PDA

View Full Version : Some Costco Deals

Feral Bill
10-28-2018, 22:50
Got a merino wool long sleeve tee @7.5 ounces and $20. Karbon brand. Seems like it will be usefull
Also a Marmot 100 wt. full zip fleece @ 12.5 ounces and $30.
Both in extra long.
Worth a look for those in need of such things.

Time Zone
10-29-2018, 19:46
Extra long? Wow, you don't usually see that level of specialty sizing at Costco.
BTW, my nearest one (Fort Oglethorpe, GA) didn't have either, or at least I didn't notice them.

Q: Suppose I have some older lightweight merino wool sweaters. Couple of snags here and there (thanks, kitties!). Is there any reason they would not be just as good to wear as a merino layer as anything you'd buy at an REI-type store for hiking? I weighed a couple of mine (men's XL) and they were 8-10oz each. Seems like a decent way to use ones that you'd otherwise be ready to retire, if you don't mind looking a bit dressy - until, upon closer inspection, the snags are seen :D

Feral Bill
10-29-2018, 19:54
Extra long? Wow, you don't usually see that level of specialty sizing at Costco.
BTW, my nearest one (Fort Oglethorpe, GA) didn't have either, or at least I didn't notice them.

Q: Suppose I have some older lightweight merino wool sweaters. Couple of snags here and there (thanks, kitties!). Is there any reason they would not be just as good to wear as a merino layer as anything you'd buy at an REI-type store for hiking? I weighed a couple of mine (men's XL) and they were 8-10oz each. Seems like a decent way to use ones that you'd otherwise be ready to retire, if you don't mind looking a bit dressy - until, upon closer inspection, the snags are seen :D Oops! I meant to type extra large. They do fit like most "long" sizes, though.

Time Zone
10-29-2018, 19:58
Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying.

FWIW my experience as a L-Long is that XL sizes add more in girth than they do in length, which is what I need more (for now - ha!).