anounced plans to go ahead with production of the wolf 23000,a robot specifically designed to hunt down and desrtoy the smiths if nessisary controls are lost to the point where public safty is threatened.

STEVEM
09-08-2006, 10:43
Minnesota Smith arrived at Pinkham Notch today at 10:30 AM. No further details. I'm sure he'll find a computer soon.

He arrived in Hanover on 8/19. At his current rate can his reach Mt Kathadin by 10/15?

Sly
09-08-2006, 10:58
Minnesota Smith arrived at Pinkham Notch today at 10:30 AM. No further details. I'm sure he'll find a computer soon.

He arrived in Hanover on 8/19. At his current rate can his reach Mt Kathadin by 10/15?
123 miles in 20 days with 319 to go? Not Likely. At his current rate, it'll be more like November 15th before he reaches Katahdin!

Looks like a flip is on the horizon.

The Solemates
09-08-2006, 11:44
123 miles in 20 days with 319 to go? Not Likely. At his current rate, it'll be more like November 15th before he reaches Katahdin!

he has already flopped...guess now he is gonna have to flip :)

Sly
09-08-2006, 11:51
he has already flopped...guess now he is gonna have to flip :)

It'll be a flop-flip-flop-finish some time around New Year's :banana

The Solemates
09-08-2006, 12:26

precisely!

the goat
09-08-2006, 12:39

ah yes, i see more yellow-blazing & slacking appearing on his future itinerary!:D

T-Dubs
09-08-2006, 13:10

Sounds like he's livin' the dream....have the resources and time to spend an entire year on the Trail? What's not to envy*?

Tom

*I know there's a long, long list of things. Think of that as more of a rhetorical question rather than an invitation for serious discussion. :)

Wolf - 23000
09-08-2006, 15:43
ford moter company recalled nearly 14000 minnisota smith assembly line robots yesterday.meanwhile at cape canaveral, mission control and nasa officials put the launch of the new automated shuttle on hold as problems with their minnisota smith robots caused safty concerns.serbian leaders announced simultainiously a problem with their minnisota smith robotic security teams. in a letter published by mr iacocca, the reason given was lack of operater control.it seems the robots have the ability to learn mr iacocca said. they posess certian conservative veiwpoints we feel required us to take a second look at the smiths as there called due to there abillity to be smiths of most anything.we didnt forsee this mr iacocca stated.it is estimated that since 2012 the work force has been made up of about 95 % minnisota smith robots of one type or another.in related news mitsubishi anounced plans to go ahead with production of the wolf 23000,a robot specifically designed to hunt down and desrtoy the smiths if nessisary controls are lost to the point where public safty is threatened.

mweinstone,

What are you smoking? Are you living on a different planet or just a space cadent?
I have never had anything against M.S. but I do not like it when someone puts out garbage about my hike. I’ve done my hikes. I know it and the few day hikers that saw me out there know it.

I have not follow M.S. or you up the trail. I’m not about to put someone stupid out like your not doing the trail, your skipping trail, or anything else like he did to me. And on the subject of stupid comments, were you the one who wanted to bash me because I put down you equipment?

First I don’t ask anyone what they carry; never cared what someone else uses. I worry about what I carry, not anyone else. The time I will comment on equipment is when someone asks me about their equipment.

On the trail it is plain rude to ask someone “What do you carry?”, “What do you sleep in?” etc. and very unsafe to answer. I would suspect you were one because I ran into a lot of them. An average backpacker will spend a couple hundred or thousands dollars on their equipment, they should not be broadcasting it to everyone they meet. Think about it. Hopefully even from out-space you’ll be able to figure it out.

Wolf

mweinstone
09-08-2006, 15:59
(good ol dumbass) and minnisota smith will make katadahin by the 15th and you all will be very sorry you said otherwise.and me and wolf just had a long phone conversation in witch he admitted to me he killed kenedy. he also is responsible for world hunger and hopes to fufill the bible proficys soon concerning him being the antichrist and supreem potentate. on a lighter note,.. minnisota smith will finish by oct 15th and you will all be sorry you called him slow and hard of hearing and not tall. also in the news,.. minnisota smith will finish before the 15th and your all sorry. furthermore minnisota smith will finnish the trail before the 15th or you will all be right.

