PDA

View Full Version : With that 350 mil jackpot I just won

lobster
02-19-2006, 20:50
Should I go for a thru this year?

MOWGLI
02-19-2006, 20:54
Yes, after you write a check for $15,000,000 to the PCTA. Here is their contact info;

http://www.pcta.org/

Lone Wolf
02-19-2006, 21:00
Should I go for a thru this year?
Hell no. Thru-hikin is overrated. Run an ultra instead. Much more gratification.

colbys
02-19-2006, 21:02
since im from nebraska and i have a friends -daughters -mothers-cousin-aunt-second cousin twice removed who knows the winner down the street..
im going to take my portion of the money and pay for a supported thru hike this year.i will pay the miller lite girls,hooters girls,and assorted adult-film female stars to take care of all northbound-male thru-hikers in any fashion they desire this summer.
or better yet,hike every long distance trail over 100 miles in the world by the time i die...

Programbo
02-19-2006, 22:41
The question is..If you did win the $350 mil WOULD you still thru hike?..Or would you be out there climbing some steep rocky grade in the 90 degree heat with gnats bouncing off your face and suddenly think..What the hell am I doing here?..I could be..............?

saimyoji
02-19-2006, 22:47
Work=pursuit of money to do the things you really want to do.

If you have money, you don't need to work, in fact its a waste of time.

Many people who come into money don't quit their jobs because they enjoy what they do everyday....hence, its not WORK.

Personally I would quit my day job, but not give up my career. I'd have the financial stability to do what I do on my own terms in my own time, and still play the way I want to.

Having said that....pipe dreams. 6:30 tomorrow morning.....:(

Sly
02-19-2006, 22:53
With $350,000,000 you could pay for everyones thru-hike for the next 25 years and still have $200,000,000 left over.

lobster
02-19-2006, 22:56
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I would probably dish out $50,000 and go on an everest expedition.

By the way, work isn't bad when you don't really need to do it.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

weary
02-19-2006, 23:42
since im from nebraska and i have a friends -daughters -mothers-cousin-aunt-second cousin twice removed who knows the winner down the street..
im going to take my portion of the money and pay for a supported thru hike this year.i will pay the miller lite girls,hooters girls,and assorted adult-film female stars to take care of all northbound-male thru-hikers in any fashion they desire this summer.
or better yet,hike every long distance trail over 100 miles in the world by the time i die...
Just save a little bit of that money for the Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust.

I'll never have a third of a billion dollars. Nor do I need it. I already eat too well. Have a reliable car. A cluttered but nice house. A nice view of a pretty tidal estuary, three nice kids (middleaged now), and a compatible wife -- well as compatible as a cranky person has a right to expect after 43 years.

I never made much more than about $36,000 a year in my life -- or about 10,000 times less than the winner's prize. I've lived a good life and expect to continue to do so for a bit longer. What am I most pleased about in the past couple of years? The 10 percent of my income that I donated to the trail land trust to help buy Abraham. I've found that there's nothing better than saving a mountain to give one a sense of profound satisfaction.

Weary www.matlt.org

Chef2000
02-20-2006, 10:22
sorry guys they are now saying its a guy from CO who just stopped buy on the way home and picked up a single ticket.