PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Thru hike partner?

heckamar
10-27-2018, 15:04
I’m thinking about hiking the AT in 2021, preferably starting in early March. I’d like to find someone to start the trail with and hike with for at least the first 2 weeks or so. Preferably someone a bit younger. Let me know if you’re interested!

MuadDale
07-30-2019, 17:28
I'm considering a NOBO LASH starting at Springer mid-February-ish 2021 and hiking through the month of April. I understand I'll probably be slowed because of the terrain and weather so there's a good chance you'll pass me at some point.

SCsurf98
10-08-2020, 11:51
People will be starting their thru hikes almost every day during the month of March. Your best bet to find the right hiking partner would be to hike at a comfortable pace and see who ends up at the same shelters/campsites every night. Make friends and enjoy the ride! Don't worry about hiking alone.

Astro
10-08-2020, 20:56
People will be starting their thru hikes almost every day during the month of March. Your best bet to find the right hiking partner would be to hike at a comfortable pace and see who ends up at the same shelters/campsites every night. Make friends and enjoy the ride! Don't worry about hiking alone.
Really good advice there.

Slo-go'en
10-09-2020, 10:15
One post from the OP 2 years ago. What's the chances of him/her still planning to do this hike next year?

Astro
10-09-2020, 21:15
One post from the OP 2 years ago. What's the chances of him/her still planning to do this hike next year?
Probably slim and none.
But still good advice above about not worrying about finding a partner in advance and instead just roll with it once you are out there.