Dances with Mice
09-08-2006, 18:23
mweinstone, What are you smoking? That was a rhetorical question, wasn't it?

MOWGLI
09-08-2006, 18:27
At his current rate can his reach Mt Kathadin by 10/15?

Yes! 10/15/2007. :rolleyes:

Dances with Mice
09-08-2006, 20:46
Yes! 10/15/2007. :rolleyes:Noted. I'll put down a buck on Thanksgiving Day '06. Closest without going over wins, hold your own bets, Jack reports the day he finishes in Hanover. Who's in?

MOWGLI
09-08-2006, 20:49
Noted. I'll put down a buck on Thanksgiving Day '06. Closest without going over wins, hold your own bets, Jack reports the day he finishes in Hanover. Who's in?

December 1 for $1 please Alex.

Sly
09-08-2006, 21:25
Noted. I'll put down a buck on Thanksgiving Day '06. Closest without going over wins, hold your own bets, Jack reports the day he finishes in Hanover. Who's in?

He's going to hike northbound from Kent to Hanover? Let me check weather.com, BRB.

He's in a world of ****, err I mean cold! Atleast he gave it his best try... :(

mweinstone
09-08-2006, 22:38
but before we do, it would be nice to see our boy finnish wouldnt it? now,.. heres my plan.;
start with chiding. move quickly to lambasting. go back to chiding. come around to insulting. continue straight when you get to manipulating and finish him off with a dash of threat.
i hereby raise the threat level to orange. its highest level since canned water and a bear exstinguisher were removed from him at neels. the state recomends not sheltering in place. not having stored food on hand. and throwing away extra flashlight batterys. if minnisota smith is seen sheltering in place, go to the nearest phone and dial the wb police. report any resting or slowing no matter how seemingly insignificant it may seem at the time. remember, anti terrorism starts with you.help us put an end to resters who would threaten our thruhike. this thread was founded on the principals of making it to the end of the trail and making it contraversial.

mweinstone
09-08-2006, 22:50
minnisota smith is strong. like an ox. we all know someone whos fat and strong like an ox. well that was minnisota smith then. minnisota smith now is a lean mean thruhikin machine. and i pitty the fool who doubts it.you see, as gross as fat is,.. its like weight lifting for all the other muscels. now with 60 lbs dropped, not only will our boy live longer, he can hike faster,. it is now time for him to increace his milage and hes way capable of this . due to his oxlyness.rant ends.

Dances with Mice
09-08-2006, 23:11
due to his oxlyness.rant ends.If 'oxlyness' means what I think, I'm sure he'd prefer "bullishness". I know I would and so would all oxen.

mweinstone
09-08-2006, 23:21
year of the ox. live it love it learn it! an indominable spirit unmatched streangth. watch,..... i just made that up.

Sly
09-08-2006, 23:25
year of the ox. live it love it learn it! an indominable spirit unmatched streangth. watch,..... i just made that up.

Yeah, but it's the year of the dog! :p

Sly
09-08-2006, 23:30
Year of the Ox is 2009! Is MS flop-filp-flop-yo-yo'ing?

Nean
09-09-2006, 00:31
now with 60 lbs dropped, not only will our boy live longer, he can hike faster,. it is now time for him to increace his milage and hes way capable of this .

I don't think it is important that MS won't reach his goal.:eek:
The point is he tried. Maybe he will be a better person for it.:-?
If so, he wins.:banana

It is possible -to be able to "thruhike", and still be a complete loser.:(

Sly
09-09-2006, 00:51
It is possible -to be able to "thruhike", and still be a complete loser.:(

8 Ball says, "Without a doubt!"

Nean
09-09-2006, 00:54
8 Ball says, "Without a doubt!"

I missed something.:o

Sly
09-09-2006, 01:00
You never had a fortune telling 8 ball? How do you survive? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8_Ball

Just Jeff
09-09-2006, 01:19
Seriously. I don't think I could pay my bills w/o my lucky 8 ball.

mweinstone
09-09-2006, 07:01
you no talk way for minnisota smith person. no.he make maine. he climb mountain. he go back an finnish part he skip. you not know minnisota smith person. you go dumm dumm now. i say for you. hey,.. also i say minnisota smith good person!

Heater
09-09-2006, 07:21
you no talk way for minnisota smith person. no.he make maine. he climb mountain. he go back an finnish part he skip. you not know minnisota smith person. you go dumm dumm now. i say for you. hey,.. also i say minnisota smith good person!

ungawa....

mweinstone
09-09-2006, 07:26
i matthew claude weinstone do hearby give notice that i wish not to live if minnisota smith should fail to thru. to my son max i bequeth my camping gear and all my guns and ammo, to his mom i bequeth my art and to minnisota smith i bequeth however much lasagna leftovers there are in my fridge. my only wish is to have minnisota start again next year and sprinkle my ashes in the toilet of that nice heated bathroom at amacalola visitor center. say a prayer for my soul and flush me. to the thread, my only real friends,......iloved you all. even wolf 23000. goodby world,..thanks for tolerating me.

Heater
09-09-2006, 07:30
i matthew claude weinstone do hearby give notice that i wish not to live if minnisota smith should fail to thru. to my son max i bequeth my camping gear and all my guns and ammo, to his mom i bequeth my art and to minnisota smith i bequeth however much lasagna leftovers there are in my fridge. my only wish is to have minnisota start again next year and sprinkle my ashes in the toilet of that nice heated bathroom at amacalola visitor center. say a prayer for my soul and flush me. to the thread, my only real friends,......iloved you all. even wolf 23000. goodby world,..thanks for tolerating me.

Can I have your MP3 player? Mine broke. :(

I think Bfitz should get the "bobo". :banana

StarLyte
09-09-2006, 07:36
I'd like what's left in your pill bottles.

mweinstone
09-09-2006, 07:44
when in the course of human history,... it became clear that an end was near....minnisota smith saved the day. he walked as he talked and sold tickets to his talks. then they laughed and they cryed and they bawked. but minnisota smith wasnt down. heck no he said with a frown! and off he went . to the forrest, the mountains,.... to walk around.one day when the end came they shouted what was that profits name?! and to their suprise before their very eyes,minnisota smith showed again. by talkin and walkin and sellin an tellin. they learned of the past and the way.he warned them of things no man or woman belived. till now since his tales all came true.so they made him a crown ,and brought themselves down to humility so they could belive. they did what he said and changed inside their heads. till all were like him and the same.and now the world is full of people thruhiking and biking. and oil is a thing of the past. we'd not have survived if not for the guy who who we cursed cause he was not fast.

MOWGLI
09-09-2006, 08:05
Mathewski, maybe we can get MS to clip YOUR wings when he returns from the trail. I hear that's a talent of his. ;)

STEVEM
09-09-2006, 08:30
If 'oxlyness' means what I think, I'm sure he'd prefer "bullishness". I know I would and so would all oxen.

Matthew, you must compare Minnesota Smith to a Bull, not an Ox.
An ox has no oos. A bull has big OOs. We can all see from what MS has said and done that has a really big set of oos.

Just Jeff
09-09-2006, 10:05
Eyeglasses? ~OO~

emerald
09-09-2006, 10:05
Many people can talk the walk, some of whom can only talk what they would walk, some can walk the walk and others are hard pressed to simply walk the walk. Seems to me MinnesotaSmith (now on topic) had a big enough job walking the walk, so he let Matthewski do his talking while he busied himself walking and because of it we may all yet live happily ever after. [Note: Matt, please proofread what I just wrote, would you? Get back to me with any corrections.]

And just what is my point about wandering, you may be wondering? Well, it all goes to prove that there is no such thing as an unsupported thru-hike. Go MinnesotaSmith-Matthewski! Should we add Darwin Again to the list of major contributors or isn't that WhiteBlaze member's name Darwin Again and Again and Again? Forgive me, I sometimes forget.

Now enough of this silliness. I've got some serious gardening to tend to.

emerald
09-09-2006, 10:11
Oh, one more thing. If we don't do some more talking about MinnesotaSmith's hike, he's going to reach 2000 miles before we reach 2000 posts and all we needed to do is tap on our keyboards.

Sly
09-09-2006, 10:59
Well since we didn't hear from MS himself, he must have trudged up Wildcat and did some stealth camping or perhaps made it to Carter Notch.

Nean
09-09-2006, 12:56
Well since we didn't hear from MS himself, he must have trudged up Wildcat and did some stealth camping or perhaps made it to Carter Notch.

Maybe he's at Dodge.:eek: I spent a couple of days there building bunkhouses.:) AYCE too!:banana

Mr. Clean
09-09-2006, 13:01
Looks like MS is actually gonna make it to Maine! Hope he starts to hurry, the nights are getting nipp., err, kinda cold. :eek: Go, go MS!! We need a pic of you near the "Maine, the way life should be" sign. But you better flop once you pass the Bigelows...

Nightwalker
09-09-2006, 14:30
Looks like MS is actually gonna make it to Maine! Hope he starts to hurry, the nights are getting nipp., err, kinda cold. :eek: Go, go MS!! We need a pic of you near the "Maine, the way life should be" sign. But you better flop once you pass the Bigelows...
On the night of August 17th, I unwillingly semi-slept on a rock just below treeline on Katahdin. It was in the 40s that night.

So, yes, the temps are going down quickly in the "land before time". It's also the most beautiful area that I've ever seen, so a little cold is worth it.

How about "Land of 100,000 Lakes" as the secondary motto for Maine? It'd shut up them there Minnesotians and stuff...

Topcat
09-09-2006, 16:07

Judging from the number of huts and official amc campsites he has stayed at, it doesnt sound like he has stealth camped that much; especially for someone so curious for stealth campsites before he entered the Whites due to AMC injustices to thru hikers...

When he posts again, maybe he will have some positives to say about some of the hard working folks servicing the white mountains of NH.

mweinstone
09-09-2006, 19:47
mabey when you post again youll have a girlfriend.

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 07:34
minnisota smith your late. but not undoablly late. now stop watching cartoons and hike. also,.. there will be no bears while you are sleeping. and,..beef jerky can be rehydrated and cooked as freash steaks! furthermore,..you've been a long time without creature comforts. dont underestimate how good for you it is and how long lasting the good effects.the freash rasberry multigrain pankackes with organic butter and maple syrup im eating while posting this are dedicated to you good sir,and i dont go around dedicating food on whims. no sir. we here at the blaze need to reaffirm somthing to you lucas,...your hike has made the summer tolorable. your wit has givin us good times and your charm has endowed us with certian unalienable rights to poke fun at you.we all here are starting to feel a bit sad about the thread ending and a bit bored with your slow ass pace,...but as long as you keep going ,..... we will keep watching and praying for your safty as you've pissed off the wrong folks and theres a possy a commin ta kick your arse. also,..hurry up and finnish so we can lambast the crap out of each and every negaposter who ever walked the face of white blaze. their posts will be forsaken and forgotten and their names shall curse the air no more. and there ideas will be slain in the streets and be givin to live no more. never again shall the words"one in twenty five"be uttered.

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 07:50
and proclaimed "ONE IN TWENTY FIVE!" and the thread was formed.and dances with mice seperated the darkness from the thread and the first day was made. and matthewskis commings and going before the people made laughter. but a wolf23000 was in the garden and all was not well. untill father lone wolf came to minnisota smith in a dream and said " COME TO DAMASCUS AND THERE I WILL GIVE YOU MY BLESSING" through the night minnisota smith wrestled with lone wolf and asked him, " ARE YOU FOR OR AGAINST ME LONE WOLF?" to witch father wolf resonded,"go forth and multiply your steps. cover the earth with your staff,..you have my blessing" and so he went north,... to find his destiny.............. and that is why,... all over the world,.... when minnisota smith returns to kent to walk to hanover ,....their will be rejoysing in the streets.

Topcat
09-10-2006, 09:31
mabey when you post again youll have a girlfriend.

Probably not, who would want an old fart like me. I can spell 'maybe' though, so i have that going for me....;)

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 09:44
anyone else hear the rumor minnisota smith grew an afro?

emerald
09-10-2006, 10:16
anyone else hear the rumor minnisota smith grew an afro?

I'll believe that one Matthewski when I see photographic evidence, or, on second thought, maybe I wouldn't.:rolleyes:

Seems to me he'd be better off getting himself a buzz-cut to reduce drag and weight.;)

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 13:24
K I D D I N G!..

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 14:54
minnisota is in first place for the wildcard race in the american league.

if anyone cares.

emerald
09-10-2006, 17:33
Someone needs to get to Gorham soon before this thread dies!

emerald
09-10-2006, 17:35
Anyone taking bets on whether Neo beats MS to Gorham?

TOW
09-10-2006, 17:39
Someone needs to get to Gorham soon before this thread dies!
This thread will continue ad infinitum..........

saimyoji
09-10-2006, 18:02
This thread will continue ad infinitum..........

Perhaps you mean ad nauseum? :rolleyes:

Two Speed
09-10-2006, 18:21
Anyone taking bets on whether Neo beats MS to Gorham?No way. Too close to call.

That said, I'm willing to bet they both get there before I do.

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 07:42
due to circumstances beyond his control. mainly fans halting his hike to chat with the now famouse hiker,...minnisota smith has been forced underground. his new name is not being givin online. no further information is available about the hiker formaly known as minnisota smith. according to an unnamed source,.. hes using a symbol.

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 08:35
minnisota smith just called. talked for 45 min. hell call later . hes in gorham . hikers paradise. next fifty miles rumored to be less hard.food in whites god.30 degree nights a couple times. camped twice.once fell short of carters notch in fog and camped only to wake within sight of hut easy walk one hour down but he diddnt know rthe night before he could have made it.saw two bears and one moose near laffiett muntain in new hampshire.going down madison took a while in fog. hard near vertical cliffs, lichen and bramble covered trail.all out of medicine will get more antibiotics in gorham. going to zero today for haircut, mail, walmart for 2 lbs of liver and 4 lbs of greens.also tented lous bald spot.staying/ walking,....with/ near,...super dave(hurt knee),shrek and soul eyes,..three others with super dave in his room daisy mud flap social dandilion,eye path or sizzle.amc hut pinkom notch breakfast ends at 830.and dinner is 17. he left a suggestion note how the prices could be better. he sees little or no meat in breakfasts and once ther was one peice of bacon no one would take. one hut had 20 plus guests. only 9 thruhikers were alowed in.alot of steep cliffs, wet lichen and stickers covered rock and no bushwacking .the hexacubic shelter is cool. more later. gotta go to work and remove lead and aspestose for my health.

max patch
09-11-2006, 08:36
no further information is available about the hiker formaly known as minnisota smith.

Great! I hope thats a promise.

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 08:40
he will go to the library if he has the time. and post the crap out of us. and hes still using the name minnisota smith. and he still sounds great and fully motovated and he has no plans to further flip or flop. hes walink to katadhin and kent to hanover and thats all folks! good luck minnisota smith.

Sly
09-11-2006, 08:49
next fifty miles rumored to be less hard.

Rumored by who? Some consider it the *hardest* section of trail!

Skyline
09-11-2006, 10:54
I'll believe that one Matthewski when I see photographic evidence, or, on second thought, maybe I wouldn't.:rolleyes:

Seems to me he'd be better off getting himself a buzz-cut to reduce drag and weight.;)

What? Minnesota Smith has been hiking in drag?

Dances with Mice
09-11-2006, 11:02
Rumored by who? Some consider it the *hardest* section of trail!What does Snopes say about it?

StarLyte
09-11-2006, 11:06
What? Minnesota Smith has been hiking in drag?

What?? Dino hasn't worked her photomagic with this one yet?

Darwin again
09-11-2006, 11:12
By now, our man Minnesota knows the Trail isn't as difficult as various people claim. Everyone's perspective is bent to suit their agendas. Those doomsayers probably watch lots of TeeVee news and believe anything they see or read. (Remember how various expert commentators claimed MS wouldn't get out of Georgia?) Chattahoochie? Check. Nantahala? Check. Cherokee? Check. George Washington? Check. Smokies? Check. Harpers? Check. Shennies? Check. Rocksyltucky? Check. Bear Mountain? Check. Whites? Check. Carters and Wildcats? Check. Mahoosic? Coming right up...

He isn't buying the hype anymore, just walking his walk. He knows he's a free man, unafraid. Some people don't even know they are free and want to keep others down in the gutter with them, fettered by fear. Smith is now immune to the defeatist, whining talk.

The gravitational force of Big K is pulling him northward.
One step at a time, Minnesota!:sun

Sly
09-11-2006, 11:19
The gravitational force of Big K is pulling him northward.
Katahdin is calling, Katahdin is calling! :p :rolleyes:

STEVEM
09-11-2006, 11:35
Minnesota Smith is currently disguised as a cow moose. He intends to attract a bull moose, and harvest its liver with his bare hands. Boiled moose liver with Walmart broccoli should get him run out of New Hampshire real quick.

Just Jeff
09-11-2006, 12:16
Or maybe ad tedium.

StarLyte
09-11-2006, 12:18
You know.....right when I think I'm the weirdest person on this site, I read a few posts and realize.....I'm not.....

I fit right in.

The Old Fhart
09-11-2006, 12:22
Sly-"Katahdin is calling, Katahdin is calling!"If Katahdin is calling MS, roaming charges apply and it is a long distance call!;)

If you want to be realistic, he has only averaged about 6 miles per day from Hanover to Gorham. With about 300 hard miles left and no more friendly huts to feed and house him, if he "hurries" at his now blistering rate, he will reach the end of his journey at Katahdin Stream Campground at around Nov. 1 with 5.2 unattainable miles left to do.

Over the past 2 weekends, both at Grafton Notch and at the end of Flagstaff Lake, I have talked to many thru-hikers that have met and/or know MS and, to the man, and especially to the woman, the only positive thing they had to say about him was that he is now behind them. MS's PR (or is it BS) team better start spinning some more positive press releases.

Darwin again
09-11-2006, 13:14
Always a pleasure to hear your positive, upbeat comments, fart sack!
Perhaps you should try this (http://www.preparationh.com/). (Be sure and apply directly to your forehead.)

In anticipation of your incoherant, negative, rotten-spirited, bitter, arrogant reply, don't even bother. Remember, you are the wind....

I retierate, GO SMITH!:D

Peace.
~Darwin.

The Old Fhart
09-11-2006, 13:46
Darwin Again-"Always a pleasure to hear your positive, upbeat comments, fart sack!"....................In anticipation of your incoherant, negative, rotten-spirited, bitter, arrogant reply, don't even bother..........."Always good to hear from devolving sub-species.;)

So assuming you can grasp the simple concept of MPD and distance to Katahdin, what was wrong about posting the fact that your love interest is going about half the speed of other hikers? Also your getting in a tizzy because I reported what others think of the person you blindly worship doesn't affect their view of him one whit.

Dances with Mice
09-11-2006, 13:49
Gentlemen! Please respect The Thread and refrain from off-topic personal attacks. Remember, The Thread is the Gateway to Whiteblaze for many newcomers. If you insist on a holding a flame-fest, take it to one of the many minor, unimportant, seldom viewed threads available here on Whiteblaze.

On-topic personal attacks are acceptable on The Thread only if they display originality. Insults based on religious beliefs, gender or implications about sexual orientation, bodily functions, perceived degree of intelligence, life experiences, trail name, and educational or professional attainments are guaranteed low marks from our panel of experts.

Always Remember: This is The Thread and we have standards.