PDA

View Full Version : Hiking section of Mt Rogers Welcome Center to Pearisburg starting Oct 8...

cr115
09-28-2018, 09:27
Any info regarding trail conditions in that area post storms?
-thanks
-sloan

tdoczi
09-28-2018, 10:56
Any info regarding trail conditions in that area post storms?
-thanks
-sloan

cant really comment on current conditions but i can tell you that back in late may parts of that section were shockingly muddy. i would guess the same could be true now.

Gambit McCrae
09-28-2018, 14:58
cant really comment on current conditions but i can tell you that back in late may parts of that section were shockingly muddy. i would guess the same could be true now.

+1 on this. The reroute into Pearisburg was so muddy and slippery when I was walking it I said forget this and came home. As always I should have stayed however.

tdoczi
09-28-2018, 15:06
+1 on this. The reroute into Pearisburg was so muddy and slippery when I was walking it I said forget this and came home. As always I should have stayed however.

that was probably the muddiest but is a sort of short section.

the whole area from the road crossing that trent's is on until around wapiti shelter was a mess for 5 or 6 miles. utterly miserable hike.

cr115
09-28-2018, 17:00
I cant imagine it would still be that way In a week and a half...thoughts?

Tipi Walter
09-28-2018, 17:42
I left my car at the NRA for 21 days once and 22 days another time---but I went south into the Crest Zone. Pretty safe to leave your car